Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 12:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton, INSEAD
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 03 Oct 2009, 07:14
Hi everyone,

Sorry for being late too. I applied last tuesday to R1. My status shows "Complete for Round 1"
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth (Admit), Columbia (Admit), Wharton (WL)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 06 Oct 2009, 02:48
i am in for round 1 as well. glad i found this forum so i can commiserate during the waiting game! good luck all!

Last edited by snakesonplanes on 15 Oct 2009, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 07:52
Question for those R-1 applicants whose application status has been changed to ""Complete for R-1". When did you submit your application?. I submitted mine on the 29th and my application status is still "Received". Just trying to figure out what is going on.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 07:57
Icarus wrote:
Question for those R-1 applicants whose application status has been changed to ""Complete for R-1". When did you submit your application?. I submitted mine on the 29th and my application status is still "Received". Just trying to figure out what is going on.

I submitted my app on the 26th, but the 2nd letter of rec didn't get submitted until the 28th. Mine shows Complete for R1....Not sure why yours wouldn't show complete, especially because you got it in before the 1st.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 08:08
Icarus wrote:

They stated in the email that some apps might take up to 2 weeks to get processed. Maybe there was something missing in the app... You can just wait until it should be processed and then send an email to the adcom. Other option is to post your doubt in the S2S forum on the Wharton's site and somebody will be able to explain it to you.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Wharton, Booth, Columbia, MIT, NYU

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2009, 08:49
Icarus wrote:

I submitted on the 29 th and mine says received as well...I would just wait and send them an email if it doesn't turn complete by oct 29 th

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 12 Oct 2009, 21:03
Updated the front page after adding new r1 names and moving few r1 to r2 names. If anyone is missing their names on the list or are in the wrong round let me know so I can fix it. Been real busy with other apps that I did not track this thread. Now I should be back with my r2 app for Wharton.

GMAT 750 (Q50/V41 AWA 5.0)
Stanford Harvard Kellogg Wharton Darden and Haas
http://mba2z.blogspot.com/
For pictures from Haas Kellogg or Stanford check out
http://picasaweb.google.com/Shivazphoto ... ityVisits#

Current Student
Schools: Tuck class of 2012
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2009, 01:30
I am applying for R2!

Good luck everyone.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2009, 14:25
gmatbschool wrote:
xerox wrote:
gmatbschool wrote:
Can someone give me an example of "complex problem"?
Example:
Once upon a time in Manhattan, you were working for a respectable guru of wealth management Mr. Madoff. One afternoon, he entrusted you the task of delivering some documents from the HQ to the corporate lawyers at Baker and McKensie LLC. You took the case with a bunch of extremely sensitive confidential corporate information with you, and left the building. As you were crossing the sreet, a female dressed in a black leather bike attire on a super fast Ducatti bike grabbed the case right from your hands as she was passing by you and sped away. It all happened so fast that your bodyguards and accompanying security guys did not have time to react. You set to solve the crysis! A week later Mr. Madoff turned himself in.

lol ok. but isn't that an ethical dilemma?

i have a story for this question but im concerned that i will be focusing on team + people dynamics part of the equation. The actual problem itself wasn't that hard.
Do you think that could work?

It could definitely work, but it could also fail depending on what picture you are trying to paint about yourself.

It is important to have an application strategy. Here is a simple framework:
1. define your goals pertaining the application. Simply put, you should decide a) what good stuff to highlight (a detailed list of such things should be on your wall now) and b) what bad stuff to mitigate (another very detailed list) or explain why it is not as bad as it looks.
2. which parts/components of the application will help you do 1a) and 1b).
3. most efficient ways of using each of the components in 2.

A very good analogy to application is often used by one of the MIT's admission's people - a mosaic or a jigsaw puzzle where all pieces together are part of the big picture. Every piece by itself may be beautiful, yet they may not look good in combination, and the other way around.

Paul Bodine also refers to the same approach in his book, only he defines them a bit differently, but the underlying concept is the same: choose several things/areas that make you unique and package them in a way that highlights their beauty and strength so that your weaknesses look natural and not overpowering.

So you and only you can decide whether a story or an essay that kills two, four or ten birds with one stone is really the best tactical approach to achieve the goals in YOUR application strategy.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 20 Oct 2009, 06:30
How were interview invites done previously? Do they send a few out each day, or send most out upfront and send out the others later?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:03
Wow...this thread is lively....

Hopefully people are getting invites tomorrow. 5pm is when first invites go out?
Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:08
Source of information?

I didnt hear any dates announced for Wharton invites?

eteusch1 wrote:

Hopefully people are getting invites tomorrow. 5pm is when first invites go out?

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:29
sm332 wrote:
Source of information?

eteusch1 wrote:

http://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... cants.aspx
Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:44
thanks ... so that means that if you dont have an invite by Nov 12 ... no dice.

Easy to comprehend

latammc wrote:
sm332 wrote:
Source of information?

eteusch1 wrote:

http://engage.wharton.upenn.edu/MBA/blo ... cants.aspx

Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:59
I re-read my essays for Wharton, against all better judgment, and realized how hopeless they all are!! Especially the first one. I think I had a good flow and then butchered it while editing a few hours before submission...

Very depressing but at least now I will not even be hoping for something in the mail..,

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 10:59
Yep...same as Chicago
Retired Moderator
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 11:12
Yeah, same here. I'm definitely screwed. lol.

gmatbschool wrote:
I re-read my essays for Wharton, against all better judgment, and realized how hopeless they all are!! Especially the first one. I think I had a good flow and then butchered it while editing a few hours before submission...

Very depressing but at least now I will not even be hoping for something in the mail..,

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 11:21
I have convinced myself not to go back to look at any of my old essays till I decide to start on R2 apps.

:roll:

bigfernhead wrote:
Yeah, same here. I'm definitely screwed. lol.

gmatbschool wrote:

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 11:43
eteusch1 wrote:

I hope that they stick to it this time around. Last year they had said that the invitations would start going out on Oct 23rd but the invites only started trickling out around Oct 28th.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 21 Oct 2009, 11:56
Icarus wrote:
eteusch1 wrote:

I hope that they stick to it this time around. Last year they had said that the invitations would start going out on Oct 23rd but the invites only started trickling out around Oct 28th.

So exactly the opposite of what Harvard did.... :lol:
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates   [#permalink] 21 Oct 2009, 11:56