Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 29 Aug 2014, 02:38

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 38

Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2010, 13:39
So, I read in their website that the requirement is that the applicant has at least 3 years of full time WE.
http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/mba/apply/requirements.html
My question is , will applicants be considered if they have, say 2 years of WE.And how many years of WE do the majority of successful applicants have because 3 years is the minimum and I believe one needs 4 or 5 years to be seriously considered ?Am I right ?
One last question - is it possible for a Cambridge MBA graduate to be recruited in the USA ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 03:39
anyone ?
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD, HEC
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 05:28
Hi Ivan,

I think if they have set formal requirement of 3 ye WE you should follow this requirement. There are many other schools that do not set formal requirements for WE, however most schools prefer experienced applicants.

As about second question, if you wish to work in US it's better to apply to US school. However, Cambridge ia among few european brands that are very well known in US so there is a decent chance to be seriously considered by US employers.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 05:36
Thank you :) I think the few brands that are considered in the USA are Oxford,Cambridge,Insead, and London School of Business.Am I right ?
The reason to prefer an European school is that the course continues for one year only and the fees are way lower than the ones in the USA.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IMD, HEC
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 05:42
Ivan91 wrote:
Thank you :) I think the few brands that are considered in the USA are Oxford,Cambridge,Insead, and London School of Business.Am I right ?
The reason to prefer an European school is that the course continues for one year only and the fees are way lower than the ones in the USA.

Hi Vanya))

Well, I have never been to US so can not stand as an expert. But I'm absolutely sure that Oxford, Cambridge and LBS are very well known everywhere. I think Insead and IMD also provide decent opportunities, however they are definitely less known in US than those 3 schools.
Current Student
Schools: Cambridge/Judge '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 07:55
I thought the current credo was that LBS and INSEAD are the "only" brands recognized in the US? At least according to the hotheads on the BW board. :wink:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 08:34
annae, can you please tell what stats did you have to got into Judge B-school ?
Current Student
Schools: Cambridge/Judge '11
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience [#permalink] New post 02 Aug 2010, 09:23
I have, as of now, 9 years WE in biomedical research (PhD degree in a few weeks) + a few business functions during undergrad, so not your typical candidate. 116 TOEFL (if I remember correctly) and 640 GMAT with stronger verbal than quant, but I guess being a scientist makes up for the quant score. I am fluent/well communicative in 4 languages and I've worked abroad for a year. Looking at our incoming class I have a feeling this is more of a standard between-lines requirement than exception. But most importantly, I had clear post-MBA goals and a vision of what I want to do with my life, which was crucial since I lack a business background and need to make that transition.

Oh, and I was waitlisted from R2 to R3.
Re: Cambridge Judge Business school and work experience   [#permalink] 02 Aug 2010, 09:23