Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 09:50

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 18:14
sandymp wrote:
Did anybody get any news yet?

nope... just sitting tight.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.37
WE: Marketing (Manufacturing)

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 May 2012, 20:54
no, just completed my 2nd interview on Wed, don't think i will get any notice until the end of the month.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 00:17
10 days to go until th final week ...

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 04:31
The decisions are always given out a maximum of 2-3 days before the deadline if you look at all the previous threads for both August and January rotations. The final notification date is on Fridays and you see people starting to here from the Wednesday typically so guessing May 30th as a likely date. They don't hold the admissions meetings till the final week as far as I understand.
Manager
Manager
GPA: 3.7
WE: Sales (Other)

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 04:56
FinMcCool wrote:
The decisions are always given out a maximum of 2-3 days before the deadline if you look at all the previous threads for both August and January rotations. The final notification date is on Fridays and you see people starting to here from the Wednesday typically so guessing May 30th as a likely date. They don't hold the admissions meetings till the final week as far as I understand.

Hey FinMcCool - Sounds about right but I was just thinking that considering today was the last day for the same team to send out the interview invites for R1 January 13 apps, it seems that the adcom will be meeting between Monday - Wednesday to dot the final i's :?!

*lemme wipe that sweat off my brow*

My Road to an MBA - http://mbahopeful.wordpress.com

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 May 2012, 13:27
I asked the admission when to expect the final decisions, and they told me on the last week of this month. It means that most likely there are no news on the next week, and they will start calling and sending emails from Monday 28th onward. so, you have to manage the next week stress....
Intern
Intern
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 18:00
R3 is just as competitive as the other rounds, BUT has less applicants and places then other rounds. I wish that could speed up the decision process :) Waiting is VERY hard, and May 30 is stil over a week away!

Hold on tight everyone. 10 days to go......
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 May 2012, 23:45
sandymp wrote:
R3 is just as competitive as the other rounds, BUT has less applicants and places then other rounds. I wish that could speed up the decision process :) Waiting is VERY hard, and May 30 is stil over a week away!

Hold on tight everyone. 10 days to go......

I read somewhere that Sep intake is generally less competitive than Jan, because of the internship opportunity and IB recruiting season..regarding to the rounds, I understood that INSEAD is better than the other school in treating each round equally.. they say that they try to allocate equal number of seats for each round, However, they (as most of other programs) encourage for earlier applying. But the negative impact of your applying on last round in any top US school is greater. Having said that, if you come from traditional MBA feeders (nationalities and industries) you are always in a tough competition. if you are from less represented place or background then your opportunity is good since diversity is a major issue at INSEAD unlike the other programs...yeah, waiting is so painful..
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 05:26
I know for sure next week I will start checking emails hundreds times a day :)
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 06:54
intake2012fall wrote:

intake2012 fall - Tell me about it! I feel married to my iPhone and laptop!

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 11:17
intake2012fall wrote:

I think INSEAD calls people who are accepted too - so don't forget to check your voicemail! :)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 14:11
I don't know if this is its time or not? but, I am just trying to ease waiting, Lets guys discuss the scenarios for each of us! what is your plan if you: admitted, rejected, or waitlisted? for me: if I got in, then I'll definitely travel for the open day in mid june, either in fonty or sing. if rejected, I'll re-apply for next year. but with that thinking seriously for IMD and Columbia J-term!, if waitlisted it'll be very painful waiting, in fact worse than reject.. what do u think?
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 18:47
oneyearmba wrote:
regarding to the rounds, I understood that INSEAD is better than the other school in treating each round equally.. they say that they try to allocate equal number of seats for each round ..

I understood that each round is just as competitive , so for a similar profile it's just as easy/hard to get into any round.
I think I heard somewhere that there are less applicants in R3 (Some reasons: There are no scholarships in this round, the decisions falls very close to the date school starting, and if you don't get into Insead in R3- there are not many schools you can apply to afterwards, etc)

So R3 being just as competitve as R1 & R2 probably means that the same percentage of applicants get in. (Less people apply for less spots, but the same ratio of admits is kept).

This is just my understanding....
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 22:06
oneyearmba wrote:
I don't know if this is its time or not? but, I am just trying to ease waiting, Lets guys discuss the scenarios for each of us! what is your plan if you: admitted, rejected, or waitlisted? for me: if I got in, then I'll definitely travel for the open day in mid june, either in fonty or sing. if rejected, I'll re-apply for next year. but with that thinking seriously for IMD and Columbia J-term!, if waitlisted it'll be very painful waiting, in fact worse than reject.. what do u think?

well, for me, I already quit my job. So if I dont get through, probably just find another job. I am not thinking about another application to other place or re-apply.

swimming and drinking to ease my stress on waiting now:)

good luck to all of us.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 May 2012, 22:13
walktalk wrote:

well, for me, I already quit my job. So if I dont get through, probably just find another job. I am not thinking about another application to other place or re-apply.

swimming and drinking to ease my stress on waiting now:)

good luck to all of us.

Haha, sounds a nice way to ease stress.
Have to go this year due to the agreement with my employer, if this does not work out, will accept other offer.
But still, this is my 1st choice and now just focus on work.....
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 May 2012, 00:52
oneyearmba wrote:

I think waitlisted is better then rejected if you want to re-apply next year.
It means Insead liked your profile, but maybe there were too many similar applicants in that intake...
Rejected could mean they are not interested at all.

If I don't get into Insead.. I'd go with choice 2.
It doesn't make sense for me to post-pone for various personal/professional reasons.

But Columbia / IMD are really good schools too :)
(I think for IMD you could still try, as they have 1 or 2 rounds still open. The start of the school year is in Jan.)
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 May 2012, 22:08
Weekend before decision week...or maybe even decision (Mon)day :roll:...Drink up!

Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 May 2012, 01:57
start getting nervous already.....
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 09:23
Well actually it might be until Tuesday:

"The Monday after Pentecost is a holiday in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Gibraltar, Hungary, Iceland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, and Switzerland. In many of these countries, Whit Monday is known as "the second day of Pentecost" or "the second Whitsun". In France, it became a work day for many workers from 2005 to 2007. This was to raise extra funds following the government's lack of preparation for a summertime heat wave, which led to a shortage of proper health care for the elderly.[1] Contrary to what many sources report, Pentecost Monday did not become a public holiday again in 2008. Many offices are indeed closed that day, but only because employees are required to use one of their "overtime days" (RTT) to make this happen."

Ahhh we'll see tomorrow if indeed Murphy's Law applies to applications. Enjoy your weekend!
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 May 2012, 23:12
Indigo12 wrote:
Well actually it might be until Tuesday:

"The Monday after Pentecost is a holiday in Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Gibraltar, Hungary, Iceland, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, and Switzerland. In many of these countries, Whit Monday is known as "the second day of Pentecost" or "the second Whitsun". In France, it became a work day for many workers from 2005 to 2007. This was to raise extra funds following the government's lack of preparation for a summertime heat wave, which led to a shortage of proper health care for the elderly.[1] Contrary to what many sources report, Pentecost Monday did not become a public holiday again in 2008. Many offices are indeed closed that day, but only because employees are required to use one of their "overtime days" (RTT) to make this happen."

Ahhh we'll see tomorrow if indeed Murphy's Law applies to applications. Enjoy your weekend!

Indeed Indigo12, it does seem like today is a Public Holiday in France! :wtf:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_holidays_in_France

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 27 May 2012, 23:12