Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Apr 2014, 06:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 20:29
Dinged here... good luck to all the W/L's and congrats to the admits..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Mar 2009, 20:57
WL for me. I was expecting a ding after a pretty bad alumni interview.

Congrats to all the admits! Good luck to everyone on the WL. :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 00:04
Something very similar to round 1 i guess.... A huge number of waitlists...!!

Now the funny part

"You will be notified about your waitlist decision on any monday starting from April 6 but no later than July 27"

So everyone who wishes to be on the waitlist has to keep their fingers on the F5 key every monday :)
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 02:29
assuming i press F5 once every minute for 8 hours every Monday till 27th july, that 8160 presses!!!!

time to get a new F5 key.
Director
Director
Schools: Wharton
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 91 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 05:32
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

Now the funny part

"You will be notified about your waitlist decision on any monday starting from April 6 but no later than July 27"

So everyone who wishes to be on the waitlist has to keep their fingers on the F5 key every monday :)

Wow! July 27 is exactly a week before students have to be on campus. Not a lot of lead time...
Current Student
Schools: Stanford, Wharton, Booth, Kellogg
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 06:02
I am on the waitlist, but would not attend Wharton unless I was accepted in April or May and got comparable scholarship money. I believe you apply for scholarships and fellowships after you are accepted, so I would imagine the vast majority of the aid goes out by the end of April. I am all set to head to Evanston or Chicago as of now (unless I get into Stanford next week).
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 06:18
zoinnk wrote:
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:

Now the funny part

Wow! July 27 is exactly a week before students have to be on campus. Not a lot of lead time...

realistically for internationals, even may 14th (R3) deadline is tight. have to get visa, which requires proof of financials,
and visa takes bout six weeks.
wondering if they are just waiting to look at the uptake from the r2 offers
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:16
sset009 wrote:
realistically for internationals, even may 14th (R3) deadline is tight. have to get visa, which requires proof of financials,

As an american not 100% familiar with the US visa application process, I was curious if it was something that is school-specific, aka if you change the institution you are attending you have to do the process all over again, or not.

For example if you are Waitlisted at school A and accepted at B, and you pursued your visa for school B now, only to find out in June that you were accepted at A.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:20
An F1 visa , which is the student visa, is school specific. So that's pretty painful for international students.

The time it takes to get the Visa, really depends on the country. For citizen of the European union, it is close to 1 week but it can be much longer for others. It is a real mess and it is a painful process, that's for sure.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:27
bostonsparky wrote:
sset009 wrote:

As an american not 100% familiar with the US visa application process, I was curious if it was something that is school-specific, aka if you change the institution you are attending you have to do the process all over again, or not.

For example if you are Waitlisted at school A and accepted at B, and you pursued your visa for school B now, only to find out in June that you were accepted at A.

Please correct me if I am wrong....

If I have a valid I-20 (a document that every grad school releases to international student on submission of financial documents) for school A, the student can take a transfer to that graduate school by completing the paper work under the authority of the international office of both the graduate schools accordingly.

The student need not get another F1-visa or need not go to the consulate again.
Current Student
Schools: Wharton '11

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 12:29
MBAAspirant2008 wrote:
bostonsparky wrote:
sset009 wrote:

Please correct me if I am wrong....

If I have a valid I-20 (a document that every grad school releases to international student on submission of financial documents) for school A, the student can take a transfer to that graduate school by completing the paper work under the authority of the international office of both the graduate schools accordingly.

The student need not get another F1-visa or need not go to the consulate again.

I have not dealt with F-1 for couple of years but if I recall, a transfer would require a new I-20/F-1. I could be wrong though.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: HBS Class of 2011
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2009, 13:53
pu2003 wrote:
sajal09 wrote:
Also Waitlisted. It is not looking good for Stanford next week....

That's what concerns me, too...

I am concerned as well. I am really hoping that the reason I got WL was my interview and not something deeper in my overall profile. It's interesting how pretty much everybody on this forum who interviewed at Stanford in R2 is either wait-listed or rejected at Wharton.

Crossing my fingers for Harvard/Stanford next week!
Current Student
Schools: HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 02:12
Any idea when is R3 decision date ? I guess thats the next major milestone for us waitlisters.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 02:29
does anybody know of anyone who was on the HCM waitlist and then admitted?

would love to talk to somebody like that to keep my spirits up. :|
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2009, 02:31
ashaker wrote:
Any idea when is R3 decision date ? I guess thats the next major milestone for us waitlisters.

may 14th

apparently 30th march is when the interview calls start going out
Current Student
Schools: Wharton'11 HBS'12
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 148 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2009, 08:02
This has been my lucky day...after Kellogg and NYU dings...I got invited to interviews at HBS and Wharton ...wooo hooo...
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2009, 08:06
FN wrote:
This has been my lucky day...after Kellogg and NYU dings...I got invited to interviews at HBS and Wharton ...wooo hooo...

congrats!!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2009, 01:01
FN wrote:

awesome news.
clearly kellogg and nyu dont know what they are missing :-D
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2009, 20:14
falibay wrote:
I have not dealt with F-1 for couple of years but if I recall, a transfer would require a new I-20/F-1. I could be wrong though.

A F-1 visa is a visa that allows you ENTRY into the US. It is not tied to any school, it is just an entry permit for someone to enter the US to study. Once you are in the US, you don't even need a valid F-1 visa anymore. An expired F-1 visa while you are living in the US does not mean you staying in the US illegal; it just means that should you leave the US for any reason, you will need to apply for another entry visa (be it F-1 or something else) before you are allowed to re-enter.

An I-20 is something that allows you to STAY in the US, and it is not only tied to a school but also a SPECIFIC program. That means even when you stay in the same school but switch majors, you will need to apply for a new I-20. While you are in the US, you should always have a valid I-20, otherwise you would be classified as an illegal resident.

A little late on the response but hope this clarifies things a little.
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 14 Apr 2009, 20:14