Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 05:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Insurance)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 02:21
I am 32 years old and have struggled my way up in my career. I started my career post high school and worked and grew up from a 'door to door salesmen' to a 'debt collector' to 'lead strategist' today. It took me almost 13 years to reach here.

I did finish my graduation (never really got any A’s or B’s :( and now am dreaming :?: to move up to a management position and that means I need an MBA (obviously the top institutes).

I am obviously not that great on any of the subjects covered under GMAT and need someone to guide me from scratch. I intend to give the exam in June’10 and wanted to ask you this:

Are 4 months good enough to prepare ?
How do I manage my time . (I work 5 days a week, around 10 hours a day)
And how can I get hold of one of the study schedule calenders’ ?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Forum Moderator
Concentration: Healthcare, Economics
Schools: Ross '14 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: Q V
GPA: 3.54
WE: Accounting (Manufacturing)
Followers: 53

Kudos [?]: 374 [0], given: 234

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 04:06
Hello vanidhar,

Many people start off "not great" (actually, some really terrible actually) on the various GMAT subjects. That being said, if you give prepping its due time and address your shortcomings, you can succeed.

As for the calendar, no such canned on exists. If you sign up for a prep class, the program will have a schedule, but for people who study on his/her own, each person must develop his/her own.

Please review the following threads:
everything-you-need-to-prepare-for-the-gmat-revised-77983.html
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html
Error Log

Also, spend some time reading debriefs in the GMAT Experience Forum:
share-your-gmat-experience-8/

Four months could possibly be enough time, but again, this depends on you.

Many of us work full time, are married, etc and we still make time to prep. You need to prioritize to determine what you want to do.

Best of luck,

vanidhar wrote:
I am 32 years old and have struggled my way up in my career. I started my career post high school and worked and grew up from a 'door to door salesmen' to a 'debt collector' to 'lead strategist' today. It took me almost 13 years to reach here.

I did finish my graduation (never really got any A’s or B’s :( and now am dreaming :?: to move up to a management position and that means I need an MBA (obviously the top institutes).

I am obviously not that great on any of the subjects covered under GMAT and need someone to guide me from scratch. I intend to give the exam in June’10 and wanted to ask you this:

Are 4 months good enough to prepare ?
How do I manage my time . (I work 5 days a week, around 10 hours a day)
And how can I get hold of one of the study schedule calenders’ ?

Strategy Discussion Thread | Strategy Master | GMAT Debrief| Please discuss strategies in discussion thread. Master thread will be updated accordingly. | GC Member Write Ups

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Insurance)

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 15

Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 04:46
thanks a lot.
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 2

Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2010, 09:52
please keep us updated about your progress. Good luck!

Truth is infinite, understanding is finite

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 87 [0], given: 26

GMAT Tests User
Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ? [#permalink] New post 06 Feb 2010, 17:10
4 months should be enough, but you have to stay dedicated/motivated...

i know it's tough, especially having a full time job. it can get tough to get back in the academic mood (i.e., studying), after working for so many years...

hang in there.

kudos if you like me (or my post) :P

Re: Can I get into one of the top B-School MBA ?   [#permalink] 06 Feb 2010, 17:10