Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Jul 2014, 11:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
BSchool Forum Moderator
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q V0
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 131 [0], given: 27

Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 08:53
farful wrote:
I received my application feedback. I was half expecting a "no actionable feedback" but was happy to receive actual feedback. :)

that's nice that Yale gives feedback. When I was waitlisted last year, Yale didn't give any feedback.
Expert Post
VP
VP
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Followers: 32

Kudos [?]: 410 [0], given: 244

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2014, 09:58
Expert's post
Ward2012 wrote:
farful wrote:
I received my application feedback. I was half expecting a "no actionable feedback" but was happy to receive actual feedback. :)

that's nice that Yale gives feedback. When I was waitlisted last year, Yale didn't give any feedback.

Yeah, giving feedback is a new offering this year, and I'm really happy that SOM is taking the time to do it! It's a stressful process and the more they can do to help make it more transparent will only be better for your application and in your deciding what school is the best fit for you.

For waitlisters still waiting on feedback requests: Adcom is working as quickly as possible to answer all your feedback requests. They know you guys have been waiting patiently for it, so just hold out a bit longer and they'll get back to all of you!

aerien

Why Yale | My Advice For Younger Applicants

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE: Supply Chain Management (Computer Software)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 58

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 14:49
I visited the school and got to speak with Michelle. Unfortunately it is "no actionable" feedback for me :(( ......
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 13

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 15:49
Laksh2013 wrote:
I visited the school and got to speak with Michelle. Unfortunately it is "no actionable" feedback for me :(( ......

Hey Laksh,
Great, you were able to visit campus. I would like to hear more about it, if you don't mind: like how did you organize the trip (did you organize anything at all), what did you do, etc.

I am playing with the idea of visiting campus myself. Unfortunately I haven't been able visit campus, but now I can take a couple of days off, and well: a trip to the US might be nice and from what I hear Yale has an architecturally beautiful campus (I am an architect... :-P). As to the reasons, visiting certainly shows interest in the school, but honestly, I would like to do so for for myself. I would like to get the "feel" of Yale and talk to SOM-students - I hope it is not too late to do so.
That is, if I manage to go, I would like to sit in on a class, talk to as many pple as possible and take a tour ... any thoughts?

bests and happy Eastern!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 16:32
fc wrote:
Laksh2013 wrote:

Hey Laksh,
Great, you were able to visit campus. I would like to hear more about it, if you don't mind: like how did you organize the trip (did you organize anything at all), what did you do, etc.

I am playing with the idea of visiting campus myself. Unfortunately I haven't been able visit campus, but now I can take a couple of days off, and well: a trip to the US might be nice and from what I hear Yale has an architecturally beautiful campus (I am an architect... :-P). As to the reasons, visiting certainly shows interest in the school, but honestly, I would like to do so for for myself. I would like to get the "feel" of Yale and talk to SOM-students - I hope it is not too late to do so.
That is, if I manage to go, I would like to sit in on a class, talk to as many pple as possible and take a tour ... any thoughts?

bests and happy Eastern!

Hey, thanks for asking...happy to help. All I had to do was register for a visit. The whole day is planned for you. Starts with a class - I sat in an elective class on emerging markets (you'll have choices). Following this, there was a tour of the SOM building, followed by lunch and then university tour. I had requested for a meeting with Michelle and our admissions guide was kind enough to setup that meeting. After all of these events, there was a Q&A session with current students and admissions committee members. I am very happy I visited.

If you want to soak in all the architecture, you better spend an additional day. There is SOOO much to see. My husband is a photographer and this place was like heaven for him. Food is awesome too. You can find a lot of good restaurants. We spent 2days and I loved it every bit!

What can I say about the students? I was already impressed about the type of people associated with Yale SOM. my visit reaffirmed that this place is double awesome because of the people.

I hope you enjoy your trip! PM me if you have further questions!
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2014, 20:09
Received an email from Michelle, "no actionable feedback" and that the AdCom will re-look at my application....Which I think is not such a bad thing. Lets wait and watch.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Yale '16 (WL)

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2014, 13:17
Same, "no actionable feedback" from Michelle, although she did say to send any updates / ask any questions.

On that note, I've seen people mentioning that it's worthwhile to let AdCom know if you have a promotion or your circumstances change in some way that may favor your application.

I recently changed jobs (post my interview) but it was more of a sideways move than upwards, so there's a risk I could disturb the equilibrium (so to speak) by telling them something that doesn't actually add any credit to my app - and may even confuse things slightly.

Any thoughts? Am I obliged to tell them I'm not with the same company I was when I interviewed?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.85

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 02:28
mrtar01 wrote:
Same, "no actionable feedback" from Michelle, although she did say to send any updates / ask any questions.

On that note, I've seen people mentioning that it's worthwhile to let AdCom know if you have a promotion or your circumstances change in some way that may favor your application.

I recently changed jobs (post my interview) but it was more of a sideways move than upwards, so there's a risk I could disturb the equilibrium (so to speak) by telling them something that doesn't actually add any credit to my app - and may even confuse things slightly.

Any thoughts? Am I obliged to tell them I'm not with the same company I was when I interviewed?

Thanks

I would ideally let them know of the change in job, even though it is more of a lateral shift. Any kind of an update (barring the ridiculous) I feel goes to show the level of involvement one continues with a school. Too much is an overkill, but if this change is "THE/one of the" most significant developments professionally since you applied, I think it is worth the mention.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2014, 10:23
I sent my letter of interest yesterday. No acknowledgement so far though.
Yesterday was R3 application deadline. I am assuming they will start reviewing all applications very soon. Good luck to all the waitlisted folks!!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GRE 1: 322 Q161 V161
GPA: 3.29

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2014, 11:11
Hey y'all. I was waitlisted Round 2 as a Consortium applicant. Has anyone found a successful method to get off the waitlist other than the continued display of interest?
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 May 2014, 10:14
Anybody heard anything from the adcom team recently? I finally received a response to my update letter and was told that timeline wise they may start looking at waitlisted applicants in mid-May.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 May 2014, 17:46
I received an email with a survey from Michelle. She said they would begin to review the candidates on the waitlist after Round 2 enrollment deadline. Though it seems to be a generic email, it is good to see some progress soon.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 03:08
So I replied to the email survey stating that I was still interested in Yale SOM, and have been invited to another interview. I have already met with members of the AdCom twice, first in my Skype interview, then I was able to meet with Michelle and some others on campus. I know that I'm fortunate to have another opportunity to discuss my application, but as I haven't had any actionable feedback, I'm a bit worried as the AdCom must have some specific doubts about me!

Is anyone else in a similar situation?
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 11:21
Expert's post
dumplings wrote:
So I replied to the email survey stating that I was still interested in Yale SOM, and have been invited to another interview. I have already met with members of the AdCom twice, first in my Skype interview, then I was able to meet with Michelle and some others on campus. I know that I'm fortunate to have another opportunity to discuss my application, but as I haven't had any actionable feedback, I'm a bit worried as the AdCom must have some specific doubts about me!

I swear something like this happened last year ... check last year's thread to see. Sorry I don't remember which member it was. It's certainly a good sign though that they're showing interest in you; you just have to convert it to an admit!

aerien

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 11:25
aerien wrote:
dumplings wrote:

I swear something like this happened last year ... check last year's thread to see. Sorry I don't remember which member it was. It's certainly a good sign though that they're showing interest in you; you just have to convert it to an admit!

Turns out it was just a bug in their email system, whilst sending out interview invites to Round 3 applicants, they accidentally sent out invites to Silver Scholar applicants from previous rounds, so nothing to worry about at all!
Expert Post
VP
VP

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 16:20
Expert's post
dumplings wrote:
aerien wrote:
dumplings wrote:

Turns out it was just a bug in their email system, whilst sending out interview invites to Round 3 applicants, they accidentally sent out invites to Silver Scholar applicants from previous rounds, so nothing to worry about at all!

Oh dear! Well, glad it got resolved quickly!

aerien

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
WE: General Management (Telecommunications)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 May 2014, 17:41
dumplings wrote:
aerien wrote:
dumplings wrote:

I am not sure that we received the same survey. If so, I don't think that it was a bug, because the email enclosing the survey clearly said they would begin to review Round 2 waitlisted candidates after the deposit day. However, I think it was no more than a generic email, which all Round 2 Wler should have received.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Nonprofit, Marketing
GRE 1: 322 Q161 V161
GPA: 3.29

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 May 2014, 05:55
when is the deposit day for round 2?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 May 2014, 07:49
agnc wrote:
when is the deposit day for round 2?

May 9th.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.57

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 May 2014, 13:09
farful wrote:

R2 WL updates have been released online. I was officially released from WL. Good luck to all the remaining WLers.
Re: Calling All Yale SOM 2014 Waitlisted Applicants   [#permalink] 22 May 2014, 13:09