Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:10 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
For those of you that received an interview invite, did your status change on the application portal?

After reading some of last year's thread it looks like statuses changed when the adcom picked up the application for evaluation.

My status has been in 'ready for review' for a couple months now and I'm not sure if I should keep checking for it to change to "final review."

From last year's thread...
"
Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
"
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gccanuck87 wrote:
I interviewed in Nov and my status hasn't changed from "Interview and Review", which is what it was as soon as I got the invite.

Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful! From reading last year's thread it sounds like your status changes when they're reviewing your application, then it changes again after you've had your interview.

Unless you were someone who spent way too much time checking his or her status every day (like me) you wouldn't have seen the pre-interview change (if that exists this year).

Good luck everybody!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Wenger wrote:
gccanuck87 wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply, that's very helpful! From reading last year's thread it sounds like your status changes when they're reviewing your application, then it changes again after you've had your interview.

Unless you were someone who spent way too much time checking his or her status every day (like me) you wouldn't have seen the pre-interview change (if that exists this year).

Good luck everybody!

I don't think there were "stages" this year. I applied last year and saw the two stages but didn't see anything this year. I think they saw the panic on the forum that resulted from the two "stages" and changed their system this year, haha.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
secondtimesthecharm wrote:
Wenger wrote:
gccanuck87 wrote:

Good luck everybody!

I don't think there were "stages" this year. I applied last year and saw the two stages but didn't see anything this year. I think they saw the panic on the forum that resulted from the two "stages" and changed their system this year, haha.

Good call, I think you're probably right. If that is true, Kellogg might do the same thing next year to avoid widespread hysteria over the date changes on their video essay.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
I hope so!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V31
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
This is their winter holiday and the decision date is January 15th.

Quote:
Winter Holiday December 24, 2014-January 2, 2015

Definitely more than 3 days

My bad, I was browsing too many schools in too many tabs. That response was for Darden thread :P
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.95
WE:Account Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Wenger wrote:
For those of you that received an interview invite, did your status change on the application portal?

After reading some of last year's thread it looks like statuses changed when the adcom picked up the application for evaluation.

My status has been in 'ready for review' for a couple months now and I'm not sure if I should keep checking for it to change to "final review."

"
Stage 1: The description reads something like " Your application is ready for review......" and under additional notes they put in comments if they will need your official transcripts etc at a later stage if you are invited for interview

Stage 2: When the adcom guys actually pick your application for review, the status description changes to this -
"Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision"
"

Wenger, is your status still "Ready for Review?"

Mine has been "Application Under Review" (Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision) since October 20th or around that date. I wonder if they looked at my application and set it aside for now.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
HACT369 wrote:
Wenger wrote:

"

"

Wenger, is your status still "Ready for Review?"

Mine has been "Application Under Review" (Your application for admission to the Berkeley Full-time MBA Program is under review by the Admissions Committee. You will be contacted at the decision deadline to see your final admissions decision) since October 20th or around that date. I wonder if they looked at my application and set it aside for now.

Yes, mine has been at Stage 1 since the beginning of October. Either they looked at my application and the status didn't change OR my application hasn't been picked up yet.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Have we really only seen one interview invite in December? Last year was so much more active at this point in the process.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley-Haas Veterans Learn VC Ropes on Trek to Andreessen Horowitz
Members of the Haas Veterans Club spent an afternoon at VC firm Andreessen Horowitz, engaging in a case study on funding negotiations, learning about the tech employment landscape for vets, and sitting down with Founder Mark Andreessen.

Guest bloggers Brian Chadwick, Mark Lee, and Mike Christman, all MBA 16, recap the experience:

This fall, thirteen members of the Haas Veterans Club participated in a trek to Menlo Park-based Venture Capital firm Andreessen Horowitz (known colloquially as a16z). The trek was the result of coordination between Vivek Ahuja, MBA 15, and Elizabeth Ocken, a Marketing Partner at a16z, who met through the COMMIT Foundation (a national non-profit dedicated to supporting veteran career transition).

We arrived at noon and were treated to lunch in a16z’s impressive Executive Briefing Center, the site of hundreds – if not thousands – of meetings between corporate executives, government leaders, and Silicon Valley’s most promising entrepreneurs.

Capabilities Prized in the Startup Community
Following lunch, Juliet Nyatta, Chief of the Business Operations Team, provided us with an informative overview of Andreessen Horowitz, including the firm’s unique, portfolio company-focused architecture. Frank Chen, Chief of the Deals Team, then led us in a guided case study of the firm’s funding negotiations with a recent startup. Dividing the Veterans Club into two teams, Frank shared some key details from the negotiations and facilitated as we debated for and against investing in the company.

Following the case study, Michael Copeland, former Senior Editor of Wired Magazine and a16z partner in the Marketing Team, moderated an interview with Chief of the Technical Talent Team Shannon Schiltz on the landscape for veterans in technology and insights on managing career transition.

Schiltz commented that a16z was particularly interested in the veteran community, because it consisted of individuals who were capable of operating under stress and of making complex decisions in ambiguous environments – abilities prized in the startup community. She was careful to add, however, that entrepreneurs had generally not made the connection between veterans and the qualities they seek in employees, and offered us some tactical suggestions for conveying our value to employers.

One-on-One Interaction with a Big Player in the Field
Our visit culminated with an appearance by a16z co-founder Mark Andreessen, interviewed by Don Faul, a former Marine Corps infantry officer and current Head of Operations at Pinterest. Andreessen spoke briefly about the changing nature of venture capital and responded to questions from the Veterans Club.

First year full-time Berkeley MBA student Michael Christman commented, "Getting the chance to visit a16z was a great opportunity. Especially so early in our first year, to get one-on-one interaction with a big player in the field and see how other veterans have succeeded in their transition from the military really opened my eyes about the skills veterans have that others find valuable." 

Full-time MBA student Mark Lee also commented, “As a veteran transitioning to a career in technology, I was curious to learn more about the role venture capital firms play in silicon valley–particularly how they foster growth for their startup founders. The visit was a tremendous opportunity for us to hear from one of the most influential firms in the Valley, and I hope we maintain a strong relationship for future Veteran’s Club engagements.” 

The Journey Home, as Old as War Itself
A recent survey by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found there are over 21.4 million veterans in the U.S. and 2.8 million from the recent wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The transition from the military to civilian life is different for everyone and the journey home is as old as war itself.

“The Odyssey” is often cited as one of the earliest parables of a soldier struggling with homecoming, and many veterans find that the journey home has changed little in the 2500 years since Homer wrote his epic poem. While veterans like us have been afforded all of the privileges that an academic institution like Berkeley offers, it is important to know that the unemployment rates for veterans, especially those who have served in our recent wars, remains higher than the national average. Our trip to Andreessen Horowitz was a great sign that firms in the Bay Area recognize the value veterans add to their organizations and are engaged in supporting their transitions.

Our Berkeley-Haas vets learned about potential career transformations on this trek. Watch this video tribute to learn about the transitions students have made from the military to the Berkeley MBA. 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
It appears that way... I've heard stories from reputable people that people heard back the day before the deadline. I just hope there's still some space for us!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.31
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
I didn't received anything relates to interview invitation for Haas...... Actually for the two schools I've applied in the west, no sound at all..... Haas and Anderson... so silent....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.63
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
I just got an invite today - there's still hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MBAPleaseME wrote:
I just got an invite today - there's still hope!

Congrats!!! Good luck :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Just got an invite yesterday too. Don't lose your hope!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
khapau wrote:
Just got an invite yesterday too. Don't lose your hope!

Congrats & good luck to you as well! :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts