Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:53 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Economics, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
I have submitted on dec 23, and my app hasn't even been reviewed for completeness. Does anyone have a similar problem?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Kudos
lennoxRU wrote:
I have submitted on dec 23, and my app hasn't even been reviewed for completeness. Does anyone have a similar problem?

I am from California and I just received an email from Haas on Jan 30th, that they are starting to review my R2 application, which i submitted on Jan 5th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
GMAT 1: 580 Q44 V26
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
Kudos
I am from Nigeria, I submitted my application since Nov. '14, my application status is still on 'received'.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Schools: Haas (UC Berkeley) - Class of 2017
Send PM
What're your thoughts on what to wear to the interview? I'll be interviewing with an alumnus at a coffee shop. I know the general advice is to wear a suit and tie, but that seems a bit overdressed for a coffee shop. I'm leaning towards business casual (not jeans, maybe khakis or corduroys) with a sport coat and no tie. Seems like it should be fine, but just curious on everyone's thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
Send PM
nitemini wrote:
lennoxRU wrote:

I am from California and I just received an email from Haas on Jan 30th, that they are starting to review my R2 application, which i submitted on Jan 5th.

Same with me. I submitted a week before the due date. Not sure how they are rolling these out, maybe GMAT score, maybe geography, either way I don't think people should be stressing about it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
hoplite67 wrote:
What're your thoughts on what to wear to the interview? I'll be interviewing with an alumnus at a coffee shop. I know the general advice is to wear a suit and tie, but that seems a bit overdressed for a coffee shop. I'm leaning towards business casual (not jeans, maybe khakis or corduroys) with a sport coat and no tie. Seems like it should be fine, but just curious on everyone's thoughts.

I would go with a suit and ditch the tie if I wanted to make it casual. At worst, you're overdressed but no one is going to fault you for wearing a suite to an interview.

Just my 2 cents; as long as you are comfortable in what you have on, i don't think it matters all that much.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Just received the confirmation email. Submitted a day before r2 deadline.russia

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Technology
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Any idea when interview invitations for non-Super Saturday people will start to roll out?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
trivium wrote:
Any idea when interview invitations for non-Super Saturday people will start to roll out?

Went through last year's thread and the first Tuesday in February is when invites started to roll out.

Received an email from Haas regarding their 2014 career metrics last night. Everyone get that email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, International Business
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Health Care)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
trivium wrote:

Went through last year's thread and the first Tuesday in February is when invites started to roll out.

Received an email from Haas regarding their 2014 career metrics last night. Everyone get that email?

I received that email last night as well.

Does anybody know how Haas select people for Super Saturday? Is not receiving an invite for Super Saturday a bad sign?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
youmeitang wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
trivium wrote:

Does anybody know how Haas select people for Super Saturday? Is not receiving an invite for Super Saturday a bad sign?

It's for US applicants outside of the Bay area.

If you fall into that group, and didn't receive an invite, I wouldn't read too much into it. The US applicant pool is the single biggest pool they have, and based on the timing of when the invite was sent out, there is no way they had already looked over all of the applications in that pool.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM

Received an email from Haas regarding their 2014 career metrics last night. Everyone get that email?[/quote]

Does anybody know how Haas select people for Super Saturday? Is not receiving an invite for Super Saturday a bad sign?[/quote]

If you fall into that group, and didn't receive an invite, I wouldn't read too much into it. The US applicant pool is the single biggest pool they have, and based on the timing of when the invite was sent out, there is no way they had already looked over all of the applications in that pool.[/quote]

That's right. I heard that there's only 6 staff in the Haas Admission Office, which is fewer than other B-Schools. And since they are receiving a lot of applications each round, I guess it would take longer for them to review all applications and send out all interview invitations.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
youmeitang wrote:
forevertfc wrote:

If you fall into that group, and didn't receive an invite, I wouldn't read too much into it. The US applicant pool is the single biggest pool they have, and based on the timing of when the invite was sent out, there is no way they had already looked over all of the applications in that pool.

That's right. I heard that there's only 6 staff in the Haas Admission Office, which is fewer than other B-Schools. And since they are receiving a lot of applications each round, I guess it would take longer for them to review all applications and send out all interview invitations.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: RPLU
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
WE:Analyst (Education)
Send PM
Long time lurker on the thread...thanks for the insightful comments all

I received my interview invite officially last Friday (30th) to Super Saturday on the 21st of this month....I am located in NYC and am electing to interview locally instead of flying back to the West Coast again (I have already visited campus and did a class visit).

Good luck everyone, it seems like invites should start trickling out soon
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley MBA Students: Proud to be LGBTQ Allies, Part I

The LGBTQ-friendly culture at Berkeley-Haas was recently recognized by Friend Factor's MBA Ally Challenge, in which the Berkeley MBA Program topped 22 other schools to be ranked number one for the past quarter in the ongoing competition. 

To measure b-school LGBT-friendliness, the ranking evaluates the percentage of a student body participating in the challenge, the number of ally engagement activities, and an inclusion score, measured against a pre-challenge survey.

In this series, two Allies VPs from our Q@Haas organization share their perspective on the Friend Factor challenge and on being an ally.

Shadie Andraos, MBA 16

Why it's important to be an ally: Having had several close friends at work who were gay, including my mentor, I learned of the workplace inequality and struggles faced by the people sitting next to me.  One can't help but be frustrated by this and, as future business leaders, I believe it behooves us to not only be aware but to actively challenge these issues.  

Ways ally culture is visible at Berkeley-Haas: For starters, we went from a single VP of Allies with Q@Haas to a committee of three people, each eager to contribute and motivated by different reasons. Just in our initial discussion, it became clear that LGBT issues affect all of us in unique ways. I'm excited to be a part of the group, and to partake in some great events over the coming year.  

Favorite ally event of the past year: Definitely the Q@Haas Kick-off BBQ.  It really gave me a sense of how strong the LGBT community is at Haas, and sparked my enthusiasm for showing my support as an Ally.

Want to learn more about the LGBTQ-friendly culture here at Haas? Visit Q@Haas, read the perspective of Rachel Park, VP of Allies, in Part II of this series, and find outgoing VP of Allies Sandeep Pahuja's insights in this Haas Achieves post

And if you'd like to learn more about how to be an ally yourself—there's a guide for that! 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: Berkeley MBA Students: Proud to Be LGBTQ Allies, Part II
 This is the second post in a two-part series reflecting on the LGBTQ ally culture in the Berkeley MBA Program, following a #1 ranking this past quarter in the Friend Factor Ally Challenge. In the first post, we heard from one of the Q@Haas club's VP of Allies Shadie Andraos. 

This time, we hear from Rachel Park, MBA 16.

Q@Haas Ally VPs Rachel Park, Emma Rothstein, and Shadie Andraos, all MBA 16

Why it’s important to be an ally: The statistic that surprised me most when I was doing research was this: Although 90% of Americans support equality in the workplace for LGBTQ, half of LGBTQ do not feel comfortable being out in the workplace. This finding suggests to me that good intentions are not enough. As allies, we need to speak up, show visible signs of our support, and question the policies and practices that do not fully include the needs of everyone in the community. And we need to do this even if we are not sure what to do or if we don't feel "ready" to be an ally.

Ways ally culture is visible at Berkeley-Haas: When we first get to Haas, each student receives a large plastic nametag to use in class. It's something we use on a daily basis and is a highly visible sign of our identity. During Coming Out Week, Q@Haas handed out stickers with our logo. Some people wore the sticker for the day, but many placed the sticker on the back of their nametags. If you sit in the back of one of our tiered classrooms, you'll see a number of blue Q@Haas stickers representing our community!

Favorite ally event from the past year: To kick off Coming Out Week in the fall, Q@Haas hosted an event to share coming out stories from a number of members of our community. I felt humbled to be in a room with 80 classmates, listening to the diverse range of experiences with coming out—some challenging, some funny, all eye-opening. It was a great reminder that even as we group people into categories (like LGBTQ), there are a rich variety of perspectives within the group - and as allies, we need to actively seek them out.

Want to learn more about the LGBTQ-friendly culture here at Haas? Visit Q@Haas, read the perspective of Shadie Andraos, VP of Allies, in Part I of this series, and find outgoing VP of Allies Sandeep Pahuja's insights in this Haas Achieves post

And if you'd like to learn more about how to be an ally yourself—there's a guide for that! 

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Marketing, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
danielloureiro wrote:
I'm interviewing with an alumni in Brazil tomorrow. I was supposed to apply on R1 but missed it so I submitted my app on the first hours of round 2. Got the invite on Jan 19th even though they sent an email with "Tips for your Haas interview" on the 14th...

Really excited about Haas.

Can you tell us how it was, please? I'm in for R2, but got no int invitation yet.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts