Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Aug 2014, 06:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
Followers: 134

Kudos [?]: 844 [0], given: 825

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2014, 06:40
Expert's post

!
Join us for a chat with several current students who have been admitted from WL last year.
When: Tue Feb 4th at 9 AM PST
Where: GMAT Club Chat

The recording of the Getting off a Waitlist Webinar is now available on Youtube:

Be the coolest guy in the MBA Forum - Be a threadmaster!

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Next Generation GMATClub CATS with Brilliant Analytics.

Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2014, 07:02
today's the last day for Round 1 to make their deposits... anyone make a decision on schools/hear anything from Yale?
Fuqua Thread Master
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 48

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2014, 13:28
Sadly, no, I haven't heard anything. I have April 4 down as the waitlist notification date for people in round 1, but I can't seem to find where I got that info. Can anyone else verify?

More thoughts at my blog: MBA the Nonprofit Way

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 15

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 09:13
Did anyone receive the email from waitlist manager on if they are willing to attend Yale som, how committed would they be?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Mar 2014, 09:30
CheeseNcrackers wrote:
Did anyone receive the email from waitlist manager on if they are willing to attend Yale som, how committed would they be?

Posted from my mobile device Image

I did, anyone decide to get off the WL for greener pastures?
5 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.41

Kudos [?]: 15 [5] , given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2014, 21:17
This post received
KUDOS
So, six months after submitting my application, I finally received an interview invite :-D Hopefully, I will get an answer with the round two applicants.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 01:10
Expert's post
octopig wrote:
So, six months after submitting my application, I finally received an interview invite :-D Hopefully, I will get an answer with the round two applicants.

Congratulations!! Let us know how it goes!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 04:26
octopig wrote:

maybe this means they're gonna start accepting people off the WL??
BSchool Forum Moderator
GMAT 1: 740 Q52 V38
GPA: 3.2
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 189 [0], given: 122

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2014, 04:41
octopig wrote:

Wow, congrats! I (falsely) assumed that we wouldn't be getting interview invites a week before dday! Is your interview scheduled before then?

My review of some of the CAT practice exams
List of all 2014 Admit Weekends
You can usually find me on gmatclub's chat.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V45
GPA: 3.41

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2014, 02:01
aerien wrote:
octopig wrote:

Congratulations!! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks :) So I received the invite on tuesday and the only interview date available was Friday, March 28. I thought the interview was alright, mostly behavioral questions. The interviewer was very friendly and helpful.

I am guessing we'll all get some form of an update from Yale next week. Good luck everyone!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q V0
GRE 1: 330 Q165 V165
GPA: 3
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 08:28
This post received
KUDOS
In off R1 waitlist. Have hope future (and current) waitlist candidates.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 13:58
Waitlisted without interview for R2!

Very excited, but those who were waitlisted with an interview have to be better off, right?

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 58

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Apr 2014, 14:26
farful wrote:
Waitlisted without interview for R2!

Very excited, but those who were waitlisted with an interview have to be better off, right?

Waitlisted without interview too. Most schools say there is no difference. Based on how you strengthen your candidacy, they can eventually invite you to interview..... and compare all waitlisted candidates the same way
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 07:07
Has any R2 waitlisted candidate written to the admission committee for feedback and heard back from them? It is weird that the waitlist manager have not reached out to us so far as she sent mails to R1 waitlisted candidates only 3 days after the R1 notification day according to the words left on the first page of this thread.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 11:04
soloherm wrote:
Has any R2 waitlisted candidate written to the admission committee for feedback and heard back from them? It is weird that the waitlist manager have not reached out to us so far as she sent mails to R1 waitlisted candidates only 3 days after the R1 notification day according to the words left on the first page of this thread.

Hey, I was thinking of the same. There are no emails so far and we do not know who our waitlist manager is. I was hoping that there would be some communication this week.
I am thinking of writing an email to the waitlist email address and finding out who our waitlist manager is and if we can reach out to this person for a feedback.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 11:43
Laksh2013 wrote:
soloherm wrote:

Hey, I was thinking of the same. There are no emails so far and we do not know who our waitlist manager is. I was hoping that there would be some communication this week.
I am thinking of writing an email to the waitlist email address and finding out who our waitlist manager is and if we can reach out to this person for a feedback.

I take back my words. Just received an email from Michelle :-D .......and I am assuming everybody else who is waitlisted did too.
BSchool Forum Moderator

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 12:02
I got Michelle's email as well. I had also sent in an email asking for feedback. No reply regarding that yet.

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2014, 20:47
Hi guys,

I received a waitlist without interview as well. Had a quick query- is it advisable to send in any additional information/recommendation post receiving the feedback from admissions or earlier?

Thanks, and I wish those of us still on the waitlist, all the best.
Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2014, 13:32
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
boblives84 wrote:
Hi guys,

I received a waitlist without interview as well. Had a quick query- is it advisable to send in any additional information/recommendation post receiving the feedback from admissions or earlier?

Thanks, and I wish those of us still on the waitlist, all the best.

I'm not sure what the timeline is for adcom giving you all feedback, but I would send in relevant, helpful information that would add value to your application as soon as you have it (e.g., job promotion, increased leadership responsibilities, etc) and of course, to reiterate your interest in the school.

I personally would not email every few weeks to restate my interest in the school; I feel like if you do that once (whether or not you have additional info to add to your app), then you're fine. I do know, though, that others on GC disagree with that positioning.

As always, you know what's best for your own situation and you should do what's right for you. YMMV, but I wish you all the best of luck!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 189 [1] , given: 122

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 05:38
This post received
KUDOS
I received my application feedback. I was half expecting a "no actionable feedback" but was happy to receive actual feedback. :)

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 17 Apr 2014, 05:38