Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 31 Oct 2014, 12:06

Right now:

Interview Calls from LBS  | Starting Soon: Wharton Calls. Join the Chat Room for live updates  |  All GMAT Club Tests are Free and Open Today


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 39
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 08:14
I just had my interview yesterday. I opted for on-campus because I hadn't had the chance to see the campus before. Beautiful facility! And great students! Met quite a few first years who gave up their Saturdays to help welcome the interviews. There were probably about 20+ students interviewing during the two hours I was there.

The interview went well. I interviewed with a recent alum who graduated this past summer. We had a similar background in that we are both career-switchers from engineering, except she went into MC and I'm leaning finance. Her brother also attends the school I went to so that was also a topic of conversation. The whole interview was conversational and I generally felt pretty good about. She covered all of the standard questions: Resume walk through (focusing on how my responsibilities have changed since I've been with the same company for a while). Why MBA? Career goals? Why Chicago?
The only question she had which I haven't seen in other Chicago Booth reports was one that was out of left-field (and she prefaced it with "this is out of left-field"): what was my most frustrating experience? She also asked about be strongest and weakest qualities.

She ended with "What one thing about you, not covered elsewhere, would you like to tell the committee?"

I think I gave an OK answer for that and for my weakest quality but those were the two questions I wish I prepared better for. I could have really used the last question to address my own perceived weakness in my profile. Then again, perhaps I don't want to highlight that.

Anyway, overall it was a good experience. My one regret is that I completely blanked out at the end and forgot to ask for her card; I don't know how to send her a thank you note. I may either send one to the general admissions office email (since it was an on-campus interview) asking that it be forwarded or I may do nothing.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 82
Location: Chicago
Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 09:16
Good job!! looks like you did well yaazol.

On another note, does anyone know when the Admitted Student Weekend II is? I am assuming it'll be the third or fourth weekend in April but just wanted to see whether someone has the exact dates.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2009
Posts: 32
Schools: Chicago Booth, Kellogg, Wharton
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 09:31
Anyone have any good information on % of Booth applicants they typically interview? I've heard 40-45% but not sure if anyone has heard anything different. I'm pretty sure that 22/29 GC R2 is not representative of the entire applicant pool.

I know they don't release their acceptance rates, but thought the interview percentage might be some good info for people to have to give an idea of where we're all at.

Thanks in advance.

(some similar discussion from R1 is around page 34 on this thread for those interested)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1582 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 10:37
TheGuy wrote:
Anyone have any good information on % of Booth applicants they typically interview? I've heard 40-45% but not sure if anyone has heard anything different. I'm pretty sure that 22/29 GC R2 is not representative of the entire applicant pool.

I know they don't release their acceptance rates, but thought the interview percentage might be some good info for people to have to give an idea of where we're all at.

Thanks in advance.

(some similar discussion from R1 is around page 34 on this thread for those interested)


Approx 50%.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 218
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 14:57
Does anyone know if Booth accepts electronic transcripts? I ordered mine from my undergrad over a week ago, and still haven't seen an update on my status. I want to be absolutely sure they get there...
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Dec 2008
Posts: 27
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2009, 19:48
Manbehindthecurtain wrote:
Does anyone know if Booth accepts electronic transcripts? I ordered mine from my undergrad over a week ago, and still haven't seen an update on my status. I want to be absolutely sure they get there...


I am not sure if they take electronic transcripts - but when I was there a couple of weeks ago, I asked if that status of 'No' means I should send them another copy and they said they will work on those after all the interviews are complete, if you have done your part and ordered them, I would sit back unless they tell you they need another copy. At least thats what I am doing.
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 3573
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 369

Kudos [?]: 1870 [0], given: 359

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 09:55
Expert's post
A few hours ago I had my interview. Honestly, I was very nervous for last week as it was my first interview....
I took the interview with alumni and it was a right choice because our conversation was clear, open and interesting. Eventually, we talked more than 1.5 hours about all my career and Chicago .... Hm, I do like the school very much now and hope to see terp26 and rhyme soon :)

Good luck all!
_________________

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1582 [1] , given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 14:21
1
This post received
KUDOS
Ladies and Jellyspoons,

I present you with the ultimate final quarter of grad school schedule:

Monday: Get up late, go to class from 1.30-4.30pm. Go home.
Tuesday: Go to class from 8.30-11.30, head downtown, maybe do a little shopping, grab lunch with some friends, have a beer near campus around 4pm and go to class from 6pm-9pm. Go out to Tuesday Night Drinking Club.
Wednesday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Thursday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV. Go out to Thursday Night Drinking Club.
Friday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Saturday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Sunday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.

Thats right baby, classes only TWO days next quarter :)

When you hear me go off on how awesome it is to go to a school that has this kind of flexibility, I'm not just making it up.
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 82
Location: Chicago
Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 14:45
Wow! Now thats called "chilling out". I guess after two years of hard labor you've earned this sort of a schedule Rhyme....
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 18:24
rhyme wrote:
Ladies and Jellyspoons,

I present you with the ultimate final quarter of grad school schedule:

Monday: Get up late, go to class from 1.30-4.30pm. Go home.
Tuesday: Go to class from 8.30-11.30, head downtown, maybe do a little shopping, grab lunch with some friends, have a beer near campus around 4pm and go to class from 6pm-9pm. Go out to Tuesday Night Drinking Club.
Wednesday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Thursday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV. Go out to Thursday Night Drinking Club.
Friday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Saturday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Sunday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.

Thats right baby, classes only TWO days next quarter :)

When you hear me go off on how awesome it is to go to a school that has this kind of flexibility, I'm not just making it up.


Are you taking the 38001 on Tuesday Morning? If so I will be in this class, if the courses that the system showed I was enroled before were correct.
_________________

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1582 [0], given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 20:15
kwam wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Ladies and Jellyspoons,

I present you with the ultimate final quarter of grad school schedule:

Monday: Get up late, go to class from 1.30-4.30pm. Go home.
Tuesday: Go to class from 8.30-11.30, head downtown, maybe do a little shopping, grab lunch with some friends, have a beer near campus around 4pm and go to class from 6pm-9pm. Go out to Tuesday Night Drinking Club.
Wednesday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Thursday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV. Go out to Thursday Night Drinking Club.
Friday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Saturday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Sunday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.

Thats right baby, classes only TWO days next quarter :)

When you hear me go off on how awesome it is to go to a school that has this kind of flexibility, I'm not just making it up.


Are you taking the 38001 on Tuesday Morning? If so I will be in this class, if the courses that the system showed I was enroled before were correct.


Yea, I got it again this 2nd run thats happening now. Lets hope this sticks.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1443
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 20:29
sounds great rhyme....I definitely plan to consolidate my classes as well
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 09 Jan 2007
Posts: 1045
Location: New York, NY
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 21:14
rhyme wrote:
kwam wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Ladies and Jellyspoons,

I present you with the ultimate final quarter of grad school schedule:

Monday: Get up late, go to class from 1.30-4.30pm. Go home.
Tuesday: Go to class from 8.30-11.30, head downtown, maybe do a little shopping, grab lunch with some friends, have a beer near campus around 4pm and go to class from 6pm-9pm. Go out to Tuesday Night Drinking Club.
Wednesday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Thursday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV. Go out to Thursday Night Drinking Club.
Friday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Saturday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.
Sunday: Do nothing and/or play GTAIV.

Thats right baby, classes only TWO days next quarter :)

When you hear me go off on how awesome it is to go to a school that has this kind of flexibility, I'm not just making it up.


Are you taking the 38001 on Tuesday Morning? If so I will be in this class, if the courses that the system showed I was enroled before were correct.


Yea, I got it again this 2nd run thats happening now. Lets hope this sticks.


I got it too, I'm going to take 4 classes this quarter again (got 5 this bid cycle). So my quarter will be the opposite of yours. On the other hand, by the end of this year I will have fulfilled all basic requirements and I will already have an Economics concentration, and I will have to take only 9 classes next year.
_________________

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 19
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2009, 22:16
As per the latest chat...

Quote:
all Round 2 final admissions decisions are released on the same date and at the same time-Wednesday, March 25th at 9am Chicago Time. You'll be prompted to check your status at that time via email from Chicago Booth Admissions.


http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/chat ... sions.aspx
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 14 Mar 2008
Posts: 127
Schools: Chicago R2
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 01:40
walker wrote:
A few hours ago I had my interview. Honestly, I was very nervous for last week as it was my first interview....
I took the interview with alumni and it was a right choice because our conversation was clear, open and interesting. Eventually, we talked more than 1.5 hours about all my career and Chicago .... Hm, I do like the school very much now and hope to see terp26 and rhyme soon :)

Good luck all!

Best luck, man! :wink:
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 82
Location: Chicago
Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 07:05
pursuittowardsmba wrote:
As per the latest chat...

Quote:
all Round 2 final admissions decisions are released on the same date and at the same time-Wednesday, March 25th at 9am Chicago Time. You'll be prompted to check your status at that time via email from Chicago Booth Admissions.


http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/chat ... sions.aspx


Thanks for the info pursuittowardsmba!

I believe they try to call most of the admitted students a day or two before the decision deadline, so going by that I am assuming that quite a few of the domestic applicants may hear from the ad com on March 24th.
VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 22 Oct 2006
Posts: 1443
Schools: Chicago Booth '11
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 150 [0], given: 12

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 08:02
all you nervous R2 applicants! It's nice to be on the other side....you guys will get there in a few weeks!!!
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 25 Feb 2009
Posts: 82
Location: Chicago
Schools: Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 08:37
terp26 wrote:
all you nervous R2 applicants! It's nice to be on the other side....you guys will get there in a few weeks!!!


Thanks terp26. Have fun at the Admitted Students Weekend!!

We are expecting a very insightful debrief from you on all the major happenings during the weekend.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 24 Nov 2008
Posts: 228
Schools: Columbia Business School Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 10:41
phew, it's getting close.
i can't focus on work at all (no surprise there), good luck to everyone.
let's hope we will be attending admit weekend II :)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 218
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009 [#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2009, 15:29
terp26 wrote:
all you nervous R2 applicants! It's nice to be on the other side....you guys will get there in a few weeks!!!


Do you think that the level and type of interaction we have had with the adcom since interview has any bearing or indication of our admissions odds? I've talked to my interviewer in the adcom a few times since my interview, and she always seems really friendly, willing to help, and happy to hear from me. It's hard to tell if she's just being nice and professional, or indicating anything about my admission chances.

I feel like a 12 year old- "Gee, do you think Susie likes me? She waved to me in the cafeteria today..."
Re: Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009   [#permalink] 03 Mar 2009, 15:29
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
428 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 Narenn 1418 21 Apr 2013, 03:20
534 Experts publish their posts in the topic Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants ak2012 1669 21 Mar 2012, 06:50
520 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants GoBruin 2695 18 May 2009, 07:43
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Chicago (Booth) Applicants for 2009

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  82   83   84   85   86   87   88  ...  95    Next  [ 1889 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.