Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Jul 2014, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 05:49
This post received
KUDOS
Hey guys,

took the GMAT today and scored a 710 (Q49/V36), while I am satisfied with the Q, I really feel embarrassed about my Verbal score because I never scored below 40 on my last 6 practice tests. Well whatever, can't change that now, here's my question.

So what actually confuses me is that according to a grading table here on GMATCLUB, my score should be a 690? Not that I am complaining. Another guy with the same Quant score and a 37 in Verbal posted some days ago and he received a 700. So I am confused, can my score still "drop" to a 690?

I am satisfied with the 710, but if it falls below 700 ill probably have to take it again. :(

Thanks guys.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 374 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 06:17
It's possible, but very rare. I can't think of any record on GC where the score changed.

There are bands in each of the score ranges. You obviously scored higher on the 49 quant and 36 verbal.

With my breakdown (48/38) I've seen scores from 690 to 720.

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Current Student
Concentration: Technology, Other
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.8
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 3

Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 07:48
I just took my exam on Feb 18 and received notice that my official scores were available. There was no change for me.
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V37
GPA: 3.28
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 56 [1] , given: 72

Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 07:55
This post received
KUDOS
DDW wrote:
Hey guys,

took the GMAT today and scored a 710 (Q49/V36), while I am satisfied with the Q, I really feel embarrassed about my Verbal score because I never scored below 40 on my last 6 practice tests. Well whatever, can't change that now, here's my question.

So what actually confuses me is that according to a grading table here on GMATCLUB, my score should be a 690? Not that I am complaining. Another guy with the same Quant score and a 37 in Verbal posted some days ago and he received a 700. So I am confused, can my score still "drop" to a 690?

I am satisfied with the 710, but if it falls below 700 ill probably have to take it again. :(

Thanks guys.

Congrats man on scoring a 710. Though you didn't scored well in verbal but still 710 is a good score and also balanced in both quant and verbal.
As far as change of score in the official report , i haven't heard anyone experiencing this :o and you will also see a 710 on your official score report buddy.
+1 kudo from my side for a good score. Wish you luck for your AWA and application part.

If you like my post, Press +1 KUDO. It is the best way to say Thanks .

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2156

Kudos [?]: 7565 [0], given: 3623

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 08:28
Expert's post
DDW wrote:
Hey guys,

Thanks guys.

The score really never changes (there are cases where score was canceled but not changed) and as Mohater mentioned never anyone on GMAT Club had that in the past 9 years.
So, that score is yours to keep. Your official report should be available in the next few days. Congratulations.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report? [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2012, 08:38
This post received
KUDOS
awesome! thank you guys for the quick replies :) I'm really relieved!
Re: Can GMAT score change from unofficial to official report?   [#permalink] 28 Feb 2012, 08:38