Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GPA: 3.16
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 160
Concentration: Human Resources, Leadership
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.9
WE:Web Design (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Hi
I got interviewed by the Admissions Director on 22nd Nov and now have received an email requesting me to appear for another interview with the Director of the Career Services.

Did this happen with anyone else here? What could it possibly mean?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Operations
Send PM
Re: Calling Scheller (Georgia Tech) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
SCrimson wrote:
Hi
I got interviewed by the Admissions Director on 22nd Nov and now have received an email requesting me to appear for another interview with the Director of the Career Services.

Did this happen with anyone else here? What could it possibly mean?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks! :)

Hey, i believe someone on this forum had a similar situation. I think everyone HAS to be interviewed by a representative from Career Services. In my opinion, maybe due to some circumstances, there was no one to interview you from Career services the first time and thats why the second interview. I wouldn't worry about it. Just prepare for it the same way you did for the first interview. Just make sure that you're aware of the scope of your goals and also narrow down companies that you hope to target. Good Luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 448 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
I just got a mail titled "GT MBA decision available" however in the mail it is written that I would get the decision by today evening. Anybody got a similar email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
I just got a mail titled "GT MBA decision available" however in the mail it is written that I would get the decision by today evening. Anybody got a similar email?

The decision is already available. Check your status.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
My application status says "Dept. Decision made" which means that the decision is made but has not been informed yet. Is there anything else to check?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
My application status says "Dept. Decision made" which means that the decision is made but has not been informed yet. Is there anything else to check?

I got the same mail but my decision letter was already on the portal.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
how did you access it? Can you please guide? The mail says "Click where it shows "Georgia Tech Graduate Online Admission Form" for the term you applied for" but it's not clickable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
tarunktuteja wrote:
how did you access it? Can you please guide? The mail says "Click where it shows "Georgia Tech Graduate Online Admission Form" for the term you applied for" but it's not clickable.

I checked my status here. (https://shibboleth-idp.collegenet.com/i ... erPassword)

The decision letter was right above the application checklist.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Ok. Thanks. Then I think I'm yet to be informed about the decision, as I see no such button or text anywhere. Did you also receive an email with the decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Rejected.... goddamit
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
Has anyone who was accepted heard anything about merit aid or assistantships or anything?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AvianDentures wrote:
Has anyone who was accepted heard anything about merit aid or assistantships or anything?

Yeah if you scroll up a couple posts you'll see where I said that they offered me admission alongside a fellowship. I just received my official fellowship letter today over email.

miguelmgaspar wrote:
Rejected.... goddamit

I am very sorry to hear that. I see on your profile you've also received unfavorable news from other programs. Your GMAT score seems to be above average though, where do you think the ADCOM is dinging you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Nonprofit
GPA: 2.8
WE:Consulting (Transportation)
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
miguelmgaspar wrote:
Rejected.... goddamit

I am very sorry to hear that. I see on your profile you've also received unfavorable news from other programs. Your GMAT score seems to be above average though, where do you think the ADCOM is dinging you?
My job experience is a bit fragmented, many jobs. They did ask me specifically for this and the answer may not been satisfying. Also I spent some periods unemployed due to my country´s crisis
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
Ramrod2615 wrote:
Yeah if you scroll up a couple posts you'll see where I said that they offered me admission alongside a fellowship. I just received my official fellowship letter today over email.

that's awesome -- congrats. Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a fellowship and a graduate assistantship? I know GAs have a work requirement, but is the amount of aid the same?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
miguelmgaspar wrote:
My job experience is a bit fragmented, many jobs. They did ask me specifically for this and the answer may not been satisfying. Also I spent some periods unemployed due to my country´s crisis

I'm very surprised that that might be a reason for a ding. That seems like one of the more legitimate reasons for spotty work experience. If you don't mind me asking, how did you go about addressing it in your essays? My academic record is just north of a disaster. Bad grades, irrelevant major and extremely sporadic performance. I used as much of the optional essay to state outright that I had no excuse and expressed that my immaturity was to blame for my grades. I knew beforehand that ADCOMs don't like to see excuses, so maybe if you reapply next year, try to show this was one of the few REAL and legitimate excuses?

AvianDentures wrote:
that's awesome -- congrats. Forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between a fellowship and a graduate assistantship? I know GAs have a work requirement, but is the amount of aid the same?

Thank you! And I'm still kind of new to this as well, but from my understanding a fellowship has no stipulations other than maintaining a certain GPA while a GA requires employment within the school or university. Not sure the amounts either. I've heard (unofficially) that GA's tend to net more with the combination of stipend for the work and discounted tuition.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Send PM
Dinged! Courtesy Jim Kranzusch
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Dinged too !!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts