Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 16:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Schools: Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 29 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:15
This post received
KUDOS
WAITLIST

GOD HELP ME.....
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: HBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Booth, Darden
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:16
This post received
KUDOS
Waitlisted here as well; looks like I'm Kellogg-bound.

Will withdraw my app shortly and create some room for everyone else...good luck!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Kellogg, Booth, Columbia
WE 1: Consumer research

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:18
May 12th??? Geee! This is so unfair! I already promised my employer to announce my plans in the nearest future! May 12th is far from near!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:18
This post received
KUDOS
Waitlist
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Darden, Duke($), Emory($$$), Booth(int), Ross(int), MIT

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 5

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:19
This post received
KUDOS
Waitlisted
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Harvard, Chicago (Booth), Kellogg, Michigan (Ross)

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:20
This post received
KUDOS
R2 Waitlist. Likely headed to Ross.

HBS, Ross, Booth, Kellogg

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Booth, Stern, Kellogg

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:20
This post received
KUDOS
ADMIT!!!!!!!! HOLY F***! I'm allowed to say that, right?

SEE YOU GUYS ON ADMIT WEEKEND!!!!!!!

This is the happiest I've ever been in my life, PERIOD DOT. I didn't get a phone call yesterday, either!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Schools: Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:23
pudgethefish wrote:

This is the happiest I've ever been in my life, PERIOD DOT. I didn't get a phone call yesterday, either!

Congrats Pudgy!
Current Student
Affiliations: ?
Schools: Kellogg; Ross ($$); Tuck
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:23
denied !!

I would have even accepted a waitlist. but no it's a deny!!
sad day....
Manager
Manager
Schools: Top B-School

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 8

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:25
pudgethefish wrote:

Huge congratulations! I am so excited for you! All that worrying must seem so silly now... See you admit weekend!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:27
pudgethefish wrote:

I can't believe it!!! I though you were being over-optimistic with your 1% chance of getting admitted!! ))) Congrats! )))
Intern
Intern
Schools: R2: Duke (Admit), Kellogg (Ding), Booth (WL, Admit), UCLA (Admit)
WE 1: Business Analyst
WE 2: Financial Analyst
WE 3: Senior Financial Analyst

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:28
pudgethefish wrote:

Congrats, that is amazing news !!
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:30
tdave wrote:
pudgethefish wrote:

Huge congratulations! I am so excited for you! All that worrying must seem so silly now... See you admit weekend!

it always seemed silly to me, but worry i continue! till may 12th they say...
6 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 256

Kudos [?]: 1577 [6] , given: 7

Premium Member
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:31
This post received
KUDOS
Rhyme's I'm Lazy 540 second guide to Waitlists.

Those of you that remember last year may know that Booth had a higher than expected yield, resulting in an intake well over their usual target. This created some real problems,from logistical (how to fit the extra students into lead), to even structural (e.g. not enough lockers). As such, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if this year they are playing the numbers a little closer to the chest. One class thats "too big" is one thing -- two classes that are too big would yield some serious challenges.

Thus, don't be overly discouraged by a waitlist -- even if it does kind of sting.

My advice? The people who tend to get off the waitlist are the people who bother to keep in touch. This means sending more than a single update letter now and then just sitting back and waiting until the end of time.

If you intend to stay on the waitlist, send a statement to that effect to the school. Put a little thought into it - re-iterate your interest - and close with your continued enthusiasm. If you intend to go somewhere else, do the right thing and take yourself off the list. Too many people stay on just "too see" in some kind of half-hearted effort to collect admits like they are some kind of badge of honor (as you'll soon see, no one gives a crap where you got admitted).
My hats off to the one guy who already said he'd pull himself. Good on you.

Now assuming that you ARE staying on the list, my advice would be to continue to send updates every 2 to 3 months. Feel free to send in whatever you think might be of value to the admissions committee, but try to add something new to your application if you can. Absolutely send updates involving promotions, material change in responsibilities, etc. If you have no idea what to say, consider reaching out to alumni or current students and discuss how your conversation with those people either reinforced something you already knew or perhaps introduced you to a new aspect about Booth that interests you. Visiting again (assuming youv'e visited) won't do you much good. Visit if you want to, or if it costs you next to nothing, but don't go out of your way to do so. There isn't a secret checkbox that says "Visited more than once" on the application.

Thats my five hundred and fourty second allotment timer dinging at me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:32
quantjock wrote:
waitlisted here. "we like you just enough to keep you guessing".

qj, keep fighting. You'll get through
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 58 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:33
robertrdzak wrote:
WAITLIST

GOD HELP ME.....

robertrdzak, it's far better than ding. Talks a lot about your credentials
pudgethefish wrote:

Vow. congrats!
Current Student
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2012

Kudos [?]: 38 [0], given: 19

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:34
pudgethefish wrote:

That is awesome! I was really rooting for some of you gmatclub regulars to get a surprise this morning. Only wish it could have been a few more people.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Booth R2, Fuqua R2, Kellogg R2, HBS R2

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:35
rhyme wrote:
Rhyme's I'm Lazy 540 second guide to Waitlists.

Those of you that remember last year may know that Booth had a higher than expected yield, resulting in an intake well over their usual target. This created some real problems,from logistical (how to fit the extra students into lead), to even structural (e.g. not enough lockers). As such, it wouldn't come as a surprise to me if this year they are playing the numbers a little closer to the chest. One class thats "too big" is one thing -- two classes that are too big would yield some serious challenges.

Thus, don't be overly discouraged by a waitlist -- even if it does kind of sting.

My advice? The people who tend to get off the waitlist are the people who bother to keep in touch. This means sending more than a single update letter now and then just sitting back and waiting until the end of time.

If you intend to stay on the waitlist, send a statement to that effect to the school. Put a little thought into it - re-iterate your interest - and close with your continued enthusiasm. If you intend to go somewhere else, do the right thing and take yourself off the list. Too many people stay on just "too see" in some kind of half-hearted effort to collect admits like they are some kind of badge of honor (as you'll soon see, no one gives a crap where you got admitted).
My hats off to the one guy who already said he'd pull himself. Good on you.

Now assuming that you ARE staying on the list, my advice would be to continue to send updates every 2 to 3 months. Feel free to send in whatever you think might be of value to the admissions committee, but try to add something new to your application if you can. Absolutely send updates involving promotions, material change in responsibilities, etc. If you have no idea what to say, consider reaching out to alumni or current students and discuss how your conversation with those people either reinforced something you already knew or perhaps introduced you to a new aspect about Booth that interests you. Visiting again (assuming youv'e visited) won't do you much good. Visit if you want to, or if it costs you next to nothing, but don't go out of your way to do so. There isn't a secret checkbox that says "Visited more than once" on the application.

Thats my five hundred and fourty second allotment timer dinging at me.

thanks so much for the advice, Rhyme!
Current Student
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 295

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:38
Dinged. sigh.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 4

Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Mar 2010, 06:40
Thank you for the advice, Rhyme!

I am continued on the waitlist, rd1 -->rd2
Re: Calling Fall 2010 Chicago Booth Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Mar 2010, 06:40