Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 03:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2009, 20:54
This post received
KUDOS
Can someone please tell me in what weeks Wharton is conducting interviews? Also is LA a hub city
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 28 Oct 2009, 12:40
This post received
KUDOS
For what it's worth, I really do think they are SLOWLY trickling out. There were tons of on-campus slots open, and they also do hub interviews and alumni interviews.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 30 Oct 2009, 14:50
This post received
KUDOS
MBAboy2012 wrote:
sc,

i've sent an email to the tech support and they gave me a new pare of username and password--which if i remember correctly I had created with columbia app. anyway, I now can log on using this new credential and all of the content seemed to be there. they also told me that it was Wharton that made this change since it moved away from PIN to username.

it works now so i guess i am fine. the only question that I have is why hasn't Wharton notified me of this change when it really disabled my original log in credential? I couldn't have figured this out unless i contacted the tech support.

Thank you so much for the information. I just emailed them, too. Hopefully I can get back on to the system next week!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 7

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 09 Nov 2009, 21:12
This post received
KUDOS
I DEMAND an interview invitation tomorrow morning.

This has to work.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2009, 06:56
This post received
KUDOS
Finally... the wait is over... got my invite today... to be honest I had lost all hope... but miracles happen.. so hang in there guys.

I`
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 12 Nov 2009, 21:14
This post received
KUDOS
hang in there buddy
this process is long but have faith, u will get in :)
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 39

Kudos [?]: 158 [1] , given: 36

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 13 Nov 2009, 09:57
This post received
KUDOS
souryab wrote:
Tell me, especially those from the US, what kind of ECs and social work are considered really great there?

Each of the top programs is a special breed. Harvard appreciates leadership and achievement. H decisions are driven by a very very a experienced Adcom - they have seen it all, and they may also have a special list of characteristics they look for each year. WHich is why, no-one is a safe-bet at H.

Wharton is very very different from H. The apps are reviewed mostly by student adcom members, and the decision weighs in heavily on your character and what's between the lines of your app. Wharton candidates are all extremely qualified so the school has to pick around 15% of a group of people who would probably get in if it was a numbers game. I have heard Wharton adcom often denies apps that show signs of arrogance, non-team-player attitudes, or that appear all-over the place (plenty of achievements nothing to connect the dots). If you look like you are trying to hard, you are probably not going to fit in. I agree with the rest of the opinions, don't think of retaking GMAT, or getting on with yet another extracurricular If you are going to reapply, find out what you are truly passionate about and convey a clear, concise, focused profile that gives them a full picture of what you are about, and where you want to go. Also, you should definitely have several school alumnae review your essays and possibly a consultant.

Tips: best-app-tips-77803-80.html#p610423
GMAT experience: gmat-710-q47-v41-what-worked-and-what-didn-t-81055.html#p608295
Telling your story: storytelling-82064.html#p615567
Other MBA women: calling-all-female-mba-applicants-84636.html
GMATClub interview practice groups: gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p643929

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 03 Dec 2009, 20:55
This post received
KUDOS
aditi123 wrote:
I'm applying to FT.
My manager asked me for a guide as schools like Kellogg sad a max of 4 pages and Harvard is ~1 pg , so he wanted to know if Wharton had any preference. I couldn't find anything on the site so was wondering if anyone here had insights. WIll ask the adcom then.

Cheers!

Hey,

I may be of some help here....I spoke to the dean of admissions when he was here for an information session. He told me that Wharton does not have any preference. They just want the recommendors to be "to the point"...basically 'coz they expect all recommendors to be busy people so they really dont expect long stories about you from them. All they want is a clear response so just ensure that ur manager doesn't loose the essence of the point by being too verbose. Thats it....thereafter length does not matter. If he thinks more words are essential to make your case stronger, it should be okay.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 14 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 07:46
This post received
KUDOS
Multiple posts here and on BW have stated sources saying that only 30% of R1 was interviewed. As for Wharton vs. Booth in those terms, it's like comparing apples to oranges because of larger class size for Wharton (but also higher yield), unknown app volume (Booth was up 20% supposedly for R1), etc. I'm anxiously waiting for Friday too and I'd give myself even odds at this point.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2009, 21:50
This post received
KUDOS
the whole box thing is making me :shock: every year there is some leak/error school makes, last year Kellogg, this year...maybe Wharton...schools really need to be more careful in handling these things...

but at the same time, guys, just relax and get a good night sleep~ even if the box mean anything, the percentage of 5 box is so low that they probably haven't finished updating everything yet. and tomorrow morning, they will probably find out about this leak (if it's indeed a leak) and fix it somehow. no need to fret about it~ Friday will come and everything will be clear.

Best of luck to everyone!

oh just FYI I am also a 3 box

Never give up your dreams!
http://dreamchasermbajourney.blogspot.com/

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford R1(W/o Int), HBS R1(W/o Int), Kellogg R1(Ding), Haas R2(W/o Int), Wharton R2(W/o Int), Darden(W/o Int)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 17 Dec 2009, 23:47
This post received
KUDOS
Roll call updated. Ready for results..
Good luck guys.
Shiva

GMAT 750 (Q50/V41 AWA 5.0)
Stanford Harvard Kellogg Wharton Darden and Haas
http://mba2z.blogspot.com/
For pictures from Haas Kellogg or Stanford check out
http://picasaweb.google.com/Shivazphoto ... ityVisits#

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2009, 02:22
This post received
KUDOS
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... 3 boxers!!! 3 boxers!!! 3 boxers!!!!!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 26 Dec 2009, 16:48
This post received
KUDOS
drew031482 wrote:
Anyways, sorry for my rant, but perhaps other can tell me, besides the size of the program and it's advantages, how Wharton's approach to teaching and developing people is different then any other schools. Thanks.

Drew and aditi123 here is the way I see the Wharton difference:
h-w-s-selection-criteria-58850-120.html#p632678

If H and S have the pedigree, Wharton has the largest class / network among all other mba programs and the most well rounded academic core. If Kellogg is good at Marketing, Columbia is good at Finance, etc, Wharton is good at all of those along with some of the best Entrepeneurship, Management, Strategy, Real Estate, Ethics, Business Law, and other business area programs. I think Chicago is the only other school that comes close, but even then Wharton's international programs and name come forward. Because of its large class, the program also has more and more diverse classes in each subject. I hope this helps.

GMAT experience: gmat-710-q47-v41-what-worked-and-what-didn-t-81055.html#p608295
GMATClub interview practice groups: gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p643929

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2010, 02:46
This post received
KUDOS
And the wait begins....God this makes me so edgy...so being a good MBA candidate I shall categorize my emotional state as:-

40% - Hope
40% - Despair
20% - Just want to get drunk 8-)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 26 Jan 2010, 14:38
This post received
KUDOS
baxter wrote:
HERM3S wrote:
Every last one of us was DINGED! haha

Chill out everyone, when they come in I guarantee someone on here will get one and let everyone know, so until that happens stop worrying about it! In fact, I propose a moratorium on posts in this thread until that happens, as I keep on getting emails from GMAT club telling me "new posts in Wharton thread" and then I have to stop what I am doing to see if anyone got an interview!

BUT HERM3S, let's be reasonable:

It's the FINAL COUNTDOWN, do do dooo do, do do do do doooo! just like those guys said in that 80s song!

8-) :-D

A smiley with shades and a mullet would be perfect for a post like that!

Also (edit: since no one has posted since I did) - in order to help pass the time I will be taking the Jeopardy test tonight. Speaking of which I got the Final Jeopardy answer right when no one on the show did - maybe I can talk about that if I get an interview!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, Wharton, Columbia, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2010, 07:25
This post received
KUDOS
count me in for round 2 - this waiting is killing me!

does anyone else feel like applying to schools is very similar to dating...you had a great first date where you shared each other's backgrounds and really felt like there was an undeniable connection. then the guy has to go out of town for three weeks and says he'll call you when he gets back on jan 26th but with each passing day that he doesn't call, you are less hopefully about the new relationship and just when you have given up all hope and are on write-off day (aka feb 18th), you hear from him!

Here's to hoping we all hear from him before that write-off date!
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 411 [1] , given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 21:01
This post received
KUDOS
Folks,

The above two questions need to stop coming up. The adcomm sent everyone the same email who applied for round two:

Wharton Email Adcomm wrote:
If your online account reads "Complete - Round Two," your application has all the required materials, has been processed by the Operations Team, and has been forwarded to the Committee for review.

If your online account reads "Received," then the Operations Team needs to process your online application submission and any materials submitted by hard copy. After your materials have been processed (assuming they arrived before the Round Two deadline), your online account will be changed to "Complete for Round Two" and your file will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Due to the high number of candidates who submitted their application during the past few days (more than 60% of candidates applying for Round Two submitted their application within 24 hours of the deadline), it will take the Operations Team a few weeks to complete the processing of all materials. Therefore, please allow the Operations Team until Thursday, January 28th before inquiring about the completeness of your application.

The Admissions Committee will begin to release interview invitations on Tuesday, January 26th and will continue to release invitations on a daily basis until 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Thursday, February 18th. Due to the nature and complexity associated with the admissions process there is no particular order in which invitations are released. Also on February 18th, the Committee will release all final admissions decisions to candidates that are not being invited for an interview and therefore no longer being considered for admission.

If you are invited for an interview, you will need to complete your interview by Thursday, March 11th. Interviews will be available on campus with second-year Wharton MBA Students who are full members of the Admissions Committee, off campus with alumni, and off campus in various "Hubs" around the world by Admissions staff members. All interview options are equally considered within the admissions process.

There are two groups that review your app. The operations team ensures your app is complete, while the adcomm decides who to invite for interviews.

IF when checking your account online and you see "Complete", that means the operations team has validated your app and sent it on to the adcomm.

You will ONLY be told IF you are given an interview. You do NOT know when the adcomm is reviewing your app.

If you are NOT given an interview, you will know on Feb 18th that you are not being considered for admission.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 69 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2010, 15:18
This post received
KUDOS
Yankees2008 wrote:
Received an invite yesterday.

You can choose between a few options:

On Campus Interview - 2nd yr student
Off Campus (HUB) Interviews with a Wharton representative - AdCom
Alumni Interviews - Alumni

Does anyone have any insight on the differences between these? Are some conducted by students, some by AdCom, some by Alums?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS/KSG Class of 2014 (deferring)

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 22:13
This post received
KUDOS
gkumar wrote:
nutmba wrote:
where are the "infamous boxes" when we log in? i dont see any....

I too wonder about this.

I just dug around and figured out what everyone was talking about -

They are not in the online application, rather they are in another Wharton admissions portal called "myWharton MBA". To access it, simple go to the Wharton MBA homepage and on the far right side of the links bar above the big picture in the middle of the page there is a link for it. Use the same PIN and PW you use for the regular application.

The homepage for myWharton MBA has the infamous "boxes" on the right side of the page. I am assuming these shouldn't change until at least after the interview and as the deadline approaches, correct?...
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 12 Feb 2010, 17:52
This post received
KUDOS
Roll Call Updated

Congrats RonMexico!!!
If its any reconciliation to the rest of us, we have 89 applicants and 20 interview invites as of now (even with the self-selection bias - aka people joining after they have received an invite). There are 4 work days left for interview invites to go out (per FanaticalFan a sizable chunk of invites goes out in the last week).

If we are to match the GmatClub R1 performance (59% of applicants got interviews) then we have 32 more slots to go. Another scenario is if we match the reported Wharton interview rate of 30-40% of all applicants this year. In that case we have 7-16 slots left. Still, plenty of breathing space. So, enjoy your weekend and don't worry about invites till Monday :)

For those of you who got invites - feel free to schedule times and practice interviewing with the new GMATClub option described here: gmatclub-interview-groups-85902.html#p676833 . Its free, and I can't think of a better way to uphold the Wharton spirit than to collaborate!

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates   [#permalink] 12 Feb 2010, 17:52