Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 28 Jul 2014, 02:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 18:14
1
This post received
KUDOS
I finished my INSEAD interviews this week. Both were very casual interviews with no crazy case studies or anything. The interviewers asked the usual types of questions - tell me about yourself, why a MBA, why INSEAD, leadership skills, what if you don't get your MBA then what, etc. The second Alumni I interviewed with was very frank about the process and told me there are certain things that she needs to evaluate on during the interview - two of which are leadership and international experience. She also gave immediate feedback and said she is going to "pass me through." !!! Regardless of the good news, that doesn't mean that I will get an acceptance from INSEAD in the end. So fingers are still crossed!

Sanjuro - I'm so sorry to hear that you got dinged. I wish you the best on the next steps on your MBA journey. Said, Judge, and IE are all great schools and have strengths in different areas. I don't think there is an exact answer to your question on which one is best. It depends on where your MBA and post-MBA interests lay. Best of luck on your applications!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 18:18
I took the torch...

Let me know if there are any other updates!

sandymp - invited
walktalk - ?
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Location: China
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 19:18
LSSMBA wrote:
I finished my INSEAD interviews this week. Both were very casual interviews with no crazy case studies or anything. The interviewers asked the usual types of questions - tell me about yourself, why a MBA, why INSEAD, leadership skills, what if you don't get your MBA then what, etc. The second Alumni I interviewed with was very frank about the process and told me there are certain things that she needs to evaluate on during the interview - two of which are leadership and international experience. She also gave immediate feedback and said she is going to "pass me through." !!! Regardless of the good news, that doesn't mean that I will get an acceptance from INSEAD in the end. So fingers are still crossed!

Sanjuro - I'm so sorry to hear that you got dinged. I wish you the best on the next steps on your MBA journey. Said, Judge, and IE are all great schools and have strengths in different areas. I don't think there is an exact answer to your question on which one is best. It depends on where your MBA and post-MBA interests lay. Best of luck on your applications!



Hi LSSMBA, thanks so much for sharing your interview experiences, especially to know the fields that interviewers are asked to evaluate. Good Luck!!!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 23:11
LSSMBA wrote:
I took the torch...

Let me know if there are any other updates!

sandymp - invited
walktalk - ?
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?


Sanjuro9, wish you all the best and Best luck for your next application.!!

LSSMBA, please count me in. I got invite last Monday. But interviews probably won't happen until May since my two interviewers and me are all on vacation...;)
Good luck with all others who have interviews soon !!!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2012, 07:58
Congrats walktalk! :)

The list is updated:

sandymp - invited
walktalk - invited
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Location: Greece
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 05:34
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Sep 2011
Posts: 45
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 36

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 05:41
ditris wrote:
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?


Congrats, ditris! Could you share some background info about yourself?

I'm especially interested in GMAT scores and work experience.

Thanks a lot!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 2
Location: Greece
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 05:47
1
This post received
KUDOS
jfk wrote:
ditris wrote:
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?


Congrats, ditris! Could you share some background info about yourself?

I'm especially interested in GMAT scores and work experience.

Thanks a lot!


Hello jfk

My gmat score is 700 (49/36). I am a civil engineer and I work as a project manager. Quite common profile I believe.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 67
Location: India
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 18:32
Hey Guys - Can one of you post the latest MBAConnect stats with breakup for top nationalities?
Just want to check the update since the April 20th deadline?

Thanks guys!

Posted from my mobile device Image
_________________

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 35
Location: United States
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 20:00
ditris wrote:
Hello guys
I am new in the forum. Got invited April 4th. Finished my interviews April 18th. Anyone else from Greece?


Congrats Ditris! Welcome!

I added you to the list:

sandymp - invited
walktalk - invited
sanjuro9 - dinged
nominomi - invited
lssmba - invited
zhetengser - ?
rino - ?
intake2012fall - invited
FinMcCool - invited
oneyearmba - invited
omarayaz - invited
mazerath - ?
ditris - invited
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Feb 2012
Posts: 4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 20:34
hi, guys, i just finished my first interview with a high-rank officer in a world renowned consulting company. unfortunately, after the interview, he recommended me to take another 2 or 3 years working and then apply for the EMBA, but he promised that he would consider more on my unique background. Does it mean that he will not recommend me in his response to Insead? so worried about it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Location: Hong Kong
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Apr 2012, 23:55
Hi lixianwei,

I watched a youtube video a couple of days ago, where the admissions office explained the process.
At the end of the interview, the interviewers will fill out a form, and send it back to the admin officie. Then your whole application gets re-reviewed by a committee (incl. the essays you sent before and the interviewer's forms).
So the decision of the committee is not based solely on the 1 opinion of the interviewer. They will re-evaluate the "whole package".

How many years work-experience do you have?


lixianwei wrote:
hi, guys, i just finished my first interview with a high-rank officer in a world renowned consulting company. unfortunately, after the interview, he recommended me to take another 2 or 3 years working and then apply for the EMBA, but he promised that he would consider more on my unique background. Does it mean that he will not recommend me in his response to Insead? so worried about it.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Apr 2012
Posts: 39
Location: China
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Apr 2012, 07:16
AVbyT wrote:
Hey Guys - Can one of you post the latest MBAConnect stats with breakup for top nationalities?
Just want to check the update since the April 20th deadline?

Thanks guys!

Posted from my mobile device Image



Suggest ask this question in the wait list thread, there are always many people help to post the break down :)


Just got interview details today.... start contacting with the interviewers.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 08:12
finally managed to meet the 1st interviewer yesterday n got positive feedback!:D

out of curiosity, did you guys receive any Email from admission asking to finish the interviews earlier ?
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 56
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 09:11
walktalk wrote:
finally managed to meet the 1st interviewer yesterday n got positive feedback!:D

out of curiosity, did you guys receive any Email from admission asking to finish the interviews earlier ?

good to hear that... No I didn't receive any email from the adcom.. I also finished the first interview, as usual, walk me through CV, my international ex, surprisingly NO why INSEAD, but why MBA and why now??? did u apply to another school, answered yes,..
it last 1 hour with old businessman, millionaire, owner of his company..worked before as partner with one of MBB !! was nice and simple, yet he was assuring that I am very aware of the culture of INSEAD and have international outlook ..
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 10:09
oneyearmba wrote:
walktalk wrote:
finally managed to meet the 1st interviewer yesterday n got positive feedback!:D

out of curiosity, did you guys receive any Email from admission asking to finish the interviews earlier ?

good to hear that... No I didn't receive any email from the adcom.. I also finished the first interview, as usual, walk me through CV, my international ex, surprisingly NO why INSEAD, but why MBA and why now??? did u apply to another school, answered yes,..
it last 1 hour with old businessman, millionaire, owner of his company..worked before as partner with one of MBB !! was nice and simple, yet he was assuring that I am very aware of the culture of INSEAD and have international outlook ..


Sounds like great interview!:) Mine was way too simple..only like why MBA, why INSEAD, why now, tell me abour yourself, your personality.. last for like 20 mins for questions and 20 mins for conversation.

well, I got an Email from admission asking about interview progress and got the 3rd interviewer info to see if I can finsih two interviews early....I thought as long as we finish before middle of May would be ok.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 16 Jul 2011
Posts: 67
Location: India
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 21:28
walktalk wrote:
Sounds like great interview!:) Mine was way too simple..only like why MBA, why INSEAD, why now, tell me abour yourself, your personality.. last for like 20 mins for questions and 20 mins for conversation.

well, I got an Email from admission asking about interview progress and got the 3rd interviewer info to see if I can finsih two interviews early....I thought as long as we finish before middle of May would be ok.


Hey walktalk - You are told to interview with 3 Alums? That's odd. Can you share your profile? Best of luck walktalk...Let us know how it goes?

Can any admits or current students shed some light on the process? I though 2 interviews was the norm?

Also, does anyone know when the final decisions for R3 start going out?

Thanks!
_________________

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2012, 21:38
Oh no. Not 3 interviews. Just two interviews as normal but they assigned me the 3rd interviwer to see which two of them can give me two interview as soon as possible. Sorry for confusion.

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2012, 09:17
Got both my interviews this coming week. Nervous like no tomorrow. Anyone else had their interviews, please share how it went.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Location: Hong Kong
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 May 2012, 18:04
I just finished my 2nd interview on monday. Now, the waiting begins, and June 1st seems quite a ways to go.

@nominomi, here are my interview tips. Practice out loud answer to the common questions like "why Mba", "why Insead" until you can answer them in your sleep. Then analyse the 4 criterias Insead is looking for and how they pertain to your profile (Leadership potential and work experience, Academic capacity, International motivation, and Ability to Contribute). If you think your application form might show you are weak in one of those areas, practice how to defend your case, in case the interviewer asks about it.

I was quite lucky as my interviewers were really friendly and open. They did ask me work/motivation related questions, but it felt more like a chat with a new acquaintance that wanted to know more about you, then a formal interview.

Good luck!!
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 01 May 2012, 18:04
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
8 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Calling all Applicants(SEPT 2015 Intake)Class of 2016 farhanc85 13 17 Jun 2014, 04:35
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
287 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants Vips0000 2672 27 Nov 2012, 23:35
50 INSEAD 2012 - Calling All Applicants boeinz 1555 18 Dec 2010, 08:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57  ...  59    Next  [ 1179 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.