Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Sep 2014, 19:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Current Student
avatar
Status: Yale! (whipped and bound)
Joined: 02 May 2012
Posts: 403
Location: United States (CA)
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 May 2013, 13:24
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Last minute analysis:

270 members in group. We can assume that the # of members is overshooting current enrollment by 40. (Last year had 289 in group vs 249 enrolled). Therefore, 230 are enrolled and there are 40 spots between r3 and WL.

Good luck to all!


I'm totally feeling this math and bet you're spot on. It will be interesting to see what happens on the R3 deadline. They'll probably accept around 60 or so (I think historically R3 has a higher yield), which means we'll see how big the group swells.
_________________

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 58
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 07:20
Did anyone else get the email with the link to the question about continuing interest/acceptance of an offer?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 15 Nov 2009
Posts: 124
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V37
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 08:44
dougdoug wrote:
Did anyone else get the email with the link to the question about continuing interest/acceptance of an offer?


i did...
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 96
Location: Kuwait
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 23:35
Yeah me too. They mentioned that they'd review WL candidates soon but gave no timelines.
_________________

INSEAD - MBA Class of December 2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/insead15d/
WhatsApp Group (Admits): PM me with your number to join the group :-)

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 96
Location: Kuwait
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 May 2013, 23:44
Pashya wrote:
Yeah me too. They mentioned that they'd review WL candidates soon but gave no timelines.


Oh wait a minute ... I just realized that decision date for R3 is on May 16th. Could it be possible that they'd release decisions to WL candidates on the same day?

I think some WL candidates got rejects on the R2 d-day but I don't think anyone from the WL reported admits.
_________________

INSEAD - MBA Class of December 2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/insead15d/
WhatsApp Group (Admits): PM me with your number to join the group :-)

Expert Post
VP
VP
avatar
Status: Yale SOM!
Joined: 06 Feb 2012
Posts: 1250
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 33

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 05:21
Expert's post
Pashya wrote:
Pashya wrote:
Yeah me too. They mentioned that they'd review WL candidates soon but gave no timelines.


Oh wait a minute ... I just realized that decision date for R3 is on May 16th. Could it be possible that they'd release decisions to WL candidates on the same day?

I think some WL candidates got rejects on the R2 d-day but I don't think anyone from the WL reported admits.


That sounds possible to me since there were people released from the WL with R2 decisions; hopefully some of you guys will hear better news though!
_________________

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 70
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE: Consulting (Health Care)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2013, 15:15
I just released myself from the wait list. hopefully that's more room for you guys.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Posts: 24
Location: United States
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2013, 22:18
Seems like Yale is one of the schools that won't release waitlist candidates until after the round 3 deposit deadline.. does that seem like a fair assessment?
Current Student
User avatar
Status: Yale SOM 2015!
Joined: 28 Feb 2012
Posts: 180
Location: United States (MA)
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 06:11
tokugawa86 wrote:
Seems like Yale is one of the schools that won't release waitlist candidates until after the round 3 deposit deadline.. does that seem like a fair assessment?


It looks like there were some candidates released with round 2. I don't believe they've accepted any off the waitlist yet. Also, they may keep some folks on the waitlist throughout the summer in case they have people back out at the last minute. From what I understand, only domestic students have the possibility of staying on the list during the summer because of visa issues.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 28
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 May 2013, 09:02
lb2015 wrote:
tokugawa86 wrote:
Seems like Yale is one of the schools that won't release waitlist candidates until after the round 3 deposit deadline.. does that seem like a fair assessment?


It looks like there were some candidates released with round 2. I don't believe they've accepted any off the waitlist yet. Also, they may keep some folks on the waitlist throughout the summer in case they have people back out at the last minute. From what I understand, only domestic students have the possibility of staying on the list during the summer because of visa issues.



We will probably get an update on Thursday. Either accepted, rejected, or continue on waitlist. I hope that narrows it down (glaring sarcasm).
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 96
Location: Kuwait
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 23

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 01:12
I hope this thread gets some positive news today!
_________________

INSEAD - MBA Class of December 2015
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/insead15d/
WhatsApp Group (Admits): PM me with your number to join the group :-)

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 28
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 07:03
Spoke to admissions earlier this week - I'll be sticking on the wait list :/
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 58
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 07:06
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Spoke to admissions earlier this week - I'll be sticking on the wait list :/
Do you mean anything other than 'I did not remove myself from the waitlist'?

On a separate note, I got an email yesterday from the admissions office saying that they would be reviewing the waitlist candidates' additional materials later in the day (yesterday). I take that to mean some wait list applicants could hear today?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 May 2012
Posts: 18
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 07:21
dougdoug wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:
Spoke to admissions earlier this week - I'll be sticking on the wait list :/
Do you mean anything other than 'I did not remove myself from the waitlist'?

On a separate note, I got an email yesterday from the admissions office saying that they would be reviewing the waitlist candidates' additional materials later in the day (yesterday). I take that to mean some wait list applicants could hear today?


I got the same email yesterday. I am assuming that we will get a notification at 5:00pm like last time, if we don't get the call.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 13:00
Just got waitlisted w/o interview at Yale. Was expecting a DING, so super excited. What are the chances from here on? seems like there are already lot of people on the WL.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Nov 2012
Posts: 28
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 13:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
hailmary620 wrote:
Just got waitlisted w/o interview at Yale. Was expecting a DING, so super excited. What are the chances from here on? seems like there are already lot of people on the WL.


I think they reject a bunch of WLers from R1 and R2 today and a lot of people have given up hope and are committed at other schools, so it's a much smaller list. Not sure what the chances are from here out though. I don't know anyone who has gotten in during summer
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 13:12
chessmaster1234 wrote:
hailmary620 wrote:
Just got waitlisted w/o interview at Yale. Was expecting a DING, so super excited. What are the chances from here on? seems like there are already lot of people on the WL.


I think they reject a bunch of WLers from R1 and R2 today and a lot of people have given up hope and are committed at other schools, so it's a much smaller list. Not sure what the chances are from here out though. I don't know anyone who has gotten in during summer


Thanks. Well, I have a super low GMAT and taking again soon, so hopefully a higher score will help my cause.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 758
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 204

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 13:13
Does Yale accepts additional recommendations from WLers? Their WL FAQs don't say anything about the recs.
_________________

Duke MBA Class of 2016

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Jan 2013
Posts: 11
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.06
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 May 2013, 16:14
Dinged with R3.. Looks like I at least know where I'm going now and I can have a fun last month of freedom! Good luck to everyone still hoping for Yale
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Posts: 5
Location: United Arab Emirates
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.58
WE: Engineering (Telecommunications)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 May 2013, 21:00
Got dinged too. Anderson for me.
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants   [#permalink] 19 May 2013, 21:00
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
12 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants mbamyway 61 11 Dec 2013, 14:27
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants Dbalks 159 13 Dec 2012, 16:57
286 Experts publish their posts in the topic Yale SOM 2013 - Calling All Applicants aerien 1287 06 Jul 2012, 18:10
7 Calling all Yale SOM 2009 Applicants! IHateTheGMAT 422 20 Jul 2008, 21:45
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8    Next  [ 160 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.