Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 14 Sep 2014, 18:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 17:49
Booked my trip to Chicago last night, Sept 22-29th. We plan on doing Kellogg and Chicago on the trip, I am going to sign up for the Chicago event on the 28th. The wife and I are staying at the Burnham Hotel, we got a ecent rate for a very nice hotel on hotwire (they dont show the hotel name but you can search by neighborhood and rating and its cheaper than the other sites. We got airline tickets on Southwest from Manchest NH (an hour or so from Boston) to Midway for 275 round trip...for both tickets. So it worked out to be less than 150 each.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 18:12
Chicago has an event on 9/28? I wanted to visit Chicago and Kellogg before R1, but with their schools starting late Sept, I didn't think I would get much out of it due to students barely being back... Might go visit later on... though do I want to do that in the middle of winter... hrm... :?
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 18:14
im planning to go the 28th too...hopefully it wont fill up
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 18:18
kryzak wrote:
Chicago has an event on 9/28? I wanted to visit Chicago and Kellogg before R1, but with their schools starting late Sept, I didn't think I would get much out of it due to students barely being back... Might go visit later on... though do I want to do that in the middle of winter... hrm... :?


I went to a GSB event with current students last weekend and they said first year students start in the beginning of Sept but they go back towards the end of the month. Kellogg I dont think does official tours until Oct but I am going to contact admissions about it since I want to visit before R1 applications. I decided to go in Sept since then I would have a few weeks to work on my applications and work in details. If I can't sit in on classes or anything at least I can try and talk to some students there.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2007, 18:59
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 06:11
kryzak wrote:
Hrm.. good idea. Man, I need to figure out how to fit this visit in my schedule... UCLA the first weekend of October, then I have to do the final sprint and turn in my UCLA and Stanford apps... Chicago any earlier makes no sense... so 9/28 seems to be the only weekend available...


FYI guys.. classes start sept 20th.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Mar 2005
Posts: 4
Location: Chicago
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 12:35
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
avatar
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 5925
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 255

Kudos [?]: 1540 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 12:40
derek510 wrote:
Anyone apply for PT GSB Winter 2008? I just sent my app in yesterday. I read on BW that someone with 770 GMAT got accepted after 8 days!!! I am not in that range but feel the rest of my application is strong. If anyone has also applied please share! Thanks


You'll hear back soon. Everyone I know that applied (and just so you know, your GMAT score has absolutely nothing to do with how fast they get back to you. They get back to you when they've read your app and made a decision, whether your GMAT is 500 or 800) heard back within two weeks. There's a pretty good chance that by September 1st, you'll know.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2007, 20:52
i just registered for the Sept. 28 GSB Live event

http://www.chicagogsb.edu/fulltime/admissions/visiting.aspx

i hope to see a bunch of clubbers there so sign up fast! also let me know if you got a confirmation email when you registered, because i didnt, just a confirmation screen.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Status: Um... what do you want to know?
Joined: 03 Jun 2007
Posts: 5464
Location: SF, CA, USA
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2007, 12:11
Signed up for the San Francisco Chicago GSB Reception on 9/27 evening. Anyone going to that?
Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 22 Apr 2007
Posts: 1097
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2007, 12:14
So, Chicago and Harvard are both having the SF info session on the 27th evening? Interesting !
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 06 Aug 2007
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 13:49
So as i'm writing up my goals essay, I realized the emphasis that Chicago places on personal goals. The first essay states "Describe your personal and professional goals" and the resume sections states "the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional and personal development."

This seems slightly different from other apps that looks mostly on the professional angle for the goals essay. Perhaps this is a trap for those who rehashed other essays without any emphasis on the personal aspect? regardless, this puts a new twist to what I thought would be a straight forward essay. writing about personal goals can be very broad and can risk going off on tangents.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 981
Location: Hong Kong
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 8

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 21:19
router79 wrote:
So as i'm writing up my goals essay, I realized the emphasis that Chicago places on personal goals. The first essay states "Describe your personal and professional goals" and the resume sections states "the expanded resume is designed to give us a more comprehensive view of your professional and personal life at various stages of your career. Our hope in requiring this
additional information is to get a snapshot of who you are at various stages of your professional and personal development."

This seems slightly different from other apps that looks mostly on the professional angle for the goals essay. Perhaps this is a trap for those who rehashed other essays without any emphasis on the personal aspect? regardless, this puts a new twist to what I thought would be a straight forward essay. writing about personal goals can be very broad and can risk going off on tangents.


ditto

I put in personal goals but it goes against the whole grain of the essay. How exactly can you explain that your MBA will help your personal goals?

What if my personal goal is to open some student club at Chicago GSB? Does it even count? How does an MBA help?

Or is this question trying to ask for community involvement and one's humane side

I am confused on this one.
CEO
CEO
User avatar
Joined: 17 May 2007
Posts: 2995
Followers: 55

Kudos [?]: 434 [0], given: 210

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2007, 22:15
Count me in for GSB round 2.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2007
Posts: 3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2007, 09:23
I'm in for GSB Round 1. I'm all signed up for the Chicago Live event on Sept 28th.
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 505
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2007, 09:40
I signed up for the GSB event in Bangalore on 5 Sept. The only problem is Wharton is having an event on the same night and I think I need to attend Wharton's event. My boss is a pretty active alumnus and I think it would be a better opportunity to meet the admin. director from Wharton with my boss rather than attend the GSB event. I still want to attend the GSB event, do you think they would be willing to meet outside the specified time frame? If not I can always fly up to Mumbai or Delhi for their events earlier in the week.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Posts: 65
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

I'm in on the GSB live event on Sept. 28 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2007, 00:09
Booked my tix to chicago last night. I planned to hit Kellogg on Sept 27, but looks like I should call the Admissions Office to see if they can run a tour for me early. Anyone else going to hit Kellogg while in Chicago that week?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
User avatar
Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 4320
Location: Back in Chicago, IL
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 693 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: I'm in on the GSB live event on Sept. 28 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2007, 02:45
burger2001 wrote:
Booked my tix to chicago last night. I planned to hit Kellogg on Sept 27, but looks like I should call the Admissions Office to see if they can run a tour for me early. Anyone else going to hit Kellogg while in Chicago that week?


I am going to try to set something up. Maybe when we call we should say I have talked to other prospective students who I know will also be in town that week and would like to set something up. They may be more willing to arrange something if there are half a dozen of us who want to visit. I booked my trip before they put their tour dates up because both my job and my wifes requires a lot of advance notice to take time off (3 months plus). Now we can't really afford money or vacation time wise to make another trip to Chicago.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 27 Jun 2007
Posts: 241
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2007, 03:19
shmegs wrote:
I signed up for the GSB event in Bangalore on 5 Sept. The only problem is Wharton is having an event on the same night and I think I need to attend Wharton's event. My boss is a pretty active alumnus and I think it would be a better opportunity to meet the admin. director from Wharton with my boss rather than attend the GSB event. I still want to attend the GSB event, do you think they would be willing to meet outside the specified time frame? If not I can always fly up to Mumbai or Delhi for their events earlier in the week.


Wow this is spooky........

Wharton an GSB both have their Delhi events on 3rd Sept. An the time is also same. Ah!! UE7 have started to lock their horns over Indian/IT/Males

hahahahahaha
Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 505
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 23 Aug 2007, 10:09
Haha possibly, it makes it harder for people interested in both schools. At this point I'll probably have to make a trip to either Mumbai or Delhi to attend the Chicago event.
  [#permalink] 23 Aug 2007, 10:09
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
68 Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants ncp 2680 16 Jul 2007, 22:03
Kellogg or Chicago GSB applicants? ArvGMAT 4 30 Jun 2008, 17:48
Calling all Chicago GSB PT 2008 applicants english_august 32 18 Dec 2007, 21:26
11 Calling Columbia applicants for 2008 mNeo 835 23 Jul 2007, 10:48
Chicago GSB applicants homefry 2 26 Dec 2006, 21:09
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Chicago GSB 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  135    Next  [ 2681 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.