Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
pqt wrote:
Guys,
Another question :
When we add referees in the app, do we need to mention their official email ids ? For my case, one of them , I had sent one of them in the personal email id.
Is there a way to edit the email id after they have already sent the recos ?

Hi pqt, Yes, almost all business schools prefer official mail ids of referees. How else would they that your references are legitimate? Please write to the support id mba@sauder.ubs.ca and request them to edit the email id. They kindly do that and also retrigger the email for us. I had a typo in one of the email ids I had entered and they helped me out with it.
Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling Sauder(British Columbia) Applicants:2016 Intke-Class of Dec 17 [#permalink]
What if the recommender , who happens to be my supervisor is uncomfortable in using his official email id (the mails are being tracked very minutely, which can actually put both him and me under scrutiny:))
In that case, I have no option but personal email id to use.
Is there a way we can mention this to adcom. I know Sauder doesn't explicitly ask for work ids but in case of schools which do ask, what are we supposed to do ?
Do we add that in optional essay info ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
pqt wrote:
What if the recommender , who happens to be my supervisor is uncomfortable in using his official email id (the mails are being tracked very minutely, which can actually put both him and me under scrutiny:))
Is there a way we can mention this to adcom. I know Sauder doesn't explicitly ask for work ids but in case of schools which do ask, what are we supposed to do ?

That's a tricky situation.. I managed to choose a couple of my previous supervisors without such issues cropping up. I specifically avoided my current supervisor. Your situation is valid and I think adcoms do understand these. I'm not sure how you'd add this to your optional essays, but would definitely recommend you get in touch with the adcom. I see you are in the US and as such it would be easy for you to call Sauder's toll free number and discuss this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hey guys
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?...
I submitted my app on 22nd oct...yet to hear back.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
manojsundar1 wrote:
Hey guys
Has anyone received an interview invite yet?...
I submitted my app on 22nd oct...yet to hear back.

not yet, we shall expect to start hearing by 15th November. They mentioned that it will take at least 2 weeks to review the application, post deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Another small question regarding recommendations :
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: PMI
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 103
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.9
WE:Operations (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
pqt wrote:
Another small question regarding recommendations :
My supervisor has known me since March,15 and he has written a reco for me. Will that duration (March till now) be good enough for a reco ?

At the risk of repeating the suggestion to the same query on the Schulich forum, here goes:-
I would say, it will, for one of the recos. You could choose the other from another supervisor who has known you longer (if that is the immediate predecessor, super!). The main thing all AdComs seem to look for is that the recommender should have known you well at work and be able to speak of "Why You" convincingly. Looked at in another light, you would be better off than somebody who takes a reco from a superior high up the ladder just for the 'weight', when that person may not directly deal with/ know traits of the candidates. So all said and done, I guess a frank discussion with your current supervisor should work out well for you! IMHO!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pqt wrote:

There is no problem using personal email IDs. I did, and sent the AdCom a mail explaining why I was doing the same. The reasons were similar to yours, but in a different kind of organization/ framework. They do understand and will concur the use of personal mails when the situation so demands. Just go ahead (if not already done!)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.6
WE:Sales (Computer Software)
Send PM
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

University fees are normally reviewed and adjusted in April or May preceding the commencement of each academic year. UBC is currently considering a proposal to raise the international fees for the UBC MBA to $66,000. Should this proposal be approved by the Board of Governors, it will apply to the August 2016 entering class. The University may adjust fees at any time with without advance notice.

Wow! That would be almost a 50% hike in fees at one shot.
But the +ve is that it is still way below the fees at other top rung schools (read Rotman, Schulich etc), amongst the 2 year programmes. Another plus is that Sauder is just a 16-month course, with an internship included, so the time off work considerably reduces = higher RoI.
"Find opportunity even in adversity" !
Any views on the subject, people? :)
And anybody yet interviewed?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
shyamnambiar wrote:
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

But the +ve is that it is still way below the fees at other top rung schools (read Rotman, Schulich etc), amongst the 2 year programmes. Another plus is that Sauder is just a 16-month course, with an internship included, so the time off work considerably reduces = higher RoI.

Not me, still waiting. Hey by the way, do we notice any changes in the application or does it just stay as such and we notified only by an email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
still waiting for the interview..does everyone who has submitted the application get an interview call or is it only a select few?...My application status still says"App Submitted"..However,when i mailed sauder,they replied that they will need 2 weeks minimum due to the high volume of applications to start sending invites.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manojsundar1 wrote:
still waiting for the interview..does everyone who has submitted the application get an interview call or is it only a select few?...My application status still says"App Submitted"..However,when i mailed sauder,they replied that they will need 2 weeks minimum due to the high volume of applications to start sending invites.

I think Sauder invites are only just about starting to go out. So nothing to worry. Just keep your fingers crossed.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
shyamnambiar wrote:
PaulArcher wrote:
From Sauder site:

Not me, still waiting. Hey by the way, do we notice any changes in the application or does it just stay as such and we notified only by an email?

I think it is only by email and not intimation on the application page.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
Guys anyone heard from Sauder?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
still waiting bro...anyone else heard back?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
Send PM
manojsundar1 wrote:
still waiting bro...anyone else heard back?

I don't think they are even responding to e-mails... Did anyone try sending e-mails? I have sent one but they haven't responded...
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  23   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts