Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:22 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72873 [2]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 438 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: World Domination, Finance, Political Corporatization, Marketing, Strategy
Schools:LBS, INSEAD, IMD, ISB - Anything with just 1 yr program.
 Q47  V32
Send PM
Re: Can I take this to GMAT level-curious to know [#permalink]
Kudos
Exellon wrote:
Read the MGMAT books. Speed comes after understanding. It usually goes Understanding>Speed>Endurance (keeping your performance up after 1 hour+)

Reading WSJ or Economist won't help nearly as much as the books dealing with the GMAT. Only do that after you've exhausted all verbal section resources.

Understanding>Speed>Endurance - Nice one, I like that. Now my problem are the last two. I am sure I am able to understand of the tested concepts, traps etc. I am pretty confident of managing my speed in a timely manner. My biggest problem is my endurance right now. 37 quant questions is alright, I have always loved numbers and math, used to be a math geek as a kid but 41 questions in verbal is like a nightmare. I am not able to sit through any longer after say 20 questions in verbal, this despite not attempting any AWA or quant sections prior to that.

What can anyone do to improve focus and interest? I want to be able to look forward for more interesting and challenging questions as time passes by even when I sit for practise, but seems like my charred brain demands for a break.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
NICE TO SEE THAT SOMEONE FINALLY REPLIED..........

Hey guys, I agree with Barney that endurance>speed is not the only matter. IMHO, The only matter here is PATIENCE to think, to understand, & to take closer look. Well when nobody replied to my posts I felt agitated, ditched & betrayed ( at that time I needed a good advice that would work instantly) & in my agony I browsed all over the internet for possible solution for quick results but their can't be quick result. Isn't it? You've to give time to something in order to learn something & that's what I am doing these days. Reading, Listening & Writing english because I feel quite reluctant to read any serious material (well my serious include reading books too). Now I improved but not mastered it though soon I will. So I started out with Books. I just picked up any book & started reading it & i've got the ECONOMIST subscription too for real deal. Now after 2 months long break from GMAT verbal when I picked up OG 12 & started with verbal my strike rate increased & surprisingly I can comprehend all the SC & CR questions in 1 go. Earlier which used to be 2-3 times. And did I mention that I also included watching movies & shows, off course english, to adapt my ears.

Well I can just share my experience like others but real thing here is you've to find yourself what really suits you & it's you who has to choose your way out. The road is in front of you. The directions are also provided. Almost everything is known. The only thing unknown is how is your dedication to find the answer within yourself to reach the other end of road. Now, it's you to decide which vehicle you want. Aeroplane to take the look from the top for masters, car to drive at your own speed for intermediate or Walk to learn everything that are coming in your way for beginners.

Good luck!!!
GMAT Club Bot