Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 57 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy, and Accounting
Schools:Chicago Booth
 Q47  V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Frankly, I am surprised to hear that. I think you have a good profile and an uncommon background. What other schools are you waiting on ?

helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:
Hah. I must be at 5,000 logins for Kellogg by now.

I got my status update message from K yesterday.

It's a ding.

Hope this is not going to be a trend :)
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Frankly, I am surprised to hear that. I think you have a good profile and an uncommon background. What other schools are you waiting on ?

helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:

It's a ding.

Thanks! :)

I am pretty sure that two things played to my disadvantage at Kellogg. First is my insignificant extracurricular achievements, and since K is probably the most "socially oriented" among the ultra-elites, it constitued a major gap in my application. Needless to say, that what achievements I had I tried to highlight to my greatest benefit, but obviously it was not enough.

And second - a mediocre interview. I have already posted the report earlier. In a nutshell: the alumnus was arrogant and discouraging and it was quite a grilling :)

I am waitong for feedback from Chicago GSB and Wharton next week. At least the interviews with these schools went much better than with K.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
helg wrote:
rhyme wrote:

It's a ding.

I'm sorry man. Isn't Wharton on the 21st?
VP
VP
 Q47  V44
Send PM
[#permalink]
Yes, it's due on 21/12. So, I am going to have some mighty pants pooping time next week :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Just got a completely blank e-mail from XYZ b-school that only read "Happy Holidays" on the subject line :?:

XYZ is about 80% complete, but not submitted yet.

I swear they are peeking!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1117 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Apparently so.

Just got this in my inbox this morning:

"Dear Matt,

I see that you have almost completed your application to the ABC School of Business Full-Time MBA at.... We are looking forward to reading the rest of your file upon submission.

I would like to remind you that the .... School has rolling admissions. You do not need to wait until our final deadline of April 15th to submit your application. Some of the benefits to applying before April include:

-Priority consideration for scholarships
-Receiving your admissions decision early
-The opportunity to reserve a spot at the .... Admits Weekend April 13-14

I encourage you to submit your application soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you should have any questions. We look forward to seeing you on campus soon.

Sincerely,

Dirk Diggler"
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
actually, when I was at Cornell, I heard the admissions guy ask another applicant if she was "one of the ones who we emailed to encourage to finish the application."

I found that a little surprising.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
While it is very possible that adcoms have the ability to sneak a peek at applications, do you really think after the applications come rolling in, that they will have the time to do so. This is especially true this year becaues of the tremendous surge in applications. I doubt that the adcoms were prepared for this surge fully as no one predicted such a huge increase. I think they have their hands tied with the apps they have. Some schools even have been extending interview invites past their decision deadlines. I think it is very unlikely that they take the time to sneak peeks at other applicants.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
While it is very possible that adcoms have the ability to sneak a peek at applications, do you really think after the applications come rolling in, that they will have the time to do so. This is especially true this year becaues of the tremendous surge in applications. I doubt that the adcoms were prepared for this surge fully as no one predicted such a huge increase. I think they have their hands tied with the apps they have. Some schools even have been extending interview invites past their decision deadlines. I think it is very unlikely that they take the time to sneak peeks at other applicants.

Where did you read abt the surge. Other than Michigan, I have not heard abt the surge. I heard that Wharton had 'morderate' numbers of candidates.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
squali83 wrote:

Where did you read abt the surge. Other than Michigan, I have not heard abt the surge. I heard that Wharton had 'morderate' numbers of candidates.

Cornell, I believe, pushed out their R2 decision date by about a MONTH based on the "increased volume". When I admitted there in R1, I was told it was "especially competitive this year". Michigan just plumb came out and told the world about their 50% application volume jump. There's been a lot of "talk" of increased volume this year, but who knows.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
sm176811 wrote:
squali83 wrote:

Darden when I visited said they were up about 50% and UNC they were up, although no specific volume. I have also heard what rhyme stated above. It seems apps are up EVERYWHERE almost.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
squali83 wrote:
sm176811 wrote:
squali83 wrote:

Darden when I visited said they were up about 50% and UNC they were up, although no specific volume. I have also heard what rhyme stated above. It seems apps are up EVERYWHERE almost.

Bad News!
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
It is bad news as long as we are all still waiting for admits! I am happy with any school on my list, although I do have my favorites. However, it might be interesting to see the quality of classmates coming up this year. It should be stellar as the adcoms have had a HUGE pool to select admits from. I just hope I am included in one of those classes! :lol:
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
I do not understand - when the economy is doing well most people want to go back to school and vice-versa!
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
All that I can think of is, entering students see the pay of exiting students and are attracted by the good market demands for freshly minted MBAs!

Otherwise it is foolish. People should go back to school when the economy is low so that when they graduate they can catch the rising economic wave.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I don't believe in trying to time the market or economy.

sm176811 wrote:
All that I can think of is, entering students see the pay of exiting students and are attracted by the good market demands for freshly minted MBAs!

Otherwise it is foolish. People should go back to school when the economy is low so that when they graduate they can catch the rising economic wave.
Current Student
Send PM
[#permalink]
Well the common thought on the apps going up is that it is not a increase in more people applying, rather the # of people applying to more schools. GMAT activity has not gone up in persons taking the test so this lends credibility to the aforementioned school of thought. It will be interesting to see the yield rate for schools after this admissions season is over with. If this proposed reason for the surge in applications is true then the yield rate should be extremely lower than before. I know I applied to 6 schools and it seems that on this forum the average is 5-6. It would be interesting to locate what historically was the average # of schools each applicant applied to.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1   2   3