Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 02:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Ross (R1-Admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 18:03
This post received
KUDOS
FoxyCane wrote:
As per my info*,

Booth sends the interview invites to the applicants who are being considered for scholarships in the last. So if you think your application is strong and you haven't received the invite yet, that means you are being considered for scholarship.

But if your application has significant weeknesses, then may be you can start to worry after this week.

* - Info source cannot be revealed / No liabilities can be claimed later on this post in any wayz.

:-D Looks like we are getting delusional.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 58 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2010, 20:08
This post received
KUDOS
Guys,

If you dig previous years threads, you can find that around half of the total invites in R2 were sent in the last 2 weeks.

This is way too early to start worrying( I know it's difficult).

I think there is no merit to the scholarship thing

Cheers,

Unplugged
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 06:54
This post received
KUDOS
I'm just as neurotic - I set all my email preferences so that the only emails that filter into my inbox are from my boyfriend or the schools I applied to. Now I only get a heartattack a couple times a day, as opposed to 20 times a day. :-D Baby steps!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 11:36
This post received
KUDOS
Please add me to the roll call for round 2.

US Applicant
Submitted: 1/6
Completed: 1/21
No interview invite yet...fingers and toes crossed!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth - R2 / Kellogg - R2

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Feb 2010, 13:29
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All -

Finally registered on the forum. Please add me to the roll call for R2. Invited to interview 1/21.

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 07:11
This post received
KUDOS
Another day, another lack of interview invite ... *sigh* ... FML!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Top B-School

Kudos [?]: 28 [1] , given: 8

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
pudgethefish wrote:
Another day, another lack of interview invite ... *sigh* ... FML!

I was JUST about to update the thread with similar sentiments. Thank goodness the forum is relatively anonymous. I am much better at hiding my anxiety in real life. :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth c/o 2012

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 08:20
This post received
KUDOS
Please add me to the roll call. I was losing faith since my application went "complete" awhile ago, but I guess the evaluations are truly random. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Submitted 01/05
Complete 01/14
Interview Invite 02/03 (around 9am CST)

26 / M / 770 / 3.9 / 4.5 years IB/PE
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Stanford R1, Wharton R1 w/int, Chicago R1, HBS R2
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 32 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2010, 15:59
This post received
KUDOS
[quote="Aenigma"]Dear Booth,

Thank you for sending me your latest edition of the "Admissions Insider" e-newsletter. It in no way exacerbated my recent onset of cardiac arrhythmia to see an e-mail from the admissions office and, if anything, I actually found the colorful image of the Winter Garden very soothing -- which is not to say I have been in any way agitated of late. Not at all. Despite occasional bouts of compulsive "refreshing" behaviors and a mildly disruptive forum addiction, I assure you I am an entirely sane and stable individual who is supremely well-suited to your program. Not that I'm thinking about your school on a second-to-second basis. Haha! No! I assure you I have much more interesting pursuits... please see my PowerPoint collage for reference. (You did get my PowerPoint, right?) In fact, the density of relaxing words such as "Interview" and "Admissions" and "the" in your e-mail enabled me to practically forget that I had even applied to your esteemed program and drift instead on fluffy daydream clouds of hanging out in the booth table of a restaurant, enjoying rosemary-seasoned roast with a glass of sparkling Martinelli's cider... this is in no way subliminal or associated with the "Liquidity Preference Function" I may or may not be conducting alone at my desk due to application-related stress... I could go on and on but I'm afraid my two-minute break from refreshing GMAT Club is over and I am nothing if not committed to my important work here. Please see my resume for further detail. (You did get my resume, right?)

Thanks again. I really look forward to the next edition!

Yours, body and soul (whatever you want, really),
Aenigma[/quote]

Hahaha. Awesome. Based on this alone, I think you should get in... not that that means anything at all whatsoever. Hope you enter the next phase of waiting soon.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 07:11
This post received
KUDOS
Just got an invite for interview. App went complete on the 22nd
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [1] , given: 295

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
Got an interview invite! :) Is this interview blind if done on-campus? (do they have access to your application/essays or just your resume?)

Btw, I'd be willing to practice interviews via Skype/telephone for those in USA from 2/8 onwards (I'm out of town for work). PM if you're interested.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
thisisgettingtome wrote:
Just got an invite for interview. App went complete on the 22nd

Congrats!

I'm still sitting with an inbox full of broken dreams. Le sigh. :)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 08:21
This post received
KUDOS
pudgethefish wrote:
Don't worry, I only freak out at 3pm (I'm in London) every day. :) This pretty much sums up my day:

1:00pm - productivity goes down the drain as I imagine receiving an invite in my email
2:00pm - start the countdown to 3pm as my hope increases
2:55pm - resist the urge to refresh my email
3:00pm - refresh my email
3:00-3:30pm - keep refreshing just in case my mail server is slow
3:30pm - go on gmatclub, vent my frustration, and see if anyone else got an invite, secretly hoping that whoever got an interview invite today went complete with their application before I did (1/21), even though I don't necessarily think there's a correlation
4:00pm - sit dejected, thinking I'll never get an invite from Chicago, which in turn means I'll never get an invite from Harvard, which means I'm an epic failure at life
11:00pm - go to bed, crushed
6:00am the next day - wake up with a renewed sense of hope that I'll get an interview invite today

IT'S LIKE THE MOVIE GROUNDHOG DAY! Only much, much worse.

If this helps you... I am in Western Europe too and my app went complete on the same day (1/21) - still no invite. Not that this means anything ...

At this point, I am setting my mind on Plan B. Getting an invite from Booth between now and the 17th would only be a nice surprise.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford

Kudos [?]: 101 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 08:32
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:
Don't worry, I only freak out at 3pm (I'm in London) every day. :) This pretty much sums up my day:

1:00pm - productivity goes down the drain as I imagine receiving an invite in my email
2:00pm - start the countdown to 3pm as my hope increases
2:55pm - resist the urge to refresh my email
3:00pm - refresh my email
3:00-3:30pm - keep refreshing just in case my mail server is slow
3:30pm - go on gmatclub, vent my frustration, and see if anyone else got an invite, secretly hoping that whoever got an interview invite today went complete with their application before I did (1/21), even though I don't necessarily think there's a correlation
4:00pm - sit dejected, thinking I'll never get an invite from Chicago, which in turn means I'll never get an invite from Harvard, which means I'm an epic failure at life
11:00pm - go to bed, crushed
6:00am the next day - wake up with a renewed sense of hope that I'll get an interview invite today

IT'S LIKE THE MOVIE GROUNDHOG DAY! Only much, much worse.

Haha, this is SO accurate, except since I'm in New York, I go through this exact process between 8am and 10am, a time at which, no matter my caffeine intake, I am still a loathsome misanthropic knot of seething resentment about morningtime in particular and the whole world in general. So if you replace words like "resist the urge" with "struggle with demonic compulsions" and "refresh" with "stab the F8 key with unnecessary violence" you have my mornings perfectly pegged. :twisted:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 11:16
This post received
KUDOS
FoxyCane wrote:
Super noobie question -

How do you know when your app went complete?

My app is complete but don't know since when. :oops:

By calling the admissions office and asking for Rose Martinelli. Kidding! :lol:

You should have received an email notification of the status change.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2010, 17:28
This post received
KUDOS
I am generally a logical person but this application process has made me superstitious. I have a strong feeling that my mailbox is cursed. The curse must be something like "This mailbox will not receive any mails except e-newsletters and dings." I think time for me to start studying Astrology.... :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 07:11
This post received
KUDOS
Nothing again today! Time to retire for the weekend and start the whole freaking out process again on Monday. UGH. There's still 7 business days, so other people out there, don't give up yet!

:shock:
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton, Chicago, Columbia, NYU, Harvard, Stanford

Kudos [?]: 101 [1] , given: 13

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 08:39
This post received
KUDOS
Eerily quiet today, eh?

Maybe adcom saw the anxiety schedules we've all admitted to -- "9am: check my e-mail; 9:01am: check my e-mail; 9:02am: check my e-mail; 9:03am: check to make sure my internet is still actually connected; 9:03am: vow to go fifteen minutes without checking e-mail; 9:05am: check my e-mail" -- and are trying to mix it up a little, give us a break? After all, they couldn't possibly have better things to do than peruse these forums (fora). Heaven knows: I certainly don't seem to.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Tuck class of 2012
WE 1: 2 years market development (public)
WE 2: 5 years corporate finance (private)

Kudos [?]: 11 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 13:59
This post received
KUDOS
Received an invitation to interview today!
:-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
WE 1: Investment Banking (1 yr)
WE 2: Hedge Fund (2 yrs)

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2010, 23:11
This post received
KUDOS
Finally got myself to register. Thought I should chime in.
submitted 1/6
completed 1/12
interview notification 1/28

720/3.7 top liberal arts/4yr WE at mat/F/banking+hedge fund/international

good luck everyone
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2010, 23:11