Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 12 Jul 2014, 23:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

can a work ex of 2-3 yrs get me in an ulta elite school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

can a work ex of 2-3 yrs get me in an ulta elite school [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2005, 21:28
i have just joined a job after 4 yr of engg from a top 10 engineering college of india..

i plan to apply fr b schools in usa after 2 to 3 years..

so how should i shape my career path so tht i cn get admission in a top 10 bschool after 2-3 yrs.

for example..

1.range of gmat scores----

which is more imp

2.brand of cmpny i am wrkin in? or kind of wrk i am doin there(btw i am wrking in biggest IT company in the world)

3.extracurricular -- such as social service etc

certifications-- i have certifications of NSE(national stock exchange of india) in capital markets & in derivative markets.

5.type of recommendations

college recommendations or job recommendations.

phew... i hope i am not giving u ppl a tough. time..

thankz in advance

regards,

ankit
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
CEO
CEO
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 427 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2005, 22:00
Yes, you can be a viable candidate for the ultra elite cluster with 2-3 years of work experience.

1) In a few years, expect the median of the ultra elite schools to be north of 700. Target your own score accordingly.

2) Name of the company and your job title are less important than what you actually achieve in your job and how you can relate that experience to the admissions officers. The younger you are, the more you need to show that you are mature and have the potential to lead in the future.

3) Extracurric- Yes, this is important. Find something that interests you and get involved

4) This is worth looking into but the younger you are the less of an expectation that you need additional certification (assuming you have a strong undergrad record, of course)

5) LORs written by employers are generally best

I hope this helps.

Hjort
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

thankz... [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2005, 23:02
thankz ppl ..never expected such a prompt reply...
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: can a work ex of 2-3 yrs get me in an ulta elite school [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 06:08
Good luck with your application...and let us know how it goes!
Manager
Manager
Schools: Wharton,Insead,LBS,IMD,Kellog,Haas,Duke
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 13

Re: [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 06:44
Hjort wrote:
Yes, you can be a viable candidate for the ultra elite cluster with 2-3 years of work experience.

1) In a few years, expect the median of the ultra elite schools to be north of 700. Target your own score accordingly.

2) Name of the company and your job title are less important than what you actually achieve in your job and how you can relate that experience to the admissions officers. The younger you are, the more you need to show that you are mature and have the potential to lead in the future.

3) Extracurric- Yes, this is important. Find something that interests you and get involved

4) This is worth looking into but the younger you are the less of an expectation that you need additional certification (assuming you have a strong undergrad record, of course)

5) LORs written by employers are generally best

I hope this helps.

Hjort

u can rely on the above ans....:)
best of luck and keep us updated.

Plan to take gmat first. It will take some time.

Whatever you do, Do it SINCERELY!!!

GOD help those who help themselves....:)

Current Student
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 66

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: can a work ex of 2-3 yrs get me in an ulta elite school [#permalink] New post 15 Sep 2010, 06:55
lol, nice dig. this guys probably done with b school by now.
(post form 2005)

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: can a work ex of 2-3 yrs get me in an ulta elite school   [#permalink] 15 Sep 2010, 06:55