Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:41 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 978 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE:General Management (Retail)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
edited

Originally posted by FatRiverPuff on 21 Aug 2011, 18:48.
Last edited by FatRiverPuff on 29 Feb 2012, 13:15, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi all fellow applicants!

Am i right in my understanding that INSEAD application does not require a Resume to be submitted?

pls confirm

GS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
Hi there and better late than never!

My profile:
Vietnamese male, 27, 680 in GMAT(Verbal: 73%, Quant 77%, Writing 91%) >> this is as low as it gets without a retake I think );
Education profile: High schooled in India, bacherlor's degree in Economics and French from a U.S. liberal arts college, half a year exchange in Université de Nantes, and Audencia, France.
Professional profile: one year in an e-learning start-up in the Silicon valley, one year in a top-4 US consulting firm, 2.5 years in a Japanese consulting confirm (my present job).
Post-INSEAD plan: return to Vietnam (finally!) and make some money (maybe hedge fund or private equity?)
Languages: more or less fluent in Vietnamese, English, French, Japanese

Hobbies: Music (classically trained in piano for 12 years, + guitar & harmonica self-learned), movies (umm...I have a collection of over 1000 movies), games (good starcraft:broodwar player -- level C on iccup), recently I got into amateur photography by purchasing the Canon EOS 550D and some lens.

Nice to meet you all.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jubinell wrote:
Hi there and better late than never!

My profile: . . . . .

Nice to meet you all.

Hello!

its a wow! profile; from whatever little i know of INSEAD - i strongly believe you will make through which such diverse, multicultural background with health education and equally positive work experience.

cheers for you!

GS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2012
WE:General Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
sageonaroll wrote:
Hi All,

Count me in as well ...

Profile: M/28/GMAT-700/India

Just a quick question, what does final grade in the application form mean?

My degree is from Mumbai University and we didn't have a GPA system if thats what it means ... suggestions anyone?

If you have marks in percentage, you can mention xx%.
If you have grades such as A,B,..., you can mention the final aggregate grade
If you have GPA, for example out of 4, you can mention xx/4, for example 3.4/4
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
GMAT Date: 07-17-2015
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Does anyone know if you can upload your supporting docs before submitting the entire app?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Insead, Kelogg, Wharton, ISB
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: Field Engineer - Oilfield Industry
WE 2: Manufacturing Engineer -Oil Field Industry
Send PM
Count me in

GMAT:750
-Mechanical engineer
-3 years experience in oilfield services industry (4 years by the date of joining)
-Worked on oil rigs in UAE,Oman,Kuwait,Malaysia
-Worked with engineering deptt. in India, Singapore, US.Basically good international exposure.
-Want to break in into consulting
Manager
Manager
Send PM
tarangbakshi wrote:
Count me in

GMAT:750
-Mechanical engineer
-3 years experience in oilfield services industry (4 years by the date of joining)
-Worked on oil rigs in UAE,Oman,Kuwait,Malaysia
-Worked with engineering deptt. in India, Singapore, US.Basically good international exposure.
-Want to break in into consulting

Hi Tarang!
welcome aboard . . . could you lend me 40-50 GMAT points :)

GS
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Management of Technology/ General Management
Schools:Berkeley Haas, Stanford, MIT Sloan, INSEADw/$$
 Q48  V44
GPA: 3.9
WE 1: Five years in hi-tech in sales/marketing roles
Send PM
I'm in for R1 or R2, not decided yet.

Female, almost 27, 4.5 yrs exp in hi-tech (sales&marketing) in global IT companies.
Background in Arts from a top university in Russia + a graduate degree in management.

GMAT 750, TOEFL yet to come (as are the essays :))
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Dear Friends,

I have recently decided to apply for INSEAD Sep 2012 intake. I am targeting R2 closing 07-Dec-2011. I have to prepare and take GMAT, TOEFL and also complete my application (essays) by then.

I wanted to get your opinion - is targeting 07-Dec application deadline realistic?

Also a few specific questions:

1. When latest can i schedule my GMAT before 07-Dec so that i can send my score to INSEAD by 07-Dec?
2. Do i need to take TOEFL? I am an Indian, English is not my native language but i have throughout studied in English medium.
3. Can we submit the supporting documents online (so that i can do it just 1-2 days before the deadline and save time in sending it to France by post)

Please comment.

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone

I just wanted to clarify whether do we need to send any documents by post to INSEAD? I believe we need to upload scanned copies of the transcripts and electronically submit the recommendations. Once an offer is made by INSEAD, then we need to send the documents by post.

Am I right?

Thank you very much!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: INSEAD '14
Send PM
Hi all,

Just a question that is going through my Mind and I thought of taking a opinion - I have a option to apply to Sep 2012 and I can wait for Jan 2013 session also. Considering that the Jan option has an Internship - I want to understand the reasoning / benefits for applying in Sep round - Is Internship not that important tool for a good placement - or people who are applying for sep2012 are confident on networking for jobs / or want to remain in the same industry - all views on this are welcome --- good / bad / ugly..
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
I'm thinking of applying for R1 as well. I was recently rejected for the Jan 2012 intake and going to rewrite my essays for Sept 2012 app.

However I'm worried about the Sept intake since it doesn't have internship and I'm coming from an engineering background. I'm thinking of going into consulting after and not sure how tough it will be getting a job without internship experience. Just want to hear your thoughts on that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
pocari3 wrote:
I'm thinking of applying for R1 as well. I was recently rejected for the Jan 2012 intake and going to rewrite my essays for Sept 2012 app.

However I'm worried about the Sept intake since it doesn't have internship and I'm coming from an engineering background. I'm thinking of going into consulting after and not sure how tough it will be getting a job without internship experience. Just want to hear your thoughts on that.

Well I am not an expert, but career changers are usually suggested to apply in the Jan Intake, as they have a 2 month grace period in the form of Internship. That said, internship is a nice opportunity to know how these firms operate and once employed how do you see yourself fitting with rest of the crowd.

My experiences in consulting tells me if you have proper quant skills, its not a rocket science. As you said you are an engineer, you are already analytically loaded for tasks in consulting. I assume getting a job in a consulting firm has little to do with if you did an internship or not, rather how you well you crack the case during the recruitments.

May be I am wrong, but if I were you I would try and contact INSEAD alumni/present students to know more. I hope I didnt confuse you more. :)

Originally posted by vanishingnerd on 10 Sep 2011, 11:39.
Last edited by vanishingnerd on 10 Sep 2011, 11:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Technology
GRE 1: Q770 V670
GPA: 3.3
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
anonymus wrote:
Dear Friends,

I have recently decided to apply for INSEAD Sep 2012 intake. I am targeting R2 closing 07-Dec-2011. I have to prepare and take GMAT, TOEFL and also complete my application (essays) by then.

I wanted to get your opinion - is targeting 07-Dec application deadline realistic?

Also a few specific questions:

1. When latest can i schedule my GMAT before 07-Dec so that i can send my score to INSEAD by 07-Dec?
2. Do i need to take TOEFL? I am an Indian, English is not my native language but i have throughout studied in English medium.
3. Can we submit the supporting documents online (so that i can do it just 1-2 days before the deadline and save time in sending it to France by post)

Please comment.

Thanks in advance

Dear Anonymous,

The deadline you are aiming is very realistic given you prepare, appear and excel GMAT, you have give or take 3 months and I have seen people doing well in just 2 months (provided you have an excellent command over Verbal and Quants).

All the best
VN
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
vanishingnerd wrote:
pocari3 wrote:

Well I am not an expert, but career changers are usually suggested to apply in the Jan Intake, as they have a 2 month grace period in the form of Internship. That said, internship is a nice opportunity to know how these firms operate and once employed how do you see yourself fitting with rest of the crowd.

My experiences in consulting tells me if you have proper quant skills, its not a rocket science. As you said you are an engineer, you are already analytically loaded for tasks in consulting. I assume getting a job in a consulting firm has little to do with if you did an internship or not, rather how you well you crack the case during the recruitments.

May be I am wrong, but if I were you I would try and contact INSEAD alumni/present students to know more. I hope I didnt confuse you more. :)

Hey thanks for the advice.

I heard the same thing about consulting firms not caring about internship experience. Also, I heard that consulting firms don't usually recuit for summer internship at INSEAD (not sure if it's true).
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
WE:Project Management (Retail)
Send PM
Hi all,

Jumping on this thread. Better late than never.

Canadian/M/31/GMAT 750

Going for R1. Will slip to R2 if I don't feel my essays are bullet proof.

8 years experience in web/e-commerce/retail operations as a business analyst & project manager.

Entrepreneur: ran own web development business for 2 years after completing a liberal arts undergrad (…go figure)

Currently living & working in Boston, MA.
Recently, 2 years living & working in Japan.
Long ago, 2 years living in Taiwan.

Post INSEAD: Going to break into management consulting in London, then Brazil or Australia, --> Singapore (Best thing about the world is that it's round!)

Any tips for converting/explaining a less than stellar academic performance in my undergrad?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  59   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts