Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 00:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (R1) Kellogg (R1) Booth (R1)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2009, 14:02
domtri33 wrote:
TheGuy wrote:
After stressing out about Booth all day and not receiving a call, I've decided on a different strategy for Wharton: It's snowing here, so I'm going to get up Wednesday, drive to the mountains, turn my phone off and hit the slopes. Then just see what happens when I check my voice mail on the way home.

To everyone else, best of luck to you! Checking back in later.

GREAT PLAN!!! Can't go wrong. When Kellogg decisions starting going out for round one, I was a complete mess. I was an compulsive "status" checker, and everytime my phone rang, I about s*** myself. It was a 6pm on a Friday afternoon, 10 days after decision started rolling out. As I was finishing up with work, I realized that the battery on my phone was about dead so I just turned it off. That night, I forgot about my phone, assuming that no call was coming. I had a great night out with the wife and slept late the next morning. When I finally got rolling at about noon, I was in the car running errands and I turned my phone. I saw that I had one new message and didn't really think too much about it. As soon as I started to listen to it though, I realized what it was, almost rear ended the car in front of me, and then found a way to pull off the road to let the blood flow back into my brain before I passed out.

Moral of the story, make sure you are not actually driving when you get the message saying, "this is so and so from the Wharton admissions office, I want to be the first to welcome you to the class of 2011!!!"

Best of luck. Enjoy the slopes.

Excellent story!!! Thanks for those words. I've been trying to forget my phone too - it works in spurts! Anyway, thanks again!
Director
Director
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 96 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2009, 19:34
Good luck, everyone!

Round 1
Total Waitlisted: 18
Admits: 2
Waitlist: 2
Dings: 6

Pathfinder_77
falibay

bostonsparky - Waitlisted
coadman - Waitlisted
isa
chickmagloor
garbus222
Madz
vijapp
wolffali

bdog9 - Waitlisted
companyman - Waitlisted
cougarblue - Waitlisted
emirtumen - Waitlisted
Milspec - Waitlisted
ndiaconu - Waitlisted
nj24 - Waitlisted
u0388768 - Waitlisted

Round 2
Total Applicants: 33
Admits:
Waitlist:
Dings: 4
Unknown: 4

Hardestadt
matterhorn762
pallavi79us
Paradosso
TheGuy
rosav
Zoemoe

ashaker - Waitlisted
foodstamp - Waitlisted
gixxer1000 - Waitlisted
hobart - Waitlisted
MBAAspirant2008 - Waitlisted
mbafwi - Waitlisted
mikenyc - Waitlisted
oziozzie - Waitlisted
pu2003 - Waitlisted
sajal09 - Waitlisted
sset009 - Waitlisted
AlbertNTN - dinged
Magellan - dinged
pguard - dinged
syd999 - dinged

arshia22 | Invited to interview 2/18
beyondcat2007 | Invited to interview
davidbrent | Invited to interview 2/5
dp122008 | Invited to interview 2/17
hobart | Invited to interview 2/11
ma.agrawal | Invited to interview 2/13
dglasser - dinged
fall09 - Dinged
gboi - Dinged
refurb - Dinged
bucktooth911
stopper5
sudhir18n
woncosmo

2009 R2 GMATClub Stats:
Applicants: 37
Interviewed: 29
Admitted: 7
Waitlisted: 11
Dinged With Interview: 4
Dinged Without Interview:4
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:09
BW has started reporting Lauder calls
Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:13
The Lauder program is very small, so they do have plenty of time to make the calls. We'll see if there are any regular or HCM applicants that get the call soon.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:16
I am in. My interviewer e-mailed me just now, he knew from Admissions.

Happy, yet in deep shit.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:23
congrats paradosso!!!

you are in a lucky situation but have to make a tough decision now!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:25
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

Congrats!!!

I wonder how early he knew? My interviewer e-mailed me late last week to give me the name of a person who could answer a question I had during the interview that he could not. I interviewed the first week of March.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton, LBS, UChicago, Kellogg MMM (Donald Jacobs Scholarship), Stanford, HBS
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 134 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:30
pu2003 wrote:
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

Congrats!!!

I wonder how early he knew? My interviewer e-mailed me late last week to give me the name of a person who could answer a question I had during the interview that he could not.

I think he just knew 10 minutes ago from Admissions and immediately informed me, since it's like 7:30am in Philly now if I'm right.

Rooting for you at Stanford! What would you choose between S with no money and Booth with the boatload you snatched yesterday?
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:30
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

Congrats!
GMAT Forum Moderator
Schools: Wharton Class of 2011
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:34
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

Same thing for me overhere! My interviewer notified me couple of hours ago that my status has been changed from "waitlisted" to "admitted".

But... :? I just want to stay calm untill the adcom notifies me officialy. It's not that I don't beleive to my interviewer (he is an awesome guy), I just want to be cautious, knowing what happened in the "Calling all 2009 Kellogg applicants" thread couple of months ago 8-)

I wish you good luck volks!

My GMAT experience
My retake experience - GMAT dropped from 720 to 690 - advice for retakers
My TOEFL experience - 108

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:36
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

congrats!!
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:37
Paradosso wrote:

Happy, yet in deep shit.

congrats!!!!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:39
Paradosso wrote:
I think he just knew 10 minutes ago from Admissions and immediately informed me, since it's like 7:30am in Philly now if I'm right.

Rooting for you at Stanford! What would you choose between S with no money and Booth with the boatload you snatched yesterday?

Thanks! Well, hopefully the choice will be between Stanford, Wharton, and Booth (with money) (and hopefully Kellogg comes through with money, too).

S with no money and Booth with what they gave me would be a difficult choice. It's hard for me to say right now. I would have to visit both schools and see how I feel, but the money is hard to turn down.

Have you made up your mind yet? I am not familiar with the meaning of the colors of the schools. Are you still waiting on Stanford and HBS?
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:44
I received a missed call (no voice mail) from an Adcom. (I called back , that how I know it was an adcom). I left a voice mail and now I am just waiting...

I was planning the wait the whole day without stressing too much but now I can't wait until I get a call back!! It looks like good news but..... :shock:
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:46
i'd bet $100 that you are in falibay, but i do agree its always more heartening to have real confirmation :)

Also, if you don't mind me asking, where are you located and did you apply to Lauder?
Current Student

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:48
I am totally about to give up...
Director
Director

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:50
pu2003 wrote:

One person has gotten a call from AdCom, and you're giving up?
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:50
pu2003 wrote:

Huh? they barely started calling.. Cheer up!
Current Student

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:52
Dudes, it's a strategy... this is how I got interviews from Wharton and Stanford and got into Booth!

If I don't give up and don't get in I am going go to be SO PISSED! :-D
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 05:53
pu2003 wrote:
Dudes, it's a strategy... this is how I got interviews from Wharton and Stanford and got into Booth!

If I don't give up and don't get in I am going go to be SO PISSED! :-D

Lol, I have given up as well then!
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 26 Mar 2009, 05:53