Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:24 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 497 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
WE:Consulting (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Can I be your future client? :wink: [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey there,

1. Job: Yes. Even I am planning to do job after May. As, I will have atleast 4 months before the Course starts in Sep/ Nov 2013. (assuming that I will get admission)

So this is great news. The amount of time you will be int he job is less important than the fact that you should have one!

2. GMAT: All the schools I am planning to apply has there deadline in this month. This is one of the reason I thought of not re-taking it now. Another reason, the average GMAT score in Judge & Said is 680. And GMAT range in LBS is 600-730 and average is 698 (https://www.london.edu/programmes/mba/ap ... aphic.html).

Aha! I see. I thought you would be applying this year. The first three schools will be a real challenge as they have filled almost all their spaces already, and usually in order to get in at the later rounds, you have to have a far stronger profile than int he early rounds. But if it is worth it to you then give it a shot, and if it doesn't work out, you can always retake the GMAT in the summer. And yes, it is true that the GMAT mean in these schools ranges from 680-700. But keep two things in mind: 1. Chinese applicants tend to have a far higher average than the overall average (it's all the hard work!) 2. IF you have a lower GMAT, you need to have a better something else.

Anyhow, I think your plan makes sense. I'd recommend staring to focus on INSEAD and IMD because they are in earlier rounds. You might think about HEC if the school appeals to you as it would be the same story. For the first three, I would leave out LBS, because it is so tough to get into anyway, and I don't think you will have time for all five schools.

Hope you find that my advice is useful!!!!!
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts