Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 04:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 12:40
Just checked my account, apparently I paid the Wharton fees twice, WTF :x :x :x

I better get in now......

PS: I am still received btw...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2008, 19:13
CompanyMan wrote:
Just checked my account, apparently I paid the Wharton fees twice, WTF :x :x :x

I better get in now......

PS: I am still received btw...

Relax friends: if you pressed the 'submit' button before the deadline, the status will change to complete some time within a couple of weeks tops. Good luck!

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2008, 07:48
maverick2011 wrote:
nomsg7111 wrote:
Just curious, does anybody know what the interview % for wharton? Admit rate is around 18% or so right?

Just found this link in the vault:
103-p439212

So it is around 35% interview rate with a 50% acceptance rate of those interviewed.

I thought I remember hearing at an event that they try to interview 40% but sometimes could go up to 50%. 40% interview + 40 % accepted of those interviewed ~ 16% accep rate

the wait is painful!
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 12:53
Wharton is going to start sending out interview invitations tomorrow. Does anybody have any idea what time and/or how many invites they typically send out the first day?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 13:08
not sure but from last years thread most of the gmat members got invites towards the end but a few got invites in the first few days
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 13:11
Nope. Just know I'll be checking my email very regularly!! :P
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 22:48
Finally complete for Round-1. :-D

Must be among the last ones on GMATclub.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Wharton, Booth, Stern
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Oct 2008, 23:35
MeddlingKid wrote:
Wharton is going to start sending out interview invitations tomorrow. Does anybody have any idea what time and/or how many invites they typically send out the first day?

Good luck everybody. Will be thinking about you during the Ibiza party... (I'll try to anyway)

Wharton admits, join the rugby team!! It'll be by far the best experience of your MBA life

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 00:17
This post received
KUDOS
Hiya People

I have comipled a list of the R1 applicants to W on this forum:-

Virflo
CompanyMan
CaptainMolecule
Bostonsparky
ac8706
Meowzilla
terp26
sonibubu
Captain
Walker
gt7er
cougarblue
msday86
Madz

For co-applicants I missed out on:- please add on the name...

ATB for the interesting times ahead... :roll:
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 83 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 03:47
MeddlingKid wrote:

How do you know they start sending invites today? Will they start sending out dings today as well?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 05:14
sonibubu wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

How do you know they start sending invites today? Will they start sending out dings today as well?

That is what the e-mail that the adcom sent out after you apply. I am sure you received one. They will send out invites starting today up until Nov 13th at 5PM. No they will only submit dings on Nov 12th.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 05:16
sonibubu wrote:
MeddlingKid wrote:

The e-mail by Wharton said:

Thank you for submitting your application for Round One.

The following will provide you with information concerning the processing of application materials, timeline for the release of interview invitations, and final decision releases.

If your online account reads "Complete - Round One," your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review.

If your online account reads "Received," then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round One deadline), your online account will be changed to "Complete for Round One" and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round One submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a few weeks to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, October 30th before inquiring about the completeness of your application.

Candidates who applied by hard-copy will receive information by e-mail about how to access their online account when the processing of their application is complete. All applications submitted by hard-copy will be processed by Thursday, October 30th.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Thursday, October 23rd and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, November 13th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on November 13th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Thursday, December 4th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

Candidates who are offered an interview will receive their final admissions decision by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Monday, December 22nd.

Thank you again for applying to Wharton. We look forward to reading your application.

Sincerely,

Wharton MBA Admissions Committee
Lauder Admissions

I haven't been very active on here but can someone add me to the list of Round 1 applicants. Good Luck to everyone with their applications.
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 05:20
I submitted R1 and my application has gone complete.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 05:45
This post received
KUDOS
I am in for Round 1 as well. I submitted my application on 10/1 and went complete about 5 days later. Today is the day they start releasing interview invites, but if last year is any indication, most of us won't be hearing anything until November. Best of luck, everybody!

Virflo
CompanyMan
CaptainMolecule
Bostonsparky
ac8706
Meowzilla
terp26
sonibubu
Captain
Walker
gt7er
cougarblue
msday86
Madz
MeddlingKid
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 06:12
I am a Wharton/Lauder applicant. Anyone in my boat?
VP
VP

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 06:27
MeddlingKid wrote:
I am in for Round 1 as well. I submitted my application on 10/1 and went complete about 5 days later. Today is the day they start releasing interview invites, but if last year is any indication, most of us won't be hearing anything until November. Best of luck, everybody!

Virflo
CompanyMan
CaptainMolecule
Bostonsparky
ac8706
Meowzilla
terp26
sonibubu
Captain
Walker
gt7er
cougarblue
msday86
Madz
MeddlingKid

I will put this list on the 1st page, Thanks
Current Student
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 07:18
I'm also Wharton R1 :)
VP
VP

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 07:22
Mikus wrote:
I'm also Wharton R1 :)

added
Manager
Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth (Re-app), LBS, UCLA Anderson, Oxford Said, INSEAD (withdrawn)
WE 1: Investment Management

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 11:14
Another R1 applicant.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2008, 13:07
My inbox is still empty and I'm checking every 15 minutes! This is driving me nuts! :lol:

So, I was wondering: when are most invites sent out and is there an order? Do they first send out invitations to the best candidates or is it just a matter of whose app they first read?

Just came back from a Wharton presentation in Paris and apparently apps are up 10% compared to last yr (but seems to be that way every yr, so no increase due to crisis - we'll have to wait for R2 figures to see the real impact). She also said there were more waitlist in R1 than in other rounds... just thought I'd share. By the way, going to the pres only reinforced my feelings about Wharton! Seems like such an amazing school!!! :-D

Anyway, good luck everyone!!
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 09 Applicants   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2008, 13:07