Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 10:53

Happy Labor Day:

Free Access to New GMATClub Tests for all GMATClub Members!!


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 100
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Schools: All R2 - Booth(attending w/$), Kellogg(WL w/int then ding), CBS(ding w/int), Harvard(ding), NYU(admit), UCLA PT(admit), USC PT(admit)
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 08:48
Congrats to all the new admits - I'm officially putting down my deposit at a full-time program today and have let UCLA and USC know that I won't be attending. I had a great experience with FEMBA especially, so it was a bit heartbreaking to not be able to attend UCLA, but such is life. The good news is that hopefully that will open up a couple of wait list spots for GMAT-Clubbers. Best of luck to all!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Apr 2011
Posts: 31
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.11
WE: Corporate Finance (Entertainment and Sports)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 6

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2011, 09:05
Congrats to all of you! I've been following these posts because I'll be applying in Round 2 at UCLA FEMBA next year. I'm currently a senior at Pepperdine -- graduating next April.

Good luck in your MBA programs! :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2011, 10:05
Good luck next year, amylucha :)

amylucha wrote:
Congrats to all of you! I've been following these posts because I'll be applying in Round 2 at UCLA FEMBA next year. I'm currently a senior at Pepperdine -- graduating next April.

Good luck in your MBA programs! :-D
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 68
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 00:37
Guys UCLA FEMBA or Haas EWMBA. What will be the pick assuming the goal is general management (I am assuming both schools are equally good in GM)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 00:45
Congrats on your acceptance, tryinghard :) You have a tough decision to make, but it's a win-win. You really can't go wrong w/ either program. I was in a similar situation. Long story short: after I didn't some more research on both schools, I found one that is a better fit. Good luck!

tryinghard wrote:
Guys UCLA FEMBA or Haas EWMBA. What will be the pick assuming the goal is general management (I am assuming both schools are equally good in GM)
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Mar 2010
Posts: 68
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 00:48
socalmba wrote:
Congrats on your acceptance, tryinghard :) You have a tough decision to make, but it's a win-win. You really can't go wrong w/ either program. I was in a similar situation. Long story short: after I didn't some more research on both schools, I found one that is a better fit. Good luck!

Thanks... well I have not gotten Haas yet, but I am hoping for the best. I have to give the initial deposit for UCLA. which one did you choose and would really like to know the reason.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 00:53
I will send you a PM w/ my answer :)

tryinghard wrote:
socalmba wrote:
Congrats on your acceptance, tryinghard :) You have a tough decision to make, but it's a win-win. You really can't go wrong w/ either program. I was in a similar situation. Long story short: after I didn't some more research on both schools, I found one that is a better fit. Good luck!

Thanks... well I have not gotten Haas yet, but I am hoping for the best. I have to give the initial deposit for UCLA. which one did you choose and would really like to know the reason.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 16:03
waiting for round 2 UCLA FEMBA result
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 16:10
1
This post received
KUDOS
Good luck, missionJmba :)

missionJmba wrote:
waiting for round 2 UCLA FEMBA result
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2011
Posts: 15
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 22:33
Hey everyone,
I'm wait listed at USC MBA.PM. Does anyone know if I should still apply for financial aid by the May 2nd deadline? Doesn't make sense to apply if I don't get in.... but still holding out on the possibility of a last minute call. Any help is much appreciated!
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 28 Apr 2011, 22:41
Hang in there. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. If you have not done it already, you should at least fill out the FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/# ). I don't think that you should necessarily apply for any loans just yet. And if you are still unsure, you should call USC's financial official and ask them what you should do. Hope this helps.

LAMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm wait listed at USC MBA.PM. Does anyone know if I should still apply for financial aid by the May 2nd deadline? Doesn't make sense to apply if I don't get in.... but still holding out on the possibility of a last minute call. Any help is much appreciated!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Schools: UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 08:37
socalmba wrote:
Hang in there. Hopefully you'll hear some good news soon. If you have not done it already, you should at least fill out the FAFSA (http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/# ). I don't think that you should necessarily apply for any loans just yet. And if you are still unsure, you should call USC's financial official and ask them what you should do. Hope this helps.

LAMBA wrote:
Hey everyone,
I'm wait listed at USC MBA.PM. Does anyone know if I should still apply for financial aid by the May 2nd deadline? Doesn't make sense to apply if I don't get in.... but still holding out on the possibility of a last minute call. Any help is much appreciated!


Thanks for the reminder!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Apr 2011
Posts: 6
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 10:14
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MBA.PM program for round 3 (out of 4 rounds) and I received an email for a video interview a couple weeks ago, which I submitted. Did everyone else who applied receive this? I’m hoping for a decision sooner rather than later, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Schools: UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 11:54
mbaapplicantsc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MBA.PM program for round 3 (out of 4 rounds) and I received an email for a video interview a couple weeks ago, which I submitted. Did everyone else who applied receive this? I’m hoping for a decision sooner rather than later, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever.


I believe so. I'm putting my video together tomorrow morning. Did a couple of test runs this week with the web cam. Really would have preferred doing something in person or over the phone.....oh well
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 08 Feb 2011
Posts: 58
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 29 Apr 2011, 14:37
Yep, I did the video. Seemed to help. Hang in there everyone. Hopefully you'll hear good news soon enough. Good luck :)

HeadedWest wrote:
mbaapplicantsc wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I applied to the MBA.PM program for round 3 (out of 4 rounds) and I received an email for a video interview a couple weeks ago, which I submitted. Did everyone else who applied receive this? I’m hoping for a decision sooner rather than later, it feels like I’ve been waiting forever.


I believe so. I'm putting my video together tomorrow morning. Did a couple of test runs this week with the web cam. Really would have preferred doing something in person or over the phone.....oh well
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Schools: UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 08 May 2011, 17:48
I got an email on Saturday that FEMBA was extending its round 3 deadline to June 1st. Email said they have up to 100 more offers to still extend.

Imagine that has got to be a good sign for some of you sitting on the wait list.

Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 May 2011
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 11:37
I applied for R3 for UCLA FEMBA. I didn't do great on the GMAT; took it once and got a 600 (34 Q, 39 V, 6.0 AWA) I have 4yrs experiences at a chemical technology firm. I have BS & MS in Engineering (2.9 UG GPA & 3.6 Grad), solid recommendations and essays that tell a consistent story. My interview seemed to go okay. However, it was hard to be sure b/c my interviewer seemed somewhat confused and uneasy uneasy (I think it was his first time interviewing).

Can someone comment on if I have a decent chance of getting into UCLA FEMBA?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 13:57
jd31507 wrote:
I applied for R3 for UCLA FEMBA. I didn't do great on the GMAT; took it once and got a 600 (34 Q, 39 V, 6.0 AWA) I have 4yrs experiences at a chemical technology firm. I have BS & MS in Engineering (2.9 UG GPA & 3.6 Grad), solid recommendations and essays that tell a consistent story. My interview seemed to go okay. However, it was hard to be sure b/c my interviewer seemed somewhat confused and uneasy uneasy (I think it was his first time interviewing).

Can someone comment on if I have a decent chance of getting into UCLA FEMBA?



Hard to say but there's always a chance. The acceptance rate is around 40% so you have that going for you but your on the low end GPA & GMAT wise. Additionally, not to get you down or anything but our profiles are pretty similar (600 GMAT, 2.4 UG & 3.5 Grad(24 units), 6 yrs finance) and I was denied. You could have upside with your chemical technology work history as its a non-traditional field for FEMBA apps and/or your an under represented minority. Furethermore, it sounds like there's around a 1/3 of the seats left to fill. Best of luck to you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 35
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 14:19
Just got the USC video invite... Wooo hoooo!!!

Anyone have any pointers? From the samples on the website it looks like a lot of people are using fancy editing, including graphics, and star wipes, etc...

Figured I'd just elaborate on my resume/work history, re-iterate some essay material for consistency, and include the all important why question. Does all this sound about right or is it to bland/boring? Thanks in advance.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Schools: UCLA, USC, Haas, NYU
WE 1: 2 years M&A
WE 2: 5 years Equity Research
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2011, 19:08
1
This post received
KUDOS
phoich55 wrote:
Figured I'd just elaborate on my resume/work history, re-iterate some essay material for consistency, and include the all important why question. Does all this sound about right or is it to bland/boring? Thanks in advance.


This is the way I went.

The instructions say treat the video like an in person interview so I scrapped a few of my more creative ideas and went with a straight shot. Went through my background and why I was a good fit for USC. Right or wrong who knows but 4 minutes is not that long...Its a difficult format but I think if you sound confident and show some personality it can't hurt.

Best of luck.
Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!!   [#permalink] 10 May 2011, 19:08
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
6 Experts publish their posts in the topic Marshall (USC): MBA.PM 2013 calling all applicants souvik101990 30 15 Feb 2013, 08:03
59 Experts publish their posts in the topic Calling all Anderson(UCLA) FEMBA 2013 Applicants! tim0thy 331 04 Nov 2012, 01:33
UCLA FEMBA (and USC MBA.PM) Fall 2008 axion1565 14 25 Oct 2007, 05:16
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!!

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 216 posts ] 



cron

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.