Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 01:09
1
This post received
KUDOS
sandymp wrote:
I just submitted my INSEAD Application for round 3 for the Sept 2012 intake.
I was quite happy with my Gmat score (700), especially since I studied for it in just 4 weeks. However, this forum shows there's quite a competition out there :)

Anybody else applying for round 3?


I submitted too and just received the completed notification Email:) Good luck for all of us.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 57
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 04:36
sanjuro9 wrote:
@oneyearmba - thanks for your note. I am past that point of debating which round to apply. The way I see it, most of their statistics is annual (that is takes into account both promotions). So, if they are, say, at capacity for one promotion and they get this decent application, they will rather go ahead and take her and then perhaps reduce the class size the next promotion.

Since you have visited both campuses, I will definitely be interested to hear what you observed during your campus visit, interaction with students and alumni.


Thank you. my impression about INSEAD after visiting them and talked particularly with "younger" alumni, I would say: It is really good school, very very global, you can see students from across the globe. you live true diversity, I liked Singapore campus more, I think because the city itself is more livable than fonty although that the fonty campus is obvious the mother campus, large, and well designed. BUT the basic IDEA is: which good for me US two year program or one year program? I'll be sponsored by my company and hence career wise isn't that crucial for me BUT network is very important. However, gaining good education is always the main reason for pursuing MBA. based on this, I believe that US programs are generally better to give you excellent education and prepare you well. INSEAD is for someone who already have business education and experiences. The most common comment among ALL the alumni I met is that the course is too fast so that u can't really go in-depth to certain specialty or get most of the experience. another common comment si about the true strong alumni network especially in Europe, Middle East, and Asia. however, u should bear in mind that alumni loyalty is not european thing it is an american one. hence, don't expect that strong support from INSEAD alumni as u expect it from top american school. but I believe this will be enhancing over time, and the alumni are becoming more aware of this. Why I insisted to meet younger alumni because the impact (positive or negative) of the school on the graduate is still fresh and more obvious than it is on older and well established people. Generally speaking and as one of the alumni told me: top american (top 15) schools can serve you in and outside US, but INSEAD serve u outside US only. for me, I also, visited Tuck, Columbia, Fuqua, and Yale in the US. the school that I really "loved" for its atmosphere and extremely friendly students is Fuqua.
if you have any further question please let me know>>
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 05:40
@sandymp, @walktalk where are you guys from? what industry and function?

@sandymp - your profile is unique. gmat is just a tiny part of the equation. good luck.

@walktalk - when did you submit and when you received the confirmation? i am yet to get any emails.
_________________

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 07:50
oneyearmba wrote:
Thank you. my impression about INSEAD ...


Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.
_________________

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Location: Turkey
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 2.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 07:57
1
This post received
KUDOS
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:
Thank you. my impression about INSEAD ...


Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.


Guys you are in the wrong thread, in fact in the wrong rubrique:) :) :) :)
(Please see how many smileys I have put there before we start a disciussion :) )
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

how long does it take before they start sending out intervie [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 12:43
1
This post received
KUDOS
ok, just sent in my application the other day.... cant wait for the result.

got an interview with judge in a few weeks. and the thing is that i want to be able to pick the one i like.

does anyone know how long it takes before they start sending out interview invites-
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: how long does it take before they start sending out intervie [#permalink] New post 22 Mar 2012, 13:04
nominomi wrote:
ok, just sent in my application the other day.... cant wait for the result.

got an interview with judge in a few weeks. and the thing is that i want to be able to pick the one i like.

does anyone know how long it takes before they start sending out interview invites-


Cool. where else have you applied this year? looking at discussions from previous threads, seems like peeps started receiving invite a week before the decision date. That would make it mid April.

3 weeks... seems like 3 years... at least we have the forum keep us company..

brahms00 wrote:
sanjuro9 wrote:
oneyearmba wrote:
Thank you. my impression about INSEAD ...


Fuqua is a great school. No doubt you loved it. Good luck in your application process.


Guys you are in the wrong thread, in fact in the wrong rubrique:) :) :) :)
(Please see how many smileys I have put there before we start a disciussion :) )


lol..

@brahms00, if i remember it right you had only applied to INSEAD. I read recently somewhere on how a large percentage of applicants apply only to INSEAD. For a while, I thought I was the only one and truly the dumbest guy in the world. I mean who in their right mind would apply to only one business school?

Now I wonder what drives this?
_________________

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 06:12
so far i have only applied to insead and judge.

I have a good feeling, we'll se how this goes. but the wait is killing me!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Posts: 15
Schools: Insead '13
GPA: 3.3
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: how long does it take before they start sending out intervie [#permalink] New post 25 Mar 2012, 06:19
lol..

@brahms00, if i remember it right you had only applied to INSEAD. I read recently somewhere on how a large percentage of applicants apply only to INSEAD. For a while, I thought I was the only one and truly the dumbest guy in the world. I mean who in their right mind would apply to only one business school?

Now I wonder what drives this?[/quote]

I applied only INSEAD as well because I think it is the best fit. And well.. too lazy and too busy to apply others.:)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Mar 2012
Posts: 18
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 660 Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2012, 12:44
trying to find out what date the september class starts, but i cant seem to find it anywere...

have i gone cross-eyed by all the essay writing, or is it hard to find the date on their web page?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 05 Aug 2011
Posts: 26
Location: Turkey
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
GMAT 1: Q V
GPA: 2.7
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 3

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2012, 23:44
Hi Sanjuro,

Yes, I've only applied to INSEAD and it would be my first preference in any case (I mean it, no matter which other school). But of course INSEAD is not the only school I would have agreed to go if I had been accepted and found financing.

The reasons to why I have only applied to INSEAD are as follows
First financing, I prefer to be in Europe (I do not like the idea that %90 of all graduates of an MBA program starts to work in a 500m^2 area :) ) and there are few schools who guarantee a loan to prospective students. INSEAD also does not guarantee but Prodigy Finance is a feasible option. (For instance LBS's HSBC Loan explicity states that one's borrowing ability depends on her current financial situation, wheras prodigy states that it depends on potential financial situation. My loan application has been just approved :)

Second, I have nothing distinctive, average gmat, low gpa, less managerial experience. When I hypothetically compare myself with other MBA candidates, if I have any advantage, it comes from international motivation. I speak four languages more or less fluently, I had lived in Belarus (till now only one admit from that country).
So, among top MBA programs my chances were much better with INSEAD.

Good luck to you. (MBA connect is curently 462, will let you know about further changes)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 88
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Schools: INSEAD '14 (A)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 00:33
brahms00 wrote:
Hi Sanjuro,

Yes, I've only applied to INSEAD and it would be my first preference in any case (I mean it, no matter which other school). But of course INSEAD is not the only school I would have agreed to go if I had been accepted and found financing.

The reasons to why I have only applied to INSEAD are as follows
First financing, I prefer to be in Europe (I do not like the idea that %90 of all graduates of an MBA program starts to work in a 500m^2 area :) ) and there are few schools who guarantee a loan to prospective students. INSEAD also does not guarantee but Prodigy Finance is a feasible option. (For instance LBS's HSBC Loan explicity states that one's borrowing ability depends on her current financial situation, wheras prodigy states that it depends on potential financial situation. My loan application has been just approved :)

Second, I have nothing distinctive, average gmat, low gpa, less managerial experience. When I hypothetically compare myself with other MBA candidates, if I have any advantage, it comes from international motivation. I speak four languages more or less fluently, I had lived in Belarus (till now only one admit from that country).
So, among top MBA programs my chances were much better with INSEAD.

Good luck to you. (MBA connect is curently 462, will let you know about further changes)


Just to add to what brahms said, I can also tell you why I applied only to INSEAD:

In the end of the day, an MBA is nothing more and nothing less than a door opener. So what really counts is brand, quality of your network and connections with companies. (the learning aspect is also important, but I truly believe that you can get a very good education anywhere).

It also matters where you want to live after the MBA. In my case, I was not planning to be bound to a region or as specific country. My plan was to have a global career and be able to go wherever I want.

Additionaly, to maximize my investment, I was only looking to one year MBAs.

That being said, the only school, among the one year MBAs, that would allow me to achieve my goals on a global scale was INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Location: Hong Kong
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 01:14
nominomi wrote:
trying to find out what date the september class starts, but i cant seem to find it anywere...

have i gone cross-eyed by all the essay writing, or is it hard to find the date on their web page?


Hi nominomi:
I had the same question, and emailed the school. They have sent me the complete academic calendarl
P1: 27/08 - 24/10
P2: 29/10 - 18/12
P3: 7/01 - 26/02
P4: 6/03 - 26/04
P5: 6/05 - 26/06

There's alos something called the "Business Foundations Programme from 21-25 August (so the 1 week before classes start). I don't know exactly what it is, and whether it's mandatory or not.

Hope that helps :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2012
Posts: 32
Location: Hong Kong
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 01:23
What is the role of the "Admissions officer" ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 11
Schools: Insead '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 02:29
sandymp wrote:
nominomi wrote:
trying to find out what date the september class starts, but i cant seem to find it anywere...

have i gone cross-eyed by all the essay writing, or is it hard to find the date on their web page?


Hi nominomi:
I had the same question, and emailed the school. They have sent me the complete academic calendarl
P1: 27/08 - 24/10
P2: 29/10 - 18/12
P3: 7/01 - 26/02
P4: 6/03 - 26/04
P5: 6/05 - 26/06

There's alos something called the "Business Foundations Programme from 21-25 August (so the 1 week before classes start). I don't know exactly what it is, and whether it's mandatory or not.

Hope that helps :)



The business foundations programme is not mandatory - its just a one week programme that is made for people that don’t necessarily have a quantitative background. The course structure is as follows:

Financial Accounting:
- Mechanics of Financial Accounting - double entry bookkeeping, Journal entries and T-accounts
- Preparing financial statements (Income statements, Balance sheets, Cash Flow Statements)
- Basic ratio analysis

Finance:
- Compound interest, present and future value (annual and sub-annual period)
- Annuities and Perpetuities (constant and growing)
- Net Present Value and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Working capital requirements

Quantitative Methods:
- Marginal Analysis and Cost Functions
- Differential Calculus and Marginal Analysis
- Supply and Demand
- Descriptive Statistics (Basics, Linear Combinations and Covariance)
- Discrete Probability Distributions
- Continuous Distributions
- Simple Regression and Correlation
- Simulation Demonstration

However, alot of the subjects are covered in the pre-reading material.

Regards,
Bjorn
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 07:48
bjormadi, are you planning on taking the business foundation course?
_________________

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Oct 2011
Posts: 11
Schools: Insead '13 (M)
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 29 Mar 2012, 09:34
sanjuro9 wrote:
bjormadi, are you planning on taking the business foundation course?


Hi Sanjuro,

No, I think I'm going to try to wing it without the course ;-) Besides I think its pretty achievable to build your knowledge up on these subjects on your own before the start of term, and having an extra 1600 EUR in the pocket isn't too bad either!!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 21:35
I applied in R3 for July 2013 Class.

Brief bkg:
Male/29/G690/Both MSc. and BEng. from Singapore and High School from China/3-yr in semiconductor and 2-yr in financial service
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Mar 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 01 Apr 2012, 21:39
sandymp wrote:
I just submitted my INSEAD Application for round 3 for the Sept 2012 intake.
I was quite happy with my Gmat score (700), especially since I studied for it in just 4 weeks. However, this forum shows there's quite a competition out there :)

Anybody else applying for round 3?



I also applied in R3 for Sept. 2012 intake.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2011
Posts: 241
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 73 [0], given: 36

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Apr 2012, 13:31
anyone with interview invites yet? from looking at last year's thread, interview invites may start flowing towards the end of this week or beginning next week.
_________________

http://sanjuro9.tumblr.com

Re: INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 02 Apr 2012, 13:31
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
46 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD Calling all Applicants(SEPT 2015 Intake)Class of 2016 farhanc85 156 17 Jun 2014, 04:35
2 Experts publish their posts in the topic Insead Sept 2014 Intake - Calling all Admitted Students Diver 10 26 Dec 2013, 20:48
288 Experts publish their posts in the topic INSEAD -January 2014 Intake - Calling All Applicants Vips0000 2672 27 Nov 2012, 23:35
50 INSEAD 2012 - Calling All Applicants boeinz 1555 18 Dec 2010, 08:51
Display posts from previous: Sort by

INSEAD Sept 2012 Intake - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  59    Next  [ 1179 posts ] 



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.