Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Oct 2014, 04:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:13
@oneyearmba - did you apply in R3 or an earlier round? if R3, do you already have an interview invite?

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:22
sanjuro9 wrote:
@oneyearmba - did you apply in R3 or an earlier round? if R3, do you already have an interview invite?

applied for R3, and yes got invited a week ago ..
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:25
oneyearmba wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

great. all the best with the interviews. how long before the deadline did you apply? did your email say that you have to complete the interviews by end of April?

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:31
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

great. all the best with the interviews. how long before the deadline did you apply? did your email say that you have to complete the interviews by end of April?

I applied two days before the deadline. No, the didn't mention any date, they just asked to wait for another email. Its week so far...my original question is: from your ex, readings..what is the chance of admittance when interviewed, giving I'll be good in the interview..??
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:46
ha ha.. chance is a funny thing. even if its 50%, you are equally likely to fail. i would say forget about trying to predict the possibilities and just prepare and focus on the upcoming interviews.

are you weighing offers from other schools vs INSEAD?

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 11:58
sanjuro9 wrote:
ha ha.. chance is a funny thing. even if its 50%, you are equally likely to fail. i would say forget about trying to predict the possibilities and just prepare and focus on the upcoming interviews.

are you weighing offers from other schools vs INSEAD?

Already have offers from Yale, Duke, and interviewed with Kellogg 1Y.. although they are all great schools, but honestly can't compare them with INSEAD when it comes to MBA experience.. Yale is prestigous name, but it is can't stand against INSEAD as an MBA, when I look around and talk to people (professional people) they compare INSEAD only with Harvard and Stanford, I mean in global scale. its alumni is incredible, you find them everywhere and in top positions. Duke is great school but again it is not like INSEAD. Plus, the fit factor, I am 29 years old and already have advance degree..so, this what makes me hope to be accepted to INSEAD..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
WE: Securities Sales and Trading (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 12:47
Just to update: I am a R3 applicant and got my interview invite on 5th April. No word yet on who my interviewers will be, but I know that there are a lot of Alumni in my city. I have benefited a lot from GMATCLUB and all the fabulous contributors during my GMAT and application preparation and I wish you all the best.
:)

Time to change the world

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q V

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 13:24
Sent in my application just a few days before the deadline. So far just a generic mail. But man if felt good checking the inbox this morning!
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Apr 2012, 22:41
Do the interview invites come during Paris working hours?
(I'm located in Asia)

I submitted my application on the deadline. Still don't have any news, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed (and impulsively checking my email 100 times a day...lol)
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 03:19
:?:

Hi ,

I have also applied for the R3 Sept 2012 round. My application was submitted on March 21st and I haven't heard from them yet.
Does anyone know how many have applied and what are the invite rates for interviews.

Just workd so hard on those essays.. considering that my GMAT scores were a lil lower 690..

IELTS 8.5 / 7.5 years of experience in consulting , very little direct managerial experience , lead experience for a couple of years. International experience of 3 years.

Can I hope for some chance of interview / admissions. Or is it less competitive considering its the last deadline.

Just super nervous. Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks
Mazerath
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.37
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 04:31
mazerath wrote:
:?:

Hi ,

I have also applied for the R3 Sept 2012 round. My application was submitted on March 21st and I haven't heard from them yet.
Does anyone know how many have applied and what are the invite rates for interviews.

Just workd so hard on those essays.. considering that my GMAT scores were a lil lower 690..

IELTS 8.5 / 7.5 years of experience in consulting , very little direct managerial experience , lead experience for a couple of years. International experience of 3 years.

Can I hope for some chance of interview / admissions. Or is it less competitive considering its the last deadline.

Just super nervous. Any inputs will be helpful.

Thanks
Mazerath

Me too, not get any notice yet. But I guess we have to have faith until the last minute!
From last years' thread, seems many got notice just before the deadline.
BTW, your profile seems pretty good. Hope we all can hear some good news soon.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 06:41
UPDATED -

sandymp
walktalk
sanjuro9
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser
rino
intake2012fall
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath
anyone_else???

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 06:42
I wouldn't know what to do, if gmatclub wasn't there to give us company during these nerve-wrecking times. Its almost 5pm Paris time. Another day closer to final deadline and no word yet.

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 07:02
sanjuro9 wrote:
I wouldn't know what to do, if gmatclub wasn't there to give us company during these nerve-wrecking times. Its almost 5pm Paris time. Another day closer to final deadline and no word yet.

Regarding to the final decision, is it on June 1 or could be before..cuz the interview invitations released before the April 20, so I guess the final decisions follow the same..right?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GPA: 3.37
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 07:04
sanjuro9 wrote:

Hi calm down... still got time...although myself am checking email every a few hours... finger crossed!
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 07:14
oneyearmba wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:

Regarding to the final decision, is it on June 1 or could be before..cuz the interview invitations released before the April 20, so I guess the final decisions follow the same..right?

the decisions usually come out the wednesday of the week, so that would be May 30th.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 29

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2012, 10:01
oneyearmba wrote:
Already have offers from Yale, Duke, and interviewed with Kellogg 1Y.. although they are all great schools, but honestly can't compare them with INSEAD when it comes to MBA experience.. Yale is prestigous name, but it is can't stand against INSEAD as an MBA, when I look around and talk to people (professional people) they compare INSEAD only with Harvard and Stanford, I mean in global scale. its alumni is incredible, you find them everywhere and in top positions. Duke is great school but again it is not like INSEAD. Plus, the fit factor, I am 29 years old and already have advance degree..so, this what makes me hope to be accepted to INSEAD..

I second this opinion. A friend of mine (went to HBS, turned down scholarship at Wharton) compared INSEAD on par with HBS and Stanford. I think INSEAD is an incredible school because of its global reach. But regardless, all of the schools you listed are great schools and you will get a great experience and education no matter which you go with (let's face it, once you are 3 - 5 years out of school, its all about your track record not about the MBA program name anymore).

Good luck! :)

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 05:44
sanjuro9 wrote:
UPDATED -

sandymp
walktalk
sanjuro9
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser
rino
intake2012fall
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath
anyone_else???

anyone in Asia have received an intive?

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 06:26
haven't heard of any new invites in the last 2-3 days. did they dry up already?

edit - i was reading the discussion leading up to R1 interviews last year and it seems like most interview invites, dings start coming after Wednesday of the deadline week. that will be 18th for us. the early invites have been a trend earlier too and nobody has been able to decipher what kind of profiles get the early invite.

if you are on gmatclub and i don't have you on the roll-call above, please be kind to drop a note here so that we can keep a track of who is where in their application process. it would be immensely helpful to the entire community.

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2012, 10:51
just received the details of my interviewers. the school recommend to complete the interviews before mid may..
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 12 Apr 2012, 10:51