I'm in a situation where my top choice put me on a waitlist. I have acceptance to another school, whose deposit deadline is very soon. Can I pay the deposit, but if I get accepted to my top choice, decline enrollment to the #2 school?
Also, how should I go about declining enrollment after paying deposit? I know this may be getting ahead of myself, but I just want to be prepared if the moment arises.
Obviously you would lose the deposit. Just send a quick email to admissions declining your spot. No big deal.