Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 16:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

campus visit

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

campus visit [#permalink] New post 18 Nov 2004, 22:17
Hello again, guys

a quick question about benefits of campus visits - how large do you think is the advantage of visiting school campus and talking to the admission officers in person? Does it make a significant difference when the application is reviewed?

I'm asking, as this trip would be fun (of course) but also a relatively large expenditure in terms of travel costs + time off work.

Any ideas?

hala
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Representative
Schools: Kellogg MBA 2004
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 209 [0], given: 48

[#permalink] New post 19 Nov 2004, 06:48
Expert's post
In terms of helping your admissions chances, an on-campus interview can definitely help because it shows your level of interest in the school. If you have reason to think that a particular school might doubt your interest in the program, a campus visit will go a long way towards helping your cause. Schools know that these trips are time-consuming and expensive, which is exactly why they believe that an on-campus interview is a signal that you're truly interested. If you're not interested enough to take the time and spend the money to visit the school, then why should they be interested in you?

But, keep in mind that many people get into schools each year by only interviewing with off-campus alumni. I got into Kellogg after an off-campus interveiw, but I had also separately visited the school, and I made sure to let my interviewer know, and I also mentioned my visit in my essays.

The bottom line is that you don't have to do it, but it will give you at least somewhat of an advantage, particularly when it comes to showing your enthusiasm for the school.

Scott

Scott

Veritas Prep | GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | Co-author, Your MBA Game Plan

Save $100 on Veritas Prep GMAT Courses And Admissions Consulting
For a limited time, receive access to five Veritas Prep Computer Adaptive practice tests when you purchase a Veritas Prep GMAT book! Buy Now!
Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options.

Veritas Prep Reviews