Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Oct 2014, 05:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Insead Sept '16
GMAT Date: 09-30-2014
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 17

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 07:23
Okay I've changed my mind, I'm applying Round 2 for Sept 12 or Round 1 for Jan 13. My initial reasoning for the Sept intake was that I'd have awesome grades (i.e. the Dean's List) to show recruiters during the full-time recruiting season because an internship isn't a total guarantee (the grades don't come out in time for internship recruitment and why would a consulting firm want a baker with nothing sexier than cupcakes and Nobel Laureate on her CV).

Life with the GMAT:

Jerome: Ben, c'est 20 secondes de plus qu'hier sur le meme parcours! C'etait bien le meme parcours la, non?!
Gigi: Mais t'enerve pas, Jerome, je crois que t'as accroche une porte.
Jerome: *$&#(*%&(*#%&

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 03:10
round 1 deadline is less than 2 weeks away now! when is everyone thinking of submitting? (good luck to all!) :)
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2011, 10:18
Hi

I have recently changed my job and have been with the new firm for less than a month. I m having difficulty in finishing the First job description essay, since there are no 'results achieved' and 'leadership examples' yet. How should I tackle this problem?

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 13:42
Application submitted, picture uploaded, transcripts uploaded and fee paid. :shock: :shock:

Still waiting for one recommender to submit the form.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (A)

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2011, 05:08
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Does anyone know if you can upload your supporting docs before submitting the entire app?

Looks like there are quite a few questions concerning this issue.
I actually contacted admission and the answer I got was: submit all supporting docs whenever you can, but they won't tell you whether they have received the docs or not UNTIL you have submitted your application.
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2011, 06:27
jubinell wrote:
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Does anyone know if you can upload your supporting docs before submitting the entire app?

Looks like there are quite a few questions concerning this issue.
I actually contacted admission and the answer I got was: submit all supporting docs whenever you can, but they won't tell you whether they have received the docs or not UNTIL you have submitted your application.

I uploaded the supporting docs after submitting the main form. It was a simple and straightforward process.

You can either submit the files as jpeg or pdf.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:07
Anybody having troubles submitting the application?
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:19
jubinell wrote:
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?

If you are using Adobe X, you can click on "Highlight existing fields" to add a red box around the required fields and easily check the missing ones.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:42
brazas wrote:
jubinell wrote:

If you are using Adobe X, you can click on "Highlight existing fields" to add a red box around the required fields and easily check the missing ones.

Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed the only fields that are still empty are the GRE fields. What should I do?
Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:49
jubinell wrote:
brazas wrote:
jubinell wrote:

Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed the only fields that are still empty are the GRE fields. What should I do?

Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 09:09
brazas wrote:

Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.

Progress check says 68 out of 75.
Click on submission says:
Go to missing field:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

so that's 6 missing fields? that means there's one more sometwhere??

Or is it 7 missing fields excluding the GRE fields??
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 21:43
informative post...
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 07:39
so...anybody with a successful submission can tell me...did you have to fill out the GRE fields? And if not, when you checked the number of questions answered on page 3, did it say 75/75 for required fields?

Still waiting for an answer from INSEAD tech support.
I'm glad this didn't take place on the night of the 28th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 07:57
jubinell wrote:
so...anybody with a successful submission can tell me...did you have to fill out the GRE fields? And if not, when you checked the number of questions answered on page 3, did it say 75/75 for required fields?

I did not fill out the GRE field. When you click submit, there will be an auto popup that you may click on that will lead you the required fields that you did not fill out.

~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~

Manager
Manager

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:29
enkie wrote:
jubinell wrote:

I did not fill out the GRE field. When you click submit, there will be an auto popup that you may click on that will lead you the required fields that you did not fill out.

I didn't fill it out either.

Btw, just got the confirmation that my files are ok and my coordinator is Anne Nigl.
Intern
Intern

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:51
So nobody is having difficulties except me. Haiz.

Yes, I click on the submit button and the fields that still are still empty show up as:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

T_T
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 09:55
I have not submitted the application yet. Where can I upload the scanned documents?
I am unable to find any link in the application where I need to upload the transcripts etc..

Please help

Thanks!
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 15:59
This post received
KUDOS
LSEguy wrote:
I have not submitted the application yet. Where can I upload the scanned documents?
I am unable to find any link in the application where I need to upload the transcripts etc..

Please help

Thanks!

I submitted my transcript via air mail.
As somebody posted above you can also submit online as (doc, jpeg etc,) after your have submitted your application.
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 01:45
career goals and why INSEAD essay has a word limit of 300+250 = 550..but as soon as i paste anything above 300 ..word count turns red...am i missing something..or there s a problem with pdf file??

thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [0], given: 48

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 10:02
CV
Do I miss something or INSEAD does not ask for you cv??? I did not find any place where I can attach it.
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2011, 10:02