Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 00:24

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Applicants!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 05:45
Guys, I just got my invite from UCLA FEMBA, really excited. All the best to you guys.

Cheers....
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 2

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 08:46
Just received my notice... and I was dinged for the second year in a row :-(

At first I thought it would be good news as last year I was dinged on the final day and never heard of people getting denied before hand but it happened again only 2 weeks ahead of time. Ah well, thought I had a solid chance this time around with 35% of re-applicants making it, new essays, a job promotion to FP&A Manager, and completing multiple UCLA extension preparatory MBA classes per advice from Dylan but no dice.

Pepperdine here I come.

Good luck to everyone else.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:08
phoich55 wrote:

At first I thought it would be good news as last year I was dinged on the final day and never heard of people getting denied before hand but it happened again only 2 weeks ahead of time. Ah well, thought I had a solid chance this time around with 35% of re-applicants making it, new essays, a job promotion to FP&A Manager, and completing multiple UCLA extension preparatory MBA classes per advice from Dylan but no dice.

Pepperdine here I come.

I am sorry to hear about your denial, even i was denied at 2 other schools before I got here...
Manager
Manager
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:13
Congrats tryinghard :)

tryinghard wrote:
Guys, I just got my invite from UCLA FEMBA, really excited. All the best to you guys.

Cheers....
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:14
I'm sorry to hear that, phoich55. No worries. I'm sure that you'll do quite well at Pepperdine. It's a really good school, as well :) Good luck!

phoich55 wrote:

Pepperdine here I come.

Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:24
tryinghard wrote:
phoich55 wrote:

Pepperdine here I come.

I am sorry to hear about your denial, even i was denied at 2 other schools before I got here...

Hey Thanks a lot and no worries, it's hard getting rejected but whatta ya gonna do. You just have to learn from it and move on while making the most of where you end up.

Additionally, I'm sorry as I forgot to mention Congratulations to you in my earlier post.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:26
socalmba wrote:
I'm sorry to hear that, phoich55. No worries. I'm sure that you'll do quite well at Pepperdine. It's a really good school, as well :) Good luck!

phoich55 wrote:

Pepperdine here I come.

Thanks, yeah I look at it as I just saved myself $30k by switching to Geico, err...Pepperdine
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:28
Just got dinged from FEMBA. First time applicant, round 2. Best of luck to the rest of you..
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:38
Sorry to hear about that, LAMBA. Hopefully you will hear better news from other schools, or possibly try again next year.

LAMBA wrote:
Just got dinged from FEMBA. First time applicant, round 2. Best of luck to the rest of you..
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 09:49
Congrats on the femba and pepperdine acceptances. LAMBA, best of luck on hearing from other schools if you applied.

Hope we can all put a face to a name at some point since we'll be fellow grad students. Keep us in mind if there's an event or shindig you wouldn't mind having company for!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 12:01
got dinged R2 usc. gl to everyone else.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 12:04
Sorry to hear that, Paradox. Best of luck w/ other schools--if you applied.

Paradox wrote:
got dinged R2 usc. gl to everyone else.
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 12:07
Hi acao,

Yep. Hopefully we all can meet one day :) If I organize something small and fun (i.e., happy hours), how many people are interested? Everyone is welcome to attend.

acao wrote:
Congrats on the femba and pepperdine acceptances. LAMBA, best of luck on hearing from other schools if you applied.

Hope we can all put a face to a name at some point since we'll be fellow grad students. Keep us in mind if there's an event or shindig you wouldn't mind having company for!!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 12:30
Got wait listed by FEMBA program at UCLA too ...
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA FEMBA (In) USC(ding w/int) UCI(In)
WE 1: 5 years

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 13:46
I got my acceptance to UCLA FEMBA yesterday! I'm so excited. Can't wait to meet my fellow classmates. Congrats to everyone who got in and best of luck to everyone who didn't get the news they wanted.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 21 Apr 2011, 20:08
Got WL'ed for FEMBA R2. I was leaning towards MBA.PM anyway. :)

Congrats to those who have been accepted so far. To those who have been WL'ed or dinged, best of luck to you! Going through the app process is very time consuming and takes a lot of dedication, we should all be proud!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 06:20
I'd be up for happy hour!
mikep01 is so right about the adm process. I don't know how we applied to 4-5 colleges in hs.
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 12:30
Applied to USC.PM (University Park Campus) and UCLA FEMBA

Admitted Orange County Campus USC.PM 4/15
W/L University Park Campus USC.PM 4/15
W/L UCLA FEMBA 4/21

29 y/o - 7 years work experience Sales/Engineering
2.54 GPA
710 GMAT 48Q/40V/6.0AWA

Best of Luck All!
Intern
Intern

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 22 Apr 2011, 15:25
It's official!

I paid my deposit to the USC MBA.PM class (University Park). Notified everyone else that I will not be enrolling in their program (including UCLA FEMBA).

Stats: Graduated 2006 w/ 3.35 GPA
GMAT: 710 / 6.0 AWA
4.5 years work experience at a Global 500 company (management trainee in a rotational program, E-Business Development Manager, to now a sales manager to a team of six)

I am also part owner of a start up company.

I think I will be leaving my 9-5 job and focusing on my start up part time and the MBA (to thoroughly enjoy the MBA experience and network)

Look forward to meeting you all.

- James
Manager
Manager

Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!! [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2011, 00:51
Congrats to all new admits!

For the USC MBA.PM Class of 2014, here's a private facebook group that we have created: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk= ... 03283&ap=1

Also, here's the "official" one: https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=gr ... 1179833517
Re: Calling USC MBA.PM and UCLA FEMBA 2011 Round 2 Applicants!!   [#permalink] 25 Apr 2011, 00:51