Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 04:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 07:53
Virflo wrote:
Hi everyone!!

Also applied to R1... read your post saying that they had already decided whom to interview... what??? really??? so soon?? :shock:

That's what I heard at a lunch with the Vice Dean. This adcom is a very efficient team - remember, this is Wharton, and most things here are done very well.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 10:35
hey guys, how long did it take before your applications went "complete". I applied on 5th october (I'm a reapplicant) and the status of my application still says recieved. Any ideas?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 10:37
xerox wrote:
Virflo wrote:
Hi everyone!!

Also applied to R1... read your post saying that they had already decided whom to interview... what??? really??? so soon?? :shock:

That's what I heard at a lunch with the Vice Dean. This adcom is a very efficient team - remember, this is Wharton, and most things here are done very well.

Wow! I'm trully impressed! :P

Thanks for sharing the info with us... although I'm not sure it makes me feel any better...if they have decided, I'm guessing they have already sent out invites, and since I haven't received one... hmmm.... :?

By the way, could someone please explain to me how this works exactly? Do they send out all invites at the same time? Or gradually? And if you are not invited for interview, would you receive a "thanks but no thanks" email? Or would you have to wait until final decision date in December? If so, when should one realistically give up on the idea of going to Wharton?

As you can probably tell, I'm just a tad nervous :wink:

Thanks for the info!!
Current Student
Schools: Fuqua '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 10:50
straight from the letter I got from wharton oct 10

"The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Thursday, October 23rd and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, November 13th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on November 13th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission."

so don't worry if you haven't received an interview invite yet, no else has either :)
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 10:50
According to the email that Wharton sent out after Round 1 finished, interview invites start going on on the 23rd...so don't worry yet..
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 12:22
Phweeew!!! :P
Thanks guys!!! OK, feel a lot calmer now.... will start stressing again after the 23rd then! :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2008, 16:20
Virflo wrote:
Phweeew!!! :P
Thanks guys!!! OK, feel a lot calmer now.... will start stressing again after the 23rd then! :wink:
Theoretically they may keep inviting R1 applicants all the way till R2 deadline so there is no need to stress out after 23rd. There is really no need to stress out at all, actually. You will eventually get into one school or another, anyways. Cases when people don't get accepted anywhere are quite rare, although there are several on this forum.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 08:13
Are there people here who submitted for Wharton on the last day before the deadline? I submitted on the 9th. Just wondering if anyone has there status as complete yet?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 178 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 09:57
CompanyMan wrote:
Are there people here who submitted for Wharton on the last day before the deadline? I submitted on the 9th. Just wondering if anyone has there status as complete yet?

I submitted on 10/8 and my status is complete :)
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 13:35
Was planning a vacation, Dont know if I would want to receive an incomplete app email right in the middle of it. :cry:
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 13:55
CompanyMan wrote:

I submitted on the 9th and my status went to complete shortly thereafter.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 14:08
Should I ask you what time you submitted. or would that be a little too much?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 18:45
LOL. Around 9 AM PST so 12 PM EST. No worries, I'm sure you will go complete soon :wink:
Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Oct 2008, 22:32
Just curious, does anybody know what the interview % for wharton? Admit rate is around 18% or so right?
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 117 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 02:38
nomsg7111 wrote:
Just curious, does anybody know what the interview % for wharton? Admit rate is around 18% or so right?

I think someone mention previously that it's around 50%.

RF

Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 05:47
nomsg7111 wrote:

Just found this link in the vault:
103-p439212

So it is around 35% interview rate with a 50% acceptance rate of those interviewed.
Current Student
Schools: Michigan

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 06:31
So they take alittle less than half huh? I wonder why they interview so many people, seems like they could weed out more from the applications.

If they take about 50% of the interviewees, they probably reject about 25% and waitlist the remaining 25%?

Are they primary looking to see if you will go to Wharton if accepted (aka fit)? or do they actually care how you answer your interview questions :) ?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 06:39
I think the primary purpose of interviewing is to humanize(if thats a word) the application, the application contains all those essays and achievements and such things can be tweaked to bring out only the positives.

With interviewing, the adcoms get a feel of the candidate, gives them an idea of how he talks, walks, and acts under pressure, and whether the person would be a likable/bearable in a team....

my point of view...
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 149 [0], given: 12

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 06:50
yea I feel interview is more about presentation than content.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Tepper '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 08:46
Also, I'm sure a fair number of frauds are uncovered during interview. IE essay ghost-writers, people who can barely speak english, etc.
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 20 Oct 2008, 08:46