Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Sep 2014, 18:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2013, 18:52
I just submitted additional essay last night. I think mine was a bit late compared to you guys as I had to wait until pormotion list is announced. And yeah, I got promoted!

I devoted every effort into 8 pages of PDF file with extra caring on the design of the format.

So let's see what will happen. Yay!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 32

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 05:19
shushu wrote:
I just submitted additional essay last night. I think mine was a bit late compared to you guys as I had to wait until pormotion list is announced. And yeah, I got promoted!

I devoted every effort into 8 pages of PDF file with extra caring on the design of the format.

Wow, 8 page pdf for your update, thats really long! I had the understanding that these update letters are usually a letter or two but maybe I'm wrong. Do you mind my asking what your wrote about in such a long letter? I feel I do not have enough material professionally and personally to cover more than maybe 2 pages at most. And I actually have not written my letter yet either but plan to do so next week - hope thats not too late! I figured since they said they don't look at waitlist candidates until mid March that an update in early Feb would be fine. What do you guys think?

How long were everyone elses update letters?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 62 [0], given: 107

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 10:25
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
shushu wrote:

Wow, 8 page pdf for your update, thats really long! I had the understanding that these update letters are usually a letter or two but maybe I'm wrong. Do you mind my asking what your wrote about in such a long letter? I feel I do not have enough material professionally and personally to cover more than maybe 2 pages at most. And I actually have not written my letter yet either but plan to do so next week - hope thats not too late! I figured since they said they don't look at waitlist candidates until mid March that an update in early Feb would be fine. What do you guys think?

How long were everyone elses update letters?

I agree that 8 pages seems like a lot (maybe even excessive, sorry shushu, but that's just my opinion--perhaps your situation warrants a longer update though). I was wailisted at another school and my plan is to send an email with headings for the update (i.e. professional, leadership, volunteer work) and then put 1-2 bullet points below each section with new accomplishments. I think it might amount to 1 printed page. I'm not doing an additional essay, but if you felt that your essays could use improvement, it might be worth sending an updated version (particularly since the Yale essays are so short).

I think this is definitely one of those quality over quantity situations...I'd tend towards brevity.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2013, 14:03
I sent a two page pdf consisting mainly of my recent accomplishments
and I also tried to explain my MBA motivation in a detailed manner.

I answered few questions that were posed to me during the interview
where I thought I could have done better.

Overall I tried blending all of these into a single essay.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Jan 2013, 18:40
The contents are 4 pages only, each page with one theme. I updated my current work status, why Yale, why MBA, and my life-long plan I kept in my heart for over 7 years. Think my posting triggered some noises here lol. Just because I also focused on design and format, the number of total pages is more than of actual contents. Not sure if this would work or not, but I am just doing all of my best.
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2013, 08:25
Wrote my letter and sent if off today. Was waiting for a big project at work to get underway.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2013, 13:46
Ward2012 wrote:
Wrote my letter and sent if off today. Was waiting for a big project at work to get underway.

Good luck! I did not get any reply back from the school since I submitted almost 2 weeks ago =(
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:46
I may be the last one here to submit an update letter but im hoping to send mine off this week. Was waiting on a few things to develop so that I could effectively include them in my letter.

I know one person got off WL last year in January but that was an extreme case due to his/her specific situation. Anyone know when we'll realistically start hearing anything regarding this waitlist?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 132 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:48
I spoke with an Admissions Officer back in January and she told me that the committee will not look at the waitlist until mid-March.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 34

Kudos [?]: 411 [0], given: 245

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Feb 2013, 13:55
Expert's post
Ward2012 wrote:
I spoke with an Admissions Officer back in January and she told me that the committee will not look at the waitlist until mid-March.

I don't know specifics about this, but to me it looks like you guys will be evaluated with the R2 decisions. Hopefully you guys will hear good news March 28th!

Posted from my mobile device Image

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 06 Mar 2013, 06:46
Just curious but has anyone on this forum taken themselves out of consideration for SOM due to acceptance at another school or for any other reasons?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 05:55
Just got a "Yale SOM Wait List Review" email from admissions. Looks like the Waitlist may actually see some movement this week as AdCom starts looking at our updates and probably has a final count of Round 2 admitted students.

Anyone else get this email?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '15 (I)
GMAT 1: Q V0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 06:01
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
Just got a "Yale SOM Wait List Review" email from admissions. Looks like the Waitlist may actually see some movement this week as AdCom starts looking at our updates and probably has a final count of Round 2 admitted students.

What did it say?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 06:11
chessmaster1234 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

What did it say?

Seemed to be a generic email to all WL candidates just thanking us for our patience while remaining on the WL and that they would review candidates this week. Also asking that if our plans have changed and we would no longer like to be considered then we should inform them.
Current Student
Affiliations: CFA
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 600 Q45 V28
GMAT 2: 670 Q44 V39
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Insurance)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 74 [0], given: 7

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 07:09
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
chessmaster1234 wrote:
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:

What did it say?

Seemed to be a generic email to all WL candidates just thanking us for our patience while remaining on the WL and that they would review candidates this week. Also asking that if our plans have changed and we would no longer like to be considered then we should inform them.

Got the same email. I like at the end where they say if they offer you a spot, they expect you to accept.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2013, 17:29
I got the email too. I was freaked out at first time as I thought that it is a ding letter.

Believe we will be notified with R2 candidates on 28 Mar?

My hands are getting wet with being nervous.

Let's keep our fingers crossed!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:28
I take it no good news for anyone here yet? Apparently we will all have status updates online today
Current Student
Schools: Johnson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 50 [0], given: 21

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:40
NYCFinanceGuy wrote:
I take it no good news for anyone here yet? Apparently we will all have status updates online today

Nothing yet here. Where'd you hear/read that we'll have our status updated online today?
That's a bit reassuring and a part of me would prefer a straight up Ding/Admit as opposed to having no update like Fuqua..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:41
will the R1 waitlisted candidates receive phone calls today if they get accepted ?

Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2013, 10:43
No idea if we'd get calls if accepted. In addition to what @Aerian stated above about getting updates today, I confirmed with AdCom when I gave them a ring earlier this week that we will get some sort of a status update but that could be a Ding, Acceptance, or invitation to remain on the WL.
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2013 'Waitlisted' Applicants   [#permalink] 28 Mar 2013, 10:43