Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
spp1188 wrote:
ThePot wrote:
spp1188 wrote:
Got an email today inviting me to interview (though I'm already going to campus next week). Still, if they've already managed to look at the application submitted a couple days ago, that's impressive. Anyone else get an invite yet?

Nope. When did you submit your application? No email whatsoever.

I submitted my materials on Saturday morning, and my letters were submitted Sunday night.

Thats an unusually fast turnaround time. They must really like you :lol: :lol:

I submitted everything on the Monday (12th Jan)

I logged in my Owen application page just now, and I see the status of 'GMAT or GRE Score' as still 'awaiting'. (I submitted official GMAT report from mba.com after the deadline and got their approval that its ok to submit it later on)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: Owen '17 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
Received an invite to interview with Owen today!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Investors deserve earlier notification of corporate audit fees
The fees charged by independent auditors should be released to the public as soon as they are negotiated instead of waiting a year until a firm’s annual proxy statement is issued as is the custom now, new research argues.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
FROM Owen Press Releases: Owen Executive Development Institute announces spring sessions
The Owen Executive Development Institute has announced its schedule of programs for spring 2015. Vanderbilt employees can receive a 15 percent discount on all sessions.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
nyknicks4412 wrote:

me too
Manager
Manager
Send PM
angelazw wrote:
nyknicks4412 wrote:

me too

May I know what country you from? And when did you submit your app?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.31
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
I got my invite the same day as theirs.

U.S. and I submitted the day of, or the day before, the deadline
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.74
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,

I applied for Owen in RD 2 and am waiting to hear back as well. I am getting out of the military this spring and am interested in pre-MBA opportunities in Nashville and elsewhere. I interviewed at Owen back in November with Mrs. St-John during the "Discover Weekend." I would definitely encourage a visit if you have the time.

I think I've narrowed my preferences down to Fuqua and Owen if I get accepted to either. Exciting times ahead - look forward to hearing more experiences as notification approaches for RD 2.

Originally posted by corbettas on 25 Jan 2015, 10:45.
Last edited by corbettas on 26 Jan 2015, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
corbettas wrote:
Hi all,

I applied for Owen in RD 2 and am waiting to hear back as well. I am an getting out of the military this spring and am interested in pre-MBA opportunities in Nashville and elsewhere. I interviewed at Owen back in November with Mrs. St-John during the "Discover Weekend." I would definitely encourage a visit if you have the time.

I think I've narrowed my preferences down to Fuqua and Owen if I get accepted to either. Exciting times ahead - look forward to hearing more experiences as notification approaches for RD 2.

I think those two are tied for my top choice as well, with Goizueta at Emory as a very close second. I didn't do the open interview at Fuqua so hoping to hear back on 2/4 that I got invited to interview! Best of luck to us both!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 2.74
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Chem,

It sounds like we are in very similar boats. Goizueta is second behind Fuqua and Owen for me as well. I was very unimpressed with Kenan-Flagler and McDonough has not seemed eager to sell themselves. Just my opinion based off a few visits and phone interactions.

I did the open interview at Fuqua with a second-year student and definitely did not feel as good leaving that interview as I did with Owen's in November.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
ChemE2MBA wrote:
corbettas wrote:
Hi all,

I applied for Owen in RD 2 and am waiting to hear back as well. I am an getting out of the military this spring and am interested in pre-MBA opportunities in Nashville and elsewhere. I interviewed at Owen back in November with Mrs. St-John during the "Discover Weekend." I would definitely encourage a visit if you have the time.

I think those two are tied for my top choice as well, with Goizueta at Emory as a very close second. I didn't do the open interview at Fuqua so hoping to hear back on 2/4 that I got invited to interview! Best of luck to us both!

My choice came down to Owen and Duke. Obliviously choose Owen for a few reasons. IF you have any questions while you make decisions let me know. Rooting for everyone on here.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I had my visit and interview on Friday. Happy to provide any feedback for those interested.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
thisisatestonlyatest wrote:
ChemE2MBA wrote:
corbettas wrote:
Hi all,

My choice came down to Owen and Duke. Obliviously choose Owen for a few reasons. IF you have any questions while you make decisions let me know. Rooting for everyone on here.

What made you choose Vanderbilt?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
spp1188 wrote:
I had my visit and interview on Friday. Happy to provide any feedback for those interested.

I'd be interested in your thoughts.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [9]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Kudos