Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth (admitted R1), NYU (interview Mar 4), UT (withdrawn), Rice (admitted R2) plus dings at HBS, Stanford, Wharton and CBS
WE 1: Oil and gas
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 05:17
This post received
KUDOS
really? that sounds different - I was admitted in R1 and they called everybody the day before the deadline with offers.

anyway, calm down folks - my interview invite and admission offer both came right at the last minute. as rhyme and others have said, there isn't much evidence that the best candidates get invites first, or anything.

easier said than done I know. good luck anyway guys!

If I said something intelligent, it was probably by accident. But click "kudos" anyway - it will make me happy.

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 07:48
This post received
KUDOS
Nothing today *sigh*

The only reason I am stressing out about this is because I feel that I am a really strong candidate for the school, so I am in disbelief that I haven't gotten an interview invite yet!

Maybe they read my essay and deduced that I was a megalomaniac. Dammit!

:-D
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 09:58
This post received
KUDOS
Received an interview invite today :)
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Chicago Booth - R2 / Kellogg - R2

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 10:07
This post received
KUDOS
Had my on-campus interview today. Very different from my Kellogg interview in that it was more formal and structured, probably b/c this was on-campus with the admissions office whereas my Kellogg interview was with an alumnus in a coffee shop.

That being said, I enjoyed the interview and conversation with the 2nd year student that conducted it - and it confirmed why Booth is my first choice.

No unexpected questions. Asked me to walk him through my resume, why MBA (and why Booth MBA), short-term and long-term goals, interests outside of work. They schedule the interviews in 30 minute increments and it went very, very fast.

Now, it is all out of my hands! Don't know how I can wait until March 23rd/24th to hear back from Booth!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Booth, Darden

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 14:36
This post received
KUDOS
I didn't receive an email invite...but on a whim I logged into the system today and was able to schedule an interview. I called admissions, and they told me that if I was able to access the system, then I had been invited.

My application went complete on the 22nd.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: Booth 2012

Kudos [?]: 71 [1] , given: 12

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 14:39
This post received
KUDOS
I also didn't receive any emails... but just checked online and am also able to schedule interviews... Could this just be a bug? Anyone else seeing this?

I went complete on the 26th.

Vamoots wrote:
I didn't receive an email invite...but on a whim I logged into the system today and was able to schedule an interview. I called admissions, and they told me that if I was able to access the system, then I had been invited.

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Booth, Darden

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 14:43
This post received
KUDOS
egy wrote:
I also didn't receive any emails... but just checked online and am also able to schedule interviews... Could this just be a bug? Anyone else seeing this?

Vamoots wrote:

Hopefully a bug on the email side of things, and not the ability to schedule. :|
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 14:49
This post received
KUDOS
Also just called and the woman checked my status and confirmed that I had been invited. Woohoo!!

egy wrote:

Vamoots wrote:

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia Wharton Booth
WE 1: 5.5 Engineering

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 14:55
This post received
KUDOS
Same thing here folks.....I did not receive an email but able to schedule interviews! I am not sure if I am invited....
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 15:53
This post received
KUDOS
this absolutely sucks. i didn't get lucky like you guys today.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 16:11
This post received
KUDOS
niraja wrote:
this absolutely sucks. i didn't get lucky like you guys today.

Ditto! Don't worry niraja, they're saving the best for last :)

I did get an invite to interview for NYU today, which makes me feel a TON better about not having one from Chicago yet!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Feb 2010, 17:31
This post received
KUDOS
Definitely not a bug... I called and they confirmed I had been invited to interview but that there was a problem with the email system.

Status still says complete.

Good luck!

Ari123 wrote:
egy wrote:

Vamoots wrote:

I do not think its a bug because I am not not able to shedule the interview :cry: Has your status changed to "invited to interview".
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 104 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 05:55
This post received
KUDOS
Almost had an heart attack seeing a mail from Booth..Alas, 'a live chat' email!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 06:53
This post received
KUDOS
alpha_plus_gamma wrote:

Seriously - this needs to end. Even with your warning, I still had a minor conniption seeing the email.

No interview email today :(
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 6

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 07:15
This post received
KUDOS
pudgethefish wrote:
alpha_plus_gamma wrote:

Seriously - this needs to end. Even with your warning, I still had a minor conniption seeing the email.

No interview email today :(

what's worse is when one receives marketing mailers after being dinged. stern, im looking at you.

Last edited by niraja on 09 Feb 2010, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Schools: Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 07:31
This post received
KUDOS
I got a friendly email from Chicago Booth this morning inviting me for a interview.

For those of you who haven't received invites yet. Just hold on. I know its easier said than done but there are still good chances you will get an invite.

Submitted: 1/6
Went Complete: 1/21
Invited to Interview: 2/9
1 KUDOS received
Current Student

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 09:32
This post received
KUDOS
I got my interview invitation email this morning. Guess it was delayed a day.

Good luck to those still waiting!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia Wharton Booth
WE 1: 5.5 Engineering

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Feb 2010, 09:51
This post received
KUDOS
I got mine too this morning..This is my first invite...All the best the folks waiting!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2010, 03:04
This post received
KUDOS
itsmystery wrote:
I think its time to say goodbye to booth too

I have heard (ok read) the argument about the zero correlation between when your app was completed to interview invite time a few times, and I want to believe it. BUT all the evidence on this forum points to the contrary. I don't see people getting invited whose apps were completed earlier on 6/ 7 or 10/11 (like mine) getting invited anymore

... sigh..

Keep hope alive. Mine went complete on 01/07 and I got the invite two days ago. I am international.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2010, 05:50
This post received
KUDOS
Applied R2, got an invite last week.
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2010, 05:50