Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance/Investment Management
WE 1: 8 years
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Consulting
Schools:Ross , Fuqua, Goizueta , Harvard , Tuck, Sloan
 Q49  V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: strategy
Schools:Tuck(ding), McCombs(ding), Ross(WL), UNC(Int)
Send PM
Re: Calling Ross Fall 2011 Round 2 (Wait listed Applicants ONLY) [#permalink]
I read somewhere that we can send recommendation by someone from ross community? Any idea how to send that?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@Hiralal (DP)

No idea. But did you already find someone who can recommend you?

https://rossblogs.typepad.com/admissions ... index.html

If you read Soojin's blog post on April 2010, it says, having current students or alumni lie about you doesn't help anything.

It seems that the only thing they would care is a promotion in job, new certifications or improved GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
I was wondering if this would help: I was actually interested in the MBA/MPP program at U Michigan and I did indicate in my Ross application that I was considering the dual degree program. Now, I just got an admit to the Ford School of Public Policy on Friday :-D (or should I say recommendeded for admission since the Rackham School confirms the admission). I am hoping for some scholarship as well from the Ford School and I was wondering if this is something I can mention in my waitlist update letter (I will probably do it once I get the scholarship and Rackham confirms my admission). Of course, I am aware that admission to the Ford School is not a guarantee that one will get an admission to Ross. I was just curious if this is something I should mention since I was really interested in the MBA/MPP program at Michigan and I can include that in my waistlist update letter as something that I want to do because of the connections between the private and public sectors (something that highly interests me!). Your thoughts are welcome......
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools:Ross 2012
Send PM
Best of luck to all the waitlisters!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
@abogz78 @ all

Here is the 2010 chat transcript for Wait Listed Candidates.
https://www.accepted.com/chat/Transcript ... _ross.aspx
BSchool Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Consulting, Strategy
Schools:Booth
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
sniper18 wrote:
@abogz78 @ all

This is good stuff.

To an earlier poster: "I'm glad you've had a chance to connect with members of the Ross community and I hope you've had a positive experience. Connecting with the Ross community is not an update that is germane to our evaluation."

Additional Recos: "We don't put a lot of value on additional recommendations at this stage. We look at the recommendations that you've already submitted for this type of information."

I found this the most interesting: "We only want significant updates from waitlisted candidates, so we don't expect to hear from you."
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: LEED AP
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Them green buildings, y'all.
Schools:GSB(R1) Haas(R1) Wharton(R1) Kellogg(R1) Ross(R2) Tepper(R2)
 Q45  V45
GPA: 3.67
WE 1: 4.5 yrs in architecture.
Send PM
jb88 wrote:
sniper18 wrote:
@abogz78 @ all

This is good stuff.

To an earlier poster: "I'm glad you've had a chance to connect with members of the Ross community and I hope you've had a positive experience. Connecting with the Ross community is not an update that is germane to our evaluation."

Additional Recos: "We don't put a lot of value on additional recommendations at this stage. We look at the recommendations that you've already submitted for this type of information."

I found this the most interesting: "We only want significant updates from waitlisted candidates, so we don't expect to hear from you."

That significant updates thing is killing me. I want to express interest, but there aren't many titular upgrades going around at small architecture firms these days...
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
exactly. am super interested in Ross but dont have any significant update to give them. They should have taken no more update policy. That is better than this "significant' updates only.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
There is no update from me either. Does this mean those who have a 'real' update are going to get lucky?
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V45
Send PM
reapplicant wrote:
exactly. am super interested in Ross but dont have any significant update to give them. They should have taken no more update policy. That is better than this "significant' updates only.

There was some talk in that chat transcript of new roles (leadership?) and new initiatives at work being applicable. Perhaps that leaves some wiggle room?
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
I think they make it pretty clear as to what constitutes significant. I have personally ruled against sending in an alumni reco letter. I will probably be submitting info on an award I'm due to receive at the end of the month and will also include some additional "profile building" info if relevant (add'l. int'l. experience; new project in one of my ECs). Without the significant award (10% of salary) I would probably not be submitting anything.

I am a bit surprised by them suggesting mid-April for GMAT updates. While I intend to retake, will definitely not be ready by then.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 189 [0]
Send PM
jb88 wrote:
I am a bit surprised by them suggesting mid-April for GMAT updates. While I intend to retake, will definitely not be ready by then.

I think the GMAT score can be submitted at any time while you are on the waitlist. I guess the April 22nd deadline is for any other updates.

"Waitlisted applicants may provide one update letting us know of significant changes since your application was submitted (e.g., job change, promotion, award). This update should be submitted online. Aside from a new GMAT, GRE, or TOEFL score, which may be submitted at any time while you are on the waitlist, this will be your only opportunity to submit an update. For Round 2 applicants, we will not accept or consider any updates submitted after April 22 at 5 PM (EST)."
BSchool Forum Moderator
Send PM
crack700 wrote:
I think the GMAT score can be submitted at any time while you are on the waitlist. I guess the April 22nd deadline is for any other updates.

"Waitlisted applicants may provide one update letting us know of significant changes since your application was submitted (e.g., job change, promotion, award). This update should be submitted online. Aside from a new GMAT, GRE, or TOEFL score, which may be submitted at any time while you are on the waitlist, this will be your only opportunity to submit an update. For Round 2 applicants, we will not accept or consider any updates submitted after April 22 at 5 PM (EST)."

Yes, but in last year's chat they explicitly stated: "we would recommend you taking the GMAT and sending us the score before April 15th."

Someone explicitly asked about mid-May and received the same response.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
FYI the online page at waitlist FAQ is up and running. (It used to return "survey has expired" but now you may enter any relevant information)

I haven't received any email invitation yet so I am reluctant on filling in anything yet. Any brave soul would like to give this a try?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Think Booth admits today are going to make room for Ross waitlisters a bit. Am seeing quite a few double whammies over there.
Manager
Manager
 Q45  V45
Send PM
Have we already discussed whether Ross will send out some admits before the ides of May?
Anyone struggling with a waitlist decision that falls after the deposit for a school that accepted them?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Schools:Ross School of Business 2013
Send PM
Kudos
fbardolph wrote:
Have we already discussed whether Ross will send out some admits before the ides of May?
Anyone struggling with a waitlist decision that falls after the deposit for a school that accepted them?

1)Put down Deposit for Tepper.
2)Wait for Ross.
3) If you get admit, think it through, and decide if you can give up that deposit to go to Ross
3a) If you don't get in, the decision is easy.

rinse and repeat.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5