Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Aug 2014, 01:49

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:41
sm332 wrote:
in the same boat ... aargh

HCGirl10 wrote:
Nothing for me yet :(

We'll have to take comfort in the fact that they definitely don't send them all out on the first day like HBS. Most of my friends last year got them a week or two after the official first day of invites (and were accepted). Still would be nice to know now...

Congrats to people who are already hearing on this!
Retired Moderator
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 66 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:43
Me either. It's like waiting for this hot girl I picked up at a club to call me back. Does she like me? I hope so! I hope I didn't come on too strong. Crap, I did. Oh no!! :cry:

sm332 wrote:

HCGirl10 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Wharton, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:44
Haha. I love this analogy. It perfectly describes the pain of the waiting process.

bigfernhead wrote:
Me either. It's like waiting for this hot girl I picked up at a club to call me back. Does she like me? I hope so! I hope I didn't come on too strong. Crap, I did. Oh no!! :cry:

sm332 wrote:

HCGirl10 wrote:
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:47
zaphod wrote:
Hey Bostonarmyguy and latammc!!

Congrats!! Well done! Can you guys tell us when did your submission was sent (along with recos)? So that we can do some maths to figure out where our application mite me in the queue!!

Thanks a lot!

Gud luck wid the interviews....and keep us updated.

Cheers!

In my case, I submitted on 9/30 at 9 am and the recos were sent one on 9/4 and the other on 9/27...

The decision was available as of today
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:53
latammc wrote:
zaphod wrote:

Congrats!! Well done! Can you guys tell us when did your submission was sent (along with recos)? So that we can do some maths to figure out where our application mite me in the queue!!

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

In my case, I submitted on 9/30 at 9 am and the recos were sent one on 9/4 and the other on 9/27...

The decision was available as of today

I think they mentioned on the Wharton Forum that it doesn't matter when you submit your application. It depends on when your app was reviewed. It could go through 1 reader quickly, and then sit for sometime with another reader....I haven't gotten an invite either, but checking every 5 seconds doesn't help me forget about it :)
Manager
Manager
Schools: Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:58
I got the interview invite! Just logged in the application website as suggested by someone in the businessweek forum :-) I didn't receive any email yet.

I submitted my appln on 9/29
My recos were submitted between 9/23 and 9/27

Last edited by praz on 23 Oct 2009, 07:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 06:58
Congrats to the two who have them so far.

I'm still waiting/hoping.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 07:05
I fear I am gonna ruin my F5 button....shud plug my crappy external keyboard for those crazy times....

I dun wanna break my precious laptop :(

GMATing: How I made it to an Ivy League B-School!!||How I got a 770!!

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford (dinged), Wharton (WL), Kellogg, Chicago (Accepted), MIT (WL)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 07:12
zaphod wrote:
I fear I am gonna ruin my F5 button....shud plug my crappy external keyboard for those crazy times....

Dude,

They have said everywhere that they usually take the whole interview invite period to issue interviews. I would go home, work on your MIT app which is due next Tuesday and get some beers over the weekend...

I know it's easier said than done, but if not you are going to ruin your heart and your hair before time.....That's the approach I took for Stanford, If they want me they will call me if not, well...there are always other schools...
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS R1, Wharton R1, Chicago Booth R1, CBS Jan, MIT Sloan R1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 07:23
zaphod wrote:

Thanks a lot!

Cheers!

In response to the above, I sent in my app Sep. 22nd (so early) and my final letter of recommendation came in on the 29th.. and actually I realized after the deadline that there the application was missing my last two grades senior spring, so I had to call the admissions people and resend them the file, on October 2nd.

Anyway, don't worry, according to everything I've heard and read, they tend to be slower in sending out interview invitations than HBS..
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 07:43
latammc wrote:
zaphod wrote:

Dude,

They have said everywhere that they usually take the whole interview invite period to issue interviews. I would go home, work on your MIT app which is due next Tuesday and get some beers over the weekend...

I know it's easier said than done, but if not you are going to ruin your heart and your hair before time.....That's the approach I took for Stanford, If they want me they will call me if not, well...there are always other schools...

Yeah true! My MIT app is almost done except the cover letter...which needs work...I have no clue what a good cover letter shud sound like...

GMATing: How I made it to an Ivy League B-School!!||How I got a 770!!

Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 08:19
latammc wrote:
zaphod wrote:

no invite for me (but not surprised or even sad strangely?)
does anyone know if they will even send more today? or is it like a "we update our system at 9 AM and then we're done" thing.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 52 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 10:33
gmatbschool wrote:
latammc wrote:
zaphod wrote:

no invite for me (but not surprised or even sad strangely?)
does anyone know if they will even send more today? or is it like a "we update our system at 9 AM and then we're done" thing.

Look at the bright side - they have not said "no".

It usually takes some time to send them all out - they need to read all the apps, discuss them, make the decision, etc. -there are a lot of things to consider. So, obviously, these things are not done in haste, and a healthy delay is natural.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS 2012
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 10:42
I'd like to be added to roll call also, sorry for the late join. Thanks.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 10:54
Nothing either. Here comes the second guessing. Should I have picked that recommender? Was my essay really that bad? Should I have participated in the Pumpkin Patch contest and added that as an extracurricular? :P

I submitted my stuff early. App was in on the 29th and recs were in by the 20th :(
Manager
Manager
Schools: MIT

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 5

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 11:10
sharstarz12 wrote:
Nothing either. Here comes the second guessing. Should I have picked that recommender? Yes. He/she has a secret crush on you and would have done anything to help.
Was my essay really that bad? Sort of. You didn't convince them you really do prefer Wharton to Harvard
Should I have participated in the Pumpkin Patch contest and added that as an extracurricular? :P YES! OMFG YOU DIDN'T ???

I submitted my stuff early. App was in on the 29th and recs were in by the 20th :(

j/k :-D
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 14:07
LOL :P haha, well, am still waiting. Still no change. Hopefully, we'll hear more next week...
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS R1, Wharton R1, Chicago Booth R1, CBS Jan, MIT Sloan R1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 14:23
Just a heads up everyone, looked like the vast majority, 95% or so, of the interview slots were still open... sit tight!
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 14:26
If i go any tighter, i will explode
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates [#permalink] New post 23 Oct 2009, 14:30
lionvish wrote:
If i go any tighter, i will explode

I second that.....The wait is killing me!!!
Re: Calling all Wharton Fall 2010 Candidates   [#permalink] 23 Oct 2009, 14:30