Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Jul 2014, 10:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 01:48
I am 32 years old and have struggled my way up in my career. I started my career post high school and worked and grew up from a 'door to door salesmen' to a 'debt collector' to 'lead strategist' today. It took me almost 13 years to reach here.

I did finish my graduation (never really got any A’s or B’s ) and now am dreaming to move up to a management position and that means I need an MBA (obviously the top institutes).

I am obviously not that great on any of the subjects covered under GMAT and need someone to guide me from scratch. I intend to give the exam in June’10 and wanted to ask you this:

Are 4 months good enough to prepare ?
How do I manage my time . (I work 5 days a week, around 10 hours a day)
And how can I get hold of one of the study schedule calenders’ ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Affiliations: Columbia, Wharton, LBS
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, LBS, Columbia, Wharton, HEC Paris
Followers: 17

Kudos [?]: 112 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 10 Feb 2010, 15:57
Are 4 months good enough to prepare ?
MR: Yes. 4 months is a good period. But it depends on how much you study each week. Consistency and a good amount of practice are crucial.

How do I manage my time . (I work 5 days a week, around 10 hours a day)
MR: Use every bit of your downtime. On the day when you are tired, just review concepts and do some practice problems and then compare the answers. No need to be tough on yourself. On the day you are fresh and energetic, set aside a block of time (2-4 hours) to immerse yourself in practice. Then once you develop the confidence, start to use timer. Then start to become faster and faster at identifying answers.

And how can I get hold of one of the study schedule calenders’?
MR: There are many sites who offer such a suggestion. For example, gmattutor.com has some self study plans. However, they need to be updated to reflect the latest editions of books.

Good luck! More questions, email us directly for faster response.

Manhattan Review GMAT Prep & MBA Admissions Consulting
Web: http://www.manhattanreview.com | Phone: +1.212.316.2000
Receive 20% off Admissions Consultings as GMATClub member!

Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ?   [#permalink] 10 Feb 2010, 15:57

Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap