Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Sep 2014, 22:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 19:37
CV is not required as part of the INSEAD application. That's why they have those 'Job Description Essays'. :)

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 20:49
kt780 wrote:
career goals and why INSEAD essay has a word limit of 300+250 = 550..but as soon as i paste anything above 300 ..word count turns red...am i missing something..or there s a problem with pdf file??

thanks

hey kt, i had the same issue but i went ahead and pasted my 550 words - also my 'check your progress' kept saying 74/75 fields and i couldn't find that last missing field even with the highlights! so i just submitted the app anyway and got a confirmation that it was complete

By the way, for those who submitted - did you reply to your coordinator's email ?
Manager
Manager
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 22:19
RAS2012 wrote:
kt780 wrote:
career goals and why INSEAD essay has a word limit of 300+250 = 550..but as soon as i paste anything above 300 ..word count turns red...am i missing something..or there s a problem with pdf file??

thanks

hey kt, i had the same issue but i went ahead and pasted my 550 words - also my 'check your progress' kept saying 74/75 fields and i couldn't find that last missing field even with the highlights! so i just submitted the app anyway and got a confirmation that it was complete

By the way, for those who submitted - did you reply to your coordinator's email ?

everyone is saying 75 required fields...when i check my progress i am only getting 61 required fields.... :shock:
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 102 [1] , given: 48

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 23:41
This post received
KUDOS
RAS2012 wrote:
kt780 wrote:

thanks

--
why do you overcomplicate things? There are empty fields that you don't need to fill, such as married-# of children if you are single.
The only problem I had is that system did not like job essay 3 (for those who don't work) was empty. So I inserted 'n/a' and submitted the application
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 23:51
Vorskl wrote:
RAS2012 wrote:
kt780 wrote:

thanks

--
why do you overcomplicate things? There are empty fields that you don't need to fill, such as married-# of children if you are single.
The only problem I had is that system did not like job essay 3 (for those who don't work) was empty. So I inserted 'n/a' and submitted the application

i dont think he is overcomplicating things..its just that no one wants to screw up the app for sake of one silly mistake :) ..

your reply was helpful ..thanks :)
Current Student
Schools: LBS
WE 1: 3 years in accounting (part-time during education)
WE 2: 5 years in IT-consulting (full-time)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2011, 09:07
Hello everyone. Count me in for R1.

I confirm the problem with third job essay. I contacted both tech support and adcom, and they told to ignore that field even though it is marked as "required".

Posted from my mobile device Image
Intern
Intern
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 16:27
jubinell wrote:
brazas wrote:

Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.

Progress check says 68 out of 75.
Click on submission says:
Go to missing field:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

so that's 6 missing fields? that means there's one more sometwhere??

Or is it 7 missing fields excluding the GRE fields??

Just to let everybody know...the official support answer to this problem is below:
Quote:
The application form is programmed in such a way so as to consider either the GMAT or the GRE fields as required but not both.
To make sure, GRE fields are not considered as required on your form, provided that you have entered date for the GMAT ones, please click on the GMAT score field and just hit the Tab key on your keyboard. This should activate the logic accordingly and mark the GRE Fields are non-required.
Then you should be able to submit your form.
Please make sure you are using the Adobe Reader (version>7) to do so.

I followed the directions and resolved the problem.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 20:35
Can we edit fonts in the pdf file or will it be as per default setting?
1 KUDOS received
Indian Schools Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
Followers: 18

Kudos [?]: 80 [1] , given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 20:41
This post received
KUDOS
kt780 wrote:
Can we edit fonts in the pdf file or will it be as per default setting?

I don't think taht we can edit the font.

----------------------------------------------
My GMAT Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/name-of-the-game-do-not-giveup-112609.html

If you like my post, Kudos me.

Don't forget to visit me - http://mbaido.wordpress.com/

Indian Schools Moderator

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 20:42
jubinell wrote:
jubinell wrote:
brazas wrote:

Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.

Progress check says 68 out of 75.
Click on submission says:
Go to missing field:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

so that's 6 missing fields? that means there's one more sometwhere??

Or is it 7 missing fields excluding the GRE fields??

Just to let everybody know...the official support answer to this problem is below:
Quote:
The application form is programmed in such a way so as to consider either the GMAT or the GRE fields as required but not both.
To make sure, GRE fields are not considered as required on your form, provided that you have entered date for the GMAT ones, please click on the GMAT score field and just hit the Tab key on your keyboard. This should activate the logic accordingly and mark the GRE Fields are non-required.
Then you should be able to submit your form.
Please make sure you are using the Adobe Reader (version>7) to do so.

I followed the directions and resolved the problem.

Thanks Jubi

My GMAT Experience : http://gmatclub.com/forum/name-of-the-game-do-not-giveup-112609.html

Indian Schools Moderator

Kudos [?]: 80 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 26 Sep 2011, 20:45
Guys - How is apping going?

Man - it was a total drain. My brian is a frozen yogurt. Well. I am planning to submit tomorrow. Done with everything. Just checking here and there.

Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2011, 09:11
didn't face any trouble while submitting...only issue was cropping the pic...somehow every time i cropped the pic the page gave an error message...

for those of u planning to submit the app tomo..make sure u do it 2-3 hours before the deadline..u dont want any goof ups in the last minute...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Sep 2011, 23:30
Ah!! Finished submitting my application. Did not face any problems. Everything went smooth.

But do keep 2-3 hours for application submission as it takes time to check everything, upload photo, transcripts and GMAT scores & make the payment. It is better not to rush through this.
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 05:33
Still working on the essays! yikes!!!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT 1: Q V
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 7

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 53

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 06:40
Apps have been submitted! Fingers crossed. :D
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 07:44
if we have already sent the score to INSEAD do we still need to upload copy of gmat score?? not a very wise question to ask after submitting the app :)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2011, 10:46
Submitted! :)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 08:23
Just received a mail from my admission coordinator Stefanie that all my docs have been received and my file is ready to be reviewed. Now hoping that the next mail is an interview invite :-)
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 08:49
girlinblack wrote:
Just received a mail from my admission coordinator Stefanie that all my docs have been received and my file is ready to be reviewed. Now hoping that the next mail is an interview invite :-)

when did u submit??
Manager
Manager

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2011, 10:09
kt780 wrote:
when did u submit??

Submitted on 27th Sep.
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 30 Sep 2011, 10:09