Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:19 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE:Engineering (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT Date: 07-05-2015
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students [#permalink]
No. I did not.

I had one round of interview with the adcom.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Desautels Class of 2018 (Starting 2016) - Admitted Students [#permalink]
shathishmuthu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I got offer letter from McGill with the deadline to accept the offer by Dec 15, 2015. If anybody else also received an offer, kindly PM me to get in touch.

As the threadmaster of McGill, Heartiest Congratulations from all here, on your being offered admission. You are the first from those here! :)
So now, please do your bit and let out the tips for those in further rounds, on the 'secret ingredients to success at Desautels':)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V35
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
shathishmuthu wrote:
Hello everyone,

I got offer letter from McGill with the deadline to accept the offer by Dec 15, 2015. If anybody else also received an offer, kindly PM me to get in touch.

Many congratulations! Can you share the timeline from submitting the application to receiving the offer with us?

Additionally, your interview experience and questions will be helpful for us hopefuls :)

I submitted my app on 22nd Nov and haven't heard since. Fingers crossed :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you Shyam.

Kunal,

Following is the timeline

31-Oct - Submitted application
16-Nov - Interviewed by Adcom member
27-Nov - Got acceptance intimation

One tip for the interview would be keep the answers ready for most commonly asked questions in an MBA interview. After the interview, the adcom member appreciated me for giving specific answers. Hence, I would suggest you keep crisp answers beforehand.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
KunalV21 wrote:
shathishmuthu wrote:
Hello everyone,

Many congratulations! Can you share the timeline from submitting the application to receiving the offer with us?

Additionally, your interview experience and questions will be helpful for us hopefuls :)

You could hope to hear back from them in 2-3 weeks, if they decide to interview you. Until then, like you said, it's 'fingers crossed' :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shathishmuthu wrote:
Thank you Shyam.

Kunal,

Following is the timeline

31-Oct - Submitted application
16-Nov - Interviewed by Adcom member
27-Nov - Got acceptance intimation

One tip for the interview would be keep the answers ready for most commonly asked questions in an MBA interview. After the interview, the adcom member appreciated me for giving specific answers. Hence, I would suggest you keep crisp answers beforehand.

Great, thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shyamnambiar wrote:
KunalV21 wrote:
shathishmuthu wrote:
Hello everyone,

You could hope to hear back from them in 2-3 weeks, if they decide to interview you. Until then, like you said, it's 'fingers crossed' :)

There's still time left. Hope is a good thing :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V32
Send PM
Hello All,

I have got an admit from McGill. I wanted to know that is there any deposit that we need to pay to accept the offer of Admit or is it just that yes button on portal ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ManU02 wrote:
Hello All,

I have got an admit from McGill. I wanted to know that is there any deposit that we need to pay to accept the offer of Admit or is it just that yes button on portal ?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Yes. You have to pay a deposit of $5000 CAD to confirm the offer. It will be added towards your first-year fees.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '17
GPA: 4
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Hello Friends,

I had my interview with Marie yesterday. I am expecting to receive the final decision from her in next week. I have an offer from Concordia (need to confirm by 7 Jan) and am awaiting an update from Sauder and Alberta. I have 3 years of supply chain finance experience with Unilever and Asian Paints in India. I did B.Com from University of Mumbai and am a CA and CFA. My career interest is Investment Management. Anybody with career interest in Finance on this group? Please let me know.

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
shathishmuthu wrote:
ManU02 wrote:
Hello All,

Please let me know.

Thanks.

Yes. You have to pay a deposit of $5000 CAD to confirm the offer. It will be added towards your first-year fees.

Hello all,

I have paid my deposit. Anybody else have accepted the offer at McGill ? Planning to form a fb or https://gmatclub.com/chat group..

Thx..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello,

I will be paying the deposit in next week. I am evaluating funding options to provide for 2nd year tuition fees. Any suggestions?

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am also in the funding research phase exploring the following three options,
1. Get student loan from any Indian Bank
2. Prodigy finance
3. Get a student loan in Canada with the help of canadian cosigner (not sure - still checking the possibility)

If any of you know about any other options, please share..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 399 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Shathish,

It makes sense to borrow in INR than in CAN $. INR has depreciated by 25% against CAN $ over the last decade and the trend is expected to continue. Repaying loan in INR would save money. You may like to check with Paras Education Foundation (www.isloan.org). It offers education loan at 4-5% interest rate. I have asked them for an appointment. Its head office is in Mumbai and I will be visiting them since I am also from Mumbai. If you come across any good alternate, please do share on the group.

Regards,
Chinmay
Manager
Manager
Send PM
One question... is credit card the only option to pay deposit money of $5000? What alternate modes are available?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Friends,

Could please confirm available mode of payments to pay deposit money of $5000? My credit card doesn't have enough limit to make a single payment of $5000. Is it possible to break the deposit amount and make 3 separate payments?

Regards,
Chinmay
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Chinmay,

#1 - Thx for sharing the info about Paras educational fund. I guess it is required to have a US Green card holder co-signer for the loan. Correct me if I'm wrong. Also, can you check if they can provide loans for Indian students with a Canadian co-signer during your appointment. Not many review comments are available about them in the web. Do share us your experience after the appointment.

#2 - Reg the $5000 payment, you can check with the Adcom. I too had the same problem and they told me it is possible to wire transfer but highly recommended to use the card payment gateway. I took help from my Canadian friend and paid using the card. If you don't have any other options, explain them your situation and they will be able to guide you.

Thx..
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts