Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Apr 2014, 22:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
Joined: 20 Aug 2011
Posts: 17
Location: Canada
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.49
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2011, 10:53
vanishingnerd wrote:
pocari3 wrote:
I'm thinking of applying for R1 as well. I was recently rejected for the Jan 2012 intake and going to rewrite my essays for Sept 2012 app.

However I'm worried about the Sept intake since it doesn't have internship and I'm coming from an engineering background. I'm thinking of going into consulting after and not sure how tough it will be getting a job without internship experience. Just want to hear your thoughts on that.


Well I am not an expert, but career changers are usually suggested to apply in the Jan Intake, as they have a 2 month grace period in the form of Internship. That said, internship is a nice opportunity to know how these firms operate and once employed how do you see yourself fitting with rest of the crowd.

My experiences in consulting tells me if you have proper quant skills, its not a rocket science. As you said you are an engineer, you are already analytically loaded for tasks in consulting. I assume getting a job in a consulting firm has little to do with if you did an internship or not, rather how you well you crack the case during the recruitments.

May be I am wrong, but if I were you I would try and contact INSEAD alumni/present students to know more. I hope I didnt confuse you more. :)


Hey thanks for the advice.

I heard the same thing about consulting firms not caring about internship experience. Also, I heard that consulting firms don't usually recuit for summer internship at INSEAD (not sure if it's true).
Intern
Intern
Status: Canadian Ex-Pat
Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 3
Location: United States
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT 1: 750 Q46 V48
WE: Project Management (Retail)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2011, 12:14
Hi all,

Jumping on this thread. Better late than never.

Canadian/M/31/GMAT 750

Going for R1. Will slip to R2 if I don't feel my essays are bullet proof.

8 years experience in web/e-commerce/retail operations as a business analyst & project manager.

Entrepreneur: ran own web development business for 2 years after completing a liberal arts undergrad (…go figure)

Currently living & working in Boston, MA.
Recently, 2 years living & working in Japan.
Long ago, 2 years living in Taiwan.

Post INSEAD: Going to break into management consulting in London, then Brazil or Australia, --> Singapore (Best thing about the world is that it's round!)

Any tips for converting/explaining a less than stellar academic performance in my undergrad?
Manager
Manager
Joined: 21 Sep 2008
Posts: 194
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: INSEAD '14
GMAT Date: 08-15-2012
GPA: 3.57
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 17

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 13 Sep 2011, 07:23
Okay I've changed my mind, I'm applying Round 2 for Sept 12 or Round 1 for Jan 13. My initial reasoning for the Sept intake was that I'd have awesome grades (i.e. the Dean's List) to show recruiters during the full-time recruiting season because an internship isn't a total guarantee (the grades don't come out in time for internship recruitment and why would a consulting firm want a baker with nothing sexier than cupcakes and Nobel Laureate on her CV).
_________________

Life with the GMAT:

Jerome: Ben, c'est 20 secondes de plus qu'hier sur le meme parcours! C'etait bien le meme parcours la, non?!
Gigi: Mais t'enerve pas, Jerome, je crois que t'as accroche une porte.
Jerome: *$&#(*%&(*#%&

Intern
Intern
Joined: 10 Aug 2011
Posts: 38
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2011, 03:10
round 1 deadline is less than 2 weeks away now! when is everyone thinking of submitting? (good luck to all!) :)
Manager
Manager
Status: 2012!!!
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 193
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 17 Sep 2011, 10:18
Hi

I have recently changed my job and have been with the new firm for less than a month. I m having difficulty in finishing the First job description essay, since there are no 'results achieved' and 'leadership examples' yet. How should I tackle this problem?

Thanks!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2011, 13:42
Application submitted, picture uploaded, transcripts uploaded and fee paid. :shock: :shock:

Still waiting for one recommender to submit the form.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2011, 05:08
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Does anyone know if you can upload your supporting docs before submitting the entire app?


Looks like there are quite a few questions concerning this issue.
I actually contacted admission and the answer I got was: submit all supporting docs whenever you can, but they won't tell you whether they have received the docs or not UNTIL you have submitted your application.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2011, 06:27
jubinell wrote:
FatRiverPuff wrote:
Does anyone know if you can upload your supporting docs before submitting the entire app?


Looks like there are quite a few questions concerning this issue.
I actually contacted admission and the answer I got was: submit all supporting docs whenever you can, but they won't tell you whether they have received the docs or not UNTIL you have submitted your application.



I uploaded the supporting docs after submitting the main form. It was a simple and straightforward process.

You can either submit the files as jpeg or pdf.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:07
Anybody having troubles submitting the application?
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:19
jubinell wrote:
Anybody having troubles submitting the application?
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?


If you are using Adobe X, you can click on "Highlight existing fields" to add a red box around the required fields and easily check the missing ones.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:42
brazas wrote:
jubinell wrote:
Anybody having troubles submitting the application?
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?


If you are using Adobe X, you can click on "Highlight existing fields" to add a red box around the required fields and easily check the missing ones.


Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed the only fields that are still empty are the GRE fields. What should I do?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 06:49
jubinell wrote:
brazas wrote:
jubinell wrote:
Anybody having troubles submitting the application?
I have the GRE fields empty because I took the GMAT (so I don't need GRE scores, right?) but every time I click the Submit button Adobe tells me to go to view my incomplete fields. T_T Any advice?


If you are using Adobe X, you can click on "Highlight existing fields" to add a red box around the required fields and easily check the missing ones.


Thanks for the response. Yes, indeed the only fields that are still empty are the GRE fields. What should I do?


Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 09:09
brazas wrote:

Have you clicked the button: Check your progress on page 3 of the form?

There you can see how many fields are still to be filled.

GRE is not mandatory. I left my GRE fields empty too.


Progress check says 68 out of 75.
Click on submission says:
Go to missing field:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

so that's 6 missing fields? that means there's one more sometwhere??

Or is it 7 missing fields excluding the GRE fields??
Intern
Intern
Joined: 18 Sep 2011
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2011, 21:43
informative post...
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 07:39
so...anybody with a successful submission can tell me...did you have to fill out the GRE fields? And if not, when you checked the number of questions answered on page 3, did it say 75/75 for required fields?

Still waiting for an answer from INSEAD tech support.
I'm glad this didn't take place on the night of the 28th.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Joined: 13 Jan 2011
Posts: 380
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 16

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 29

GMAT Tests User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 07:57
jubinell wrote:
so...anybody with a successful submission can tell me...did you have to fill out the GRE fields? And if not, when you checked the number of questions answered on page 3, did it say 75/75 for required fields?

Still waiting for an answer from INSEAD tech support.
I'm glad this didn't take place on the night of the 28th.


I did not fill out the GRE field. When you click submit, there will be an auto popup that you may click on that will lead you the required fields that you did not fill out.
_________________

*******************************************************************
~ PickyTooth - Eat Like a Local Foodie // www.pickytooth.com ~
*******************************************************************

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:29
enkie wrote:
jubinell wrote:
so...anybody with a successful submission can tell me...did you have to fill out the GRE fields? And if not, when you checked the number of questions answered on page 3, did it say 75/75 for required fields?

Still waiting for an answer from INSEAD tech support.
I'm glad this didn't take place on the night of the 28th.


I did not fill out the GRE field. When you click submit, there will be an auto popup that you may click on that will lead you the required fields that you did not fill out.


I didn't fill it out either.

Btw, just got the confirmation that my files are ok and my coordinator is Anne Nigl.
Intern
Intern
Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 32
Schools: Insead '13 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 08:51
So nobody is having difficulties except me. Haiz.

Yes, I click on the submit button and the fields that still are still empty show up as:
gre.count
gre.date.0.day
gre.date.0.month
gre.date.0.year
gre.quant.0
gre.verbal.0

T_T
Manager
Manager
Status: 2012!!!
Joined: 10 Sep 2010
Posts: 193
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 18

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 23 Sep 2011, 09:55
I have not submitted the application yet. Where can I upload the scanned documents?
I am unable to find any link in the application where I need to upload the transcripts etc..

Please help

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Joined: 24 Nov 2009
Posts: 106
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 14

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2011, 01:45
career goals and why INSEAD essay has a word limit of 300+250 = 550..but as soon as i paste anything above 300 ..word count turns red...am i missing something..or there s a problem with pdf file??

thanks
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2011, 01:45
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. New 50 INSEAD 2012 - Calling All Applicants boeinz 1555 18 Dec 2010, 08:51
Popular new posts 287 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants Vips0000 2672 27 Nov 2012, 23:35
Sticky, new posts 76 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants Domrep 903 14 Jul 2013, 06:01
Sticky, new posts 2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  59    Next  [ 1179 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.