Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 02 Oct 2014, 00:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can anyone please tell me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Can anyone please tell me? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2010, 01:00
Hi,

Despite some serious preparations and a lot of efforts I can not make more thank half of the questions correct of each verbal section. I mean every time I try the verbal questions (GMAT Prep 12th edition) almost half of the questions are right and rest half is wrong for each RC,SC and CR.

My quant is almost 35-36(from previous tests) and now if my half of the answers in verbal is right how much can I score? Can anyone give me any idea please?

And second question (sorry if it is silly)-- I have taken three GMAT tests in one centre, every time the score is around 400. This is my last GMAT test, so trying to take as much precautions and preaparations as possible to get at least 550. The question is if I change the test centre and go ot a new centre will it have any better effect ?

Thanks in advance for reading and kind effective reply.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: IIT Madras
WE 1: 2+ years - Programming
WE 2: 3+ years - Product developement,
WE 3: 2+ years - Program management
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 175 [0], given: 104

Re: Can anyone please tell me? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2010, 01:07
Definitely no. Give it your best shot. Don't worry about test center unless there is something disturbing you seriously there (like a hot babe or AC or whatever)...
Manager
Manager
Schools: Booth, Columbia, Kellogg,INSEAD, LBS
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 1

Re: Can anyone please tell me? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2010, 03:19
FIrst thing first, the very fact that you've put in "a lot of efforts" doesn't necessarily imply that you'd have prepared the correct way. The fact that you've 50% accuracy on Verbal indicates that your concepts are still not very strong. What has been your strategy while preparing ? Did you ensure that you firstly understand a particular concept say in Sentence correction and then do enough practice problems to test your understanding of those questions?
Did you maintain an error log ? Did you keep on revising the concepts ? Which books did you refer ? Did you participate in discussions with your own study group ?
The answers to all the questions above will help us in finding the right strategy for you.

My 760 debrief

Manager
Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 84 [0], given: 21

Re: Can anyone please tell me? [#permalink] New post 13 Dec 2010, 03:45
changing the test center will not help you. You know your weaknesses, then you ll have to work on that: did you have a look at the forum for the verbal books and else? Maybe have a look at gmat courses...

If you find the post useful, don't be shy and Kudo me ;)

Re: Can anyone please tell me?   [#permalink] 13 Dec 2010, 03:45