Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 03:59

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
2 KUDOS received
Vanderbilt Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Posts: 86
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: Q V0
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 53 [2] , given: 78

Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 18 Jul 2014, 04:37
2
This post received
KUDOS
2 KUDOS received
Vanderbilt Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Posts: 86
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: Q V0
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 53 [2] , given: 78

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 23 Jul 2014, 13:00
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hey, I am a current student going into the class of 2016. If anyone has any questions I wold love to answer them. Anything seriously. Class, admissions, essays, city, why I chose this school. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.

Last edited by thisisatestonlyatest on 07 Aug 2014, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2014
Posts: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2014, 21:17
thisisatestonlyatest wrote:
Hey, I am a current student going into the class of 2016. If anyone has any questions I wold love to answer them. Anything seriously. Class, admissions, essays, city, why i chose this school. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you.


Hi, It would be interesting to know why did you choose Owen over all other schools you've been accepted to. Also, how is Owen's focus on General Management & Strategy, something I want to take up.

Thanks !
4 KUDOS received
Vanderbilt Thread Master
User avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2013
Posts: 86
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: Q V0
WE: Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 53 [4] , given: 78

Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2014, 10:21
4
This post received
KUDOS
Certainly. First, the school has a unique feel. The class is very intelligent and inclusive. The admissions team and the students here will do what it takes to get a person with the right fit to come to this school. It is very inclusive as compared to the other schools I visited and was accepted to. The school is on the rise and is one of the most prestigious and selective schools as a university across the board. The undergrad is ranked 17th and I am sure that will go up this year as the class and placements were better. Needless to say the Vanderbilt is more prestigious than other schools in the same ranking tier as us for MBAs. NYU, Texas, UNC, Indiana, Georgetown, Norte Dame and Carnegie Mellon are all good schools but do not carry the prestige that Vanderbilt does. This is on the rise too! The city is amazing as compared to other schools in the same tier. Ithaca is pretty but in the middle of nowhere. Chapel hill isn't too great, Durham is worse, South bend is in the middle of nowhere, Austin is ok, bloomington is in the middle of nowhere, DC is ok and NY is cool. The school is in a great part of town and is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. not to mention a huge tourist destination. Also there is the live music and soul of the city which is awesome. The placement is good at the school in multiple areas. We just replaced Harvard on Deutsche banks core school list. We also recently added Citi so again the school prestige is on the rise not only in the rankings but in the eyes of recruiters. Bill Bain is an alumni so is the founder of McKinsey and there is a renewed interest from those employers in the school. Goldman Sachs takes a few a year. The associate dean from Tuck has come to Vanderbilt and Associate Dean of admissions from Tuck followed him. They are definitely driving the rise in the school and you can tell with the last few classes and placements. But above all was the people here. Other schools came across as stuck up but here there is a sense of community and you don't find many people that seem entitled. Honestly it was my favorite school.

Last edited by thisisatestonlyatest on 27 Aug 2014, 12:08, edited 1 time in total.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 May 2014
Posts: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 2

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2014, 00:27
1
This post received
KUDOS
thisisatestonlyatest wrote:
Certainly. First the school has a unique feel. The class is very intelligent and inclusive. The admissions team and the students here will do what it takes to get a person with the right fit to come to this school. It is very inclusive as compared to the other schools I visited and was accepted to. The school is on the rise and is one of the most prestigious and selective schools as a university across the board. The undergrad is ranked 17th and I am sure that will go up this year as the class and placements were better. Needless to say the Vanderbilt is more prestigious than other schools in the same ranking tier as us for MBAs. NYU, Texas, UNC, Indiana, Georgetown, Norte Dame and Carnegie Mellon are all good schools but do not carry the prestige that Vanderbilt does. This is on the rise too! The city is amazing as compared to other schools in the same tier. Ithaca is pretty but in the middle of nowhere. Chapel hill isn't too great, Durham is worse, South bend is in the middle of nowhere, Austin is ok, bloomington is in the middle of nowhere, DC is ok and NY is cool. The school is in a great part of town and is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. not to mention a huge tourist destination. Also there is the live music and soul of the city which is awesome. The placement is good at the school in multiple areas. We just replaced Harvard on Deutsche banks core school list. We also recently added Citi so again the school prestige is on the rise not only in the rankings but in the yes of recruiters. Bill Bain is an alumni so is the founder of McKinsey and there is a renewed interest from those employers in the school. Goldman Sachs takes a few a year. The associate dean from Tuck has come to Vanderbilt and Associate Dean of admissions from Tuck followed him. They are definitely driving the rise in the school and you can tell with the last few classes and placements. But above all was the people here. Other schools came across as stuck up but here there is a sense of community and you don't find many people that seem entitled. Honestly it was my favorite school.


Wow, thanks for the detailed insight into your decision criteria, I am sure it would have been a tough choice. I have a real good vibe about Owen and am definitely applying in R1. Any suggestion for the application will be really helpful :)
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [2] , given: 4

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2014, 06:46
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hi All, I am part of MBA class of 2016. I'll be happy to answer your ques during & after your application.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2014, 00:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
mbanerd16 wrote:
Hi All, I am part of MBA class of 2016. I'll be happy to answer your ques during & after your application.



Hi I have a query.

Does OWEN accept GRE score??

I have a GRE score of 1400 and a GMAT score of 610.

Confused which one to apply with??

Your guidance will be much appreciated.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 03 Oct 2013
Posts: 198
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 4

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 24 Aug 2014, 06:38
1
This post received
KUDOS
You can apply with GRE score too. I recommend you to retake GMAT. It is always good to have your GMAT score for your recruiters.
GRE is new for b schools and I don't know how they evaluate candidates using both GRE & GMAT.

When did you take GRE? I think GRE is graded on a scale of 130-170 for both verbal & quant. Is you score still valid?

Can you please tell me more about your background?

anjubaid wrote:
mbanerd16 wrote:
Hi All, I am part of MBA class of 2016. I'll be happy to answer your ques during & after your application.



Hi I have a query.

Does OWEN accept GRE score??

I have a GRE score of 1400 and a GMAT score of 610.

Confused which one to apply with??

Your guidance will be much appreciated.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Mar 2014
Posts: 6
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 3

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 27 Aug 2014, 06:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
mbanerd16 wrote:
You can apply with GRE score too. I recommend you to retake GMAT. It is always good to have your GMAT score for your recruiters.
GRE is new for b schools and I don't know how they evaluate candidates using both GRE & GMAT.

When did you take GRE? I think GRE is graded on a scale of 130-170 for both verbal & quant. Is you score still valid?

Can you please tell me more about your background?

anjubaid wrote:
mbanerd16 wrote:
Hi All, I am part of MBA class of 2016. I'll be happy to answer your ques during & after your application.



I am from india.
24 M
working in a top tech firm.(20 months experience as of today.)

I am working on a business tool, with finance as my module.
I took my GRE in 2012 ....so yes the score is still valid

my academics are good
plus my Extra circular is very good.
working with many NGOs. founder of
an NGO myself.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 13 Dec 2013
Posts: 4
Location: United States
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Asset Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 12 [1] , given: 9

Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink] New post 05 Sep 2014, 11:11
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hey prospective Class of 2017ers! I'm also a current student in the class of 2016 and would be happy to answer any questions as well.

A lot of great things going on at Vandy at the moment - excited to be here!
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2014, 11:11
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all GeorgiaTech Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 Narenn 1 18 Jul 2014, 05:43
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all NUS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 Narenn 2 05 Jul 2014, 07:27
29 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 politricks 68 24 Jun 2014, 05:10
5 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all NYU-Stern Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 Narenn 9 08 Jun 2014, 12:33
1 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all MIT-LGO Applicants(2015 Intake) -Class of 2017 Narenn 4 08 Jun 2014, 05:48
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.