Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Sep 2014, 10:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt? [#permalink] New post 03 Nov 2009, 23:21
I am practicing for TOEFL ibt. Through the process, I met some disturb problems. Begin with reading passages, I worked with some books like: Delta keys, barron IBT and How to master skill for the Toefl ibt - advanced level. I did quite well, expecially in How to master skill for the Toefl ibt book. From these, i begin running in actual test but it were happened some serious problems. I could not complete all the answers from test, it was just about more than 50%. Oh oh, serious! I so feel confusedly now.
Can anyone offer me some advices?
Thank u so much!
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 5

Re: Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt? [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 03:50
Hi chienvlqt,

Do you plan to take the GMAT as well? If yes, get started with the RC passages and try to understand them. Rephrase the main ideas in your own words. That forces you to really understand what you just read. If you understand these passages, the TOEFL passages are a piece of cake.
A great platform to study is Englishtown.com, because they combine writing, reading and listening in a very relaxed atmosphere with a new topic every day. That will increase your vocabulary without having to study long lists of them.

They offer also dedicated TOEFL prep, which helped me to score in the 92th percentile.

Hope that helps.

Jochen
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UT at Austin, Indiana State University, UC at Berkeley
WE 1: 5.5
WE 2: 5.5
WE 3: 6.0
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 48 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt? [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2009, 12:33
Try getting right material study.
For instance, I extensively studied Cliff's Toefl, which was a great grammar source.
As for increasing your RC skills, the best option is to read as many books in English as possible. The knowledge of vocabulary is
important for getting right answer.

Never give up,,,

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt? [#permalink] New post 17 Nov 2009, 00:59
ok, I somewhat understand what i should do from your messages. Thank you for your helps! :P
Expert Post
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Other
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2011
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
Followers: 364

Kudos [?]: 1793 [0], given: 358

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt? [#permalink] New post 22 Nov 2009, 18:09
Expert's post
Do you read whole passage and then answer questions? If yes, don't do that. Read first question, then first paragraph, then second question, second paragraph and so on.

HOT! GMAT TOOLKIT 2 (iOS) / GMAT TOOLKIT (Android) - The OFFICIAL GMAT CLUB PREP APP, a must-have app especially if you aim at 700+ | PrepGame

Re: Can anyone offer me some advices in toefl ibt?   [#permalink] 22 Nov 2009, 18:09