Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Aug 2014, 16:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2008, 09:22
homes227 wrote:
This is working in contrary to our estimate. However, it may be because the ones who got accepted just didn't post. You're right. We are all guessing and until the truth comes out, we don't know...

Good luck to you too!!


It could also be that many applicants don't post on BW forums (or any MBA related message boards), so there is not a good sample of applicants.

Whatever it is, we won't have to guess too much longer!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Apr 2008, 18:23
anyone here going down to GT's welcome weekend?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2008, 14:33
when is it?
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2008, 15:09
rajpdsouza wrote:
when is it?

This friday and saturday
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Apr 2008, 15:31
My interview is on Wednesday. Do you think they'll have my decision to me before then? I actually have a wedding in the northern VA area this weekend. So while I'll be close to Gtown, I'm not sure I could make it.


I need to get accepted before I think about welcome weekend. :lol:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 8
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2008, 06:48
Octane wrote:
anyone here going down to GT's welcome weekend?


I'll be there, but only on Friday. I have a wedding to attend on Saturday.
Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 962
Location: Chicago, IL
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2008, 07:45
just like to say i went to a msb diversity event this weekend which was a lot of fun and everybody there was really cool
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2008, 08:08
rajpdsouza wrote:
My interview is on Wednesday. Do you think they'll have my decision to me before then?

good luck! I dont know about the timing. I interviewed on Wednesday and then found out I was admitted the Monday after.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2008, 08:08
SoccrRef wrote:
I'll be there, but only on Friday. I have a wedding to attend on Saturday.

Same here -- I look forward to meeting you!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Apr 2008, 15:13
hey all,

just got home from my trip to DC. i got there a few hours early so I took a walk around campus and checked out new business building being built. the campus is really nice, and I like how even though it's in a big city, it's not spread out. it really feels like a university campus.

the interview was very informal. the woman was a 1st year student and apparently tomorrow is the 1st years' last day of class, so she was a bit relieved. the questions she asked me (or asked me indirectly) why mba, why now, why georgetown, long term and short term goals, one weakness, one strength, a time you were leading a group, a time you were not leading the group....I think that's pretty much it. I asked her a 4 or 5 questions at the end and she was very happy to answer them. The whole interview lasted about 30-40 minutes or so and was much less stressful than I thought it would be. I met up with my friends afterwards for a quick bite to eat, then hopped on the amtrak and went on my merry way.

I didn't ask her when I would hear back, but I'm guessing it'll be pretty soon.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 03:27
good luck man!!!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 04:44
I was just wondering, did you guys send thank you notes to your interviewers? I completely forgot about it until now and realized I don't have an e-mail address for my interviewer.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 05 Oct 2006
Posts: 43
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 06:32
I did send a thank you email, although you can't go wrong with a more formal mailed card.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 07:42
obeny81 wrote:
I did send a thank you email, although you can't go wrong with a more formal mailed card.


I didn't get my interviewer's e-mail address. Any opinions on what I should do? I was thinking I could call or e-mail the admissions office for her address and just tell them I want to send her a thank you note.

Homes227, I know you interviewed on the 7th. Have you heard back yet?

my webpage status changed to:
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 2/1/2008 10:43:00 AM E.S.T.
Your interview requirement is complete.

Guess my interviewer submitted her feedback.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 88
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Apr 2008, 13:18
rajpdsouza wrote:
obeny81 wrote:
I did send a thank you email, although you can't go wrong with a more formal mailed card.


I didn't get my interviewer's e-mail address. Any opinions on what I should do? I was thinking I could call or e-mail the admissions office for her address and just tell them I want to send her a thank you note.

Homes227, I know you interviewed on the 7th. Have you heard back yet?

my webpage status changed to:
Submission Status: Submitted
Submitted Date: 2/1/2008 10:43:00 AM E.S.T.
Your interview requirement is complete.

Guess my interviewer submitted her feedback.

I too see the same message on my application screen. I'm being considered for Round 2, but because there was a delay in my transcripts reaching the school I was interviewed on April 4th. So far, no calls or emails.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2008, 07:21
loom wrote:
I too see the same message on my application screen. I'm being considered for Round 2, but because there was a delay in my transcripts reaching the school I was interviewed on April 4th. So far, no calls or emails.


Weird. Octane was interviewed on April 2nd and heard back on April 7th. In the interview invite e-mail it says if your interview is after the notification date (march 28th), you'll hear back in approximately a week. You should be hearing soon I'm sure.


I e-mailed adcomm and they gave me my interviewer's e-mail address so I could thank her. I think the interview feedback was already submitted since my application status changed on the website, but oh well! Now the waiting game...
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 88
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Apr 2008, 16:06
rajpdsouza wrote:
Weird. Octane was interviewed on April 2nd and heard back on April 7th. In the interview invite e-mail it says if your interview is after the notification date (march 28th), you'll hear back in approximately a week. You should be hearing soon I'm sure.


I e-mailed adcomm and they gave me my interviewer's e-mail address so I could thank her. I think the interview feedback was already submitted since my application status changed on the website, but oh well! Now the waiting game...

Yea I read the interview invite e-mail too, which is what has me worried. I just tell myself that they need the extra time to assemble a superb financial aid package for me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 26 Jul 2007
Posts: 371
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 05:26
loom wrote:
Yea I read the interview invite e-mail too, which is what has me worried. I just tell myself that they need the extra time to assemble a superb financial aid package for me.


You could always e-mail the admissions office to see what's up.
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 32
Location: New York, NY
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 14:13
I went to the Welcome Weekend this past Friday and was really impressed by the administration and the program they prepared. I'm really excited about being a Hoya!! Anyone else from the Club attend?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 25 Jul 2007
Posts: 88
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2008, 14:17
rajpdsouza wrote:
loom wrote:
Yea I read the interview invite e-mail too, which is what has me worried. I just tell myself that they need the extra time to assemble a superb financial aid package for me.


You could always e-mail the admissions office to see what's up.

Thanks, I just did. Let's see what they say.
Re: Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2008, 14:17
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
4 Calling all Emory applicants Fall 2008 emoryhopeful 203 10 Sep 2007, 09:35
6 Calling UCLA Fall 2008 Applicants kryzak 703 14 Jul 2007, 11:45
4 Calling Stanford Fall 2008 Applicants kryzak 784 14 Jul 2007, 11:43
10 Calling Berkeley-Haas Fall 2008 Applicants! kryzak 764 14 Jul 2007, 11:38
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling Georgetown MSB Fall 2008 applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9    Next  [ 162 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.