Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 05:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V44
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 01:46
This post received
KUDOS
Yup. Got a call from AN an hour ago. And got admitted to the Singapore campus!

Profile: F/30/Finland/WE 6+ yrs/750/EC in sports + int'l clubs at uni

See you there!
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 04:51
This post received
KUDOS
I'm IN!!!!!

Just received the call!! Hope to have a nice dinner with you all sometime next year!

Cheers!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
Schools: INSEAD '14 (I)
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Health Care)

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Dec 2011, 04:55
This post received
KUDOS
Are all those who got their calls have their last names starting with letters early in the alphabetical order? Or submitted their application forms well before the deadline? Can anyone break this theory please?

Just waiting for the call. Can't believe how much I am getting stressed out! I somehow don't understand why INSEAD doesn't release all the decision emails at one time!

Crossing my fingers. For the ones admitted - enjoy your days or nights to the fullest - whereever you are! If I were you, I would take the day/night off, unless there is something really urgent at the work!!
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [1] , given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 11:24
This post received
KUDOS
LSEguy wrote:
Any information regarding funding/ financial assistance? I will not be able to bear the entire cost of the program.... :roll: How much are the minimum living expenses at Singapore for 1 person (for a period of 10 months)? As per my estimates INSEAD is almost as expensive (if not more) as a full time 2 year MBA at M7 school in the US!

Ciao! Interesting math you have. INSEAD's tuition is EUR 56k, that is roughly USD 85k, mas o menos. That is 1.3 years in the US school. Living expenses... what do you compare? Sing vs Darden? Or Fonty vs NY??? It's like apple to cola comparison.

On a practical note, in Sing you don't need to lease a car, and students can share apartments together and I SUPPOSE food/services are cheaper than in France/USA.

Regarding loans, it's written on their page that is currently 7.5% EUR rate, max EUR 40.000 per head. Regarding scholarships - the lucky merit guys will find emails next week, other are encouraged to apply from Jan 18 to Feb 16th for various (but small) scholarships.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V
GPA: 3.2
WE: General Management (Venture Capital)

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Dec 2011, 13:26
This post received
KUDOS
LSEguy wrote:
Any information regarding funding/ financial assistance? I will not be able to bear the entire cost of the program.... :roll: How much are the minimum living expenses at Singapore for 1 person (for a period of 10 months)? As per my estimates INSEAD is almost as expensive (if not more) as a full time 2 year MBA at M7 school in the US!

LSEguy, The MBA is stretching the financial abilities of all of us.
However, note that there are many "additional" expenses such as trips, events, etc which are very important part of the INSEAD experience (so I hear...). So don't shoot for the minimum or you'll feel you've missed a lot of what the school and this year has to offer.
I know there is no easy solution for this (for me too...), but this is just another point of view.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 650 Q V
GMAT 2: 630 Q V
GMAT 3: 660 Q V
GMAT 4: 680 Q V
GMAT 5: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.12
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Dec 2011, 06:10
This post received
KUDOS
meldoremi wrote:
Vorskl wrote:

Regarding scholarships - the lucky merit guys will find emails next week, other are encouraged to apply from Jan 18 to Feb 16th for various (but small) scholarships.

I received an email from INSEAD 1-2 weeks ago regarding applying for financial aids and stuff. Haven't had time to read through it in detail. But from what you wrote it seems like everyone is considered for the the merit scholarships without having to go through any additional application? And we'll hear next week?

there are like 30 INSEAD scholarships all with different qualifications. seems like most (if not all) require you to apply. check out INSEAD's MBA connect portal for a full list.

however, i believe the "main" scholarship which everybody is qualified for and is based on need and merit is the INSEAD Admiral Scholarship and does not require candidates to apply.

from MBA connect:

Quote:
For merit awards, the decision is based on the quality of admission applications. For need-based awards, please submit an application to Need-based scholarships and send in the required supporting documentation.
Notification on the decision based on merit: successful candidates will receive the notification on the award approximately one week after admission. If you do not receive an e-mail on the award within that time frame please consider that you have not been selected for the Admiral scholarship.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Dec 2011, 07:57
This post received
KUDOS
brahms00 wrote:
Could any one check for Turkish admits. Thank you in advance

Only one admit from Turkey so far.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q39 V39
GMAT 2: 730 Q45 V45

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 2

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 05:05
This post received
KUDOS
Quote:

Sure.

Denmark: 0
Norway:0
Sweden:0
Finland: 1

I was accepted for the September 2012 admission. I am Swedish, so that statistic is missing at least one person.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2011, 06:29
This post received
KUDOS
acax wrote:
Brazas, since u are so kind, could you also tell me the stats for Italy?

thanks a lot

5 Italians so far, including 3 with double nationality.

Total admits for the 13J Class is 148
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Dec 2011, 13:52
This post received
KUDOS
LSEguy wrote:
For the Wharton/Kellogg exchange, does the candidate need to pay the Wharton's term fee over and above the INSEAD fees?

Thanks!

I don't think so. The exchange tuition fees are covered by INSEAD's overall fee. You do have to pay for travel (return trip) and accommodation and you are only allowed to go there for 1 period (2 months).
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Dec 2011, 04:56
This post received
KUDOS
inseadspirant2012 wrote:
Hehe...I see :) Do you happen to have any concrete number or proportion out of those admitted?

Vorskl wrote:
inseadspirant2012 wrote:
Hi everyone,

To those who have been admitted, first of all congrats(!), is there any breakdown of industry/function on the MBAConnect website - and if so, does anyone have the number of admitted students with a consulting background?

Thanks in advance, and happy holidays!

--
Briefly: A LOT :)

The concrete number is 62 out of 171 admitted so far. (There is a search field "sector" in mbaconnect)
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: General Management (Retail)
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 354 [1] , given: 13

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Jan 2012, 07:52
This post received
KUDOS
got dinged :)

they say am too old. . .
suggested me to forward my app to exec mba programme!

all the best to the rest!

34 m / India / 680 / WE 10+

i love kudos :moped consider giving them if you like my post!!

:arrow: CRITICAL REASONING FOR BEGINNERS: notes & links to help you learn CR better. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/critical-reasoning-for-beginners-82111.html
:arrow: QUANT NOTES FOR PS & DS: notes to help you do better in Quant. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/quant-notes-for-ps-ds-82447.html
:arrow: GMAT Timing Planner: This little tool could help you plan timing strategy. Click Below
http://gmatclub.com/forum/gmat-cat-timing-planner-82513.html

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V38
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 3

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2012, 01:25
This post received
KUDOS
Thanks Belyok, very useful to know :)

And congrats on your admission offer!

Belyok wrote:
inseadspirant2012 wrote:
Hi,

I have a question to those who got an offer in R1, do you know the deadline for the first deposit?

As a WL'er I am hoping to see some movement after.

Thanks!

The deadline is 20 January, but they usually accomodate extension requests, so if I were you, I would count on movements in the first week of February.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q V
GPA: 4
WE: Account Management (Computer Hardware)

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Feb 2012, 01:57
This post received
KUDOS
DGGG wrote:
Chingching wrote:
just received the good news by phone call!

Congrats!!
Hope we get ours soon..

Who's your Admissions Coordinator?

J. SIM but it was another person who called.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 72 [1] , given: 36

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 12:08
This post received
KUDOS
Submitted for Sept 2012. now the wait begins..

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 01:09
This post received
KUDOS
sandymp wrote:
I just submitted my INSEAD Application for round 3 for the Sept 2012 intake.
I was quite happy with my Gmat score (700), especially since I studied for it in just 4 weeks. However, this forum shows there's quite a competition out there :)

Anybody else applying for round 3?

I submitted too and just received the completed notification Email:) Good luck for all of us.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 2.7

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 07:57
This post received
KUDOS
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:
Thank you. my impression about INSEAD ...

Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.

Guys you are in the wrong thread, in fact in the wrong rubrique:) :) :) :)
(Please see how many smileys I have put there before we start a disciussion :) )
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 660 Q V

how long does it take before they start sending out intervie [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 12:43
This post received
KUDOS
ok, just sent in my application the other day.... cant wait for the result.

got an interview with judge in a few weeks. and the thing is that i want to be able to pick the one i like.

does anyone know how long it takes before they start sending out interview invites-
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 650 Q V
GMAT 2: 630 Q V
GMAT 3: 660 Q V
GMAT 4: 680 Q V
GMAT 5: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.12
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 21 [1] , given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Apr 2012, 16:56
This post received
KUDOS
sanjuro9 wrote:

The word limits are strict. The form won't let you submit the application unless the word limits are corrected.

When I applied for '13J (sept 2012 intake), the application explicitly stated the word count (and amount over the requested word count) as you typed in your essay, but it did not prevent me from submitting an essay that was over that word count. I was over the word count for most my essays.

General advice is 10% over the word count is OK.

Posted from my mobile device Image
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.97

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2012, 18:14
This post received
KUDOS
I finished my INSEAD interviews this week. Both were very casual interviews with no crazy case studies or anything. The interviewers asked the usual types of questions - tell me about yourself, why a MBA, why INSEAD, leadership skills, what if you don't get your MBA then what, etc. The second Alumni I interviewed with was very frank about the process and told me there are certain things that she needs to evaluate on during the interview - two of which are leadership and international experience. She also gave immediate feedback and said she is going to "pass me through." !!! Regardless of the good news, that doesn't mean that I will get an acceptance from INSEAD in the end. So fingers are still crossed!

Sanjuro - I'm so sorry to hear that you got dinged. I wish you the best on the next steps on your MBA journey. Said, Judge, and IE are all great schools and have strengths in different areas. I don't think there is an exact answer to your question on which one is best. It depends on where your MBA and post-MBA interests lay. Best of luck on your applications!
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 21 Apr 2012, 18:14