Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 23:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

can some one have a look in my essay please ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Sloan '15
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

can some one have a look in my essay please ? [#permalink] New post 27 Oct 2011, 12:55
"Being occasionally dishonest is a good way to maintain relationships with friends and loved ones."
How would you rate the accuracy of the above statement? Support your position with reasons and examples.

My answer:

the issue of honnesty with friends and loved people is a controversial one. While many think that being occasionally dishonnest with the closeest people is immorale and can harm one 's relationship, others think that the occasionnal dishonnesty can be beneficial and can resolve some of complexed situation. a closer examination of the issue reveals that occasional disohnnesty can be a good way to maintain a relationship with the closest people.

One reason for that is that occasional disonnesty can pick one out from unconfortable situation. for example by a simple lie one can explain for his wife why he is with her best friend in a coffé. It's inamanagible how the situation will be without lying. some might argue that it 's easy to slide in a all time lying mood. This can be countered by the fact that the subject concerns only rare situations where dishonnesty is needed.

another reason is that it 's impossible to be all the time honnest. Evry single person lied at least once in his life. Hence it 's almost impossible to be honnest with friends all the time.Therfore, one can use those "dishonnest windows" to strenghen his relationship with the closest people.

The best reason might be that being dishonnest might be beneficial for all people. Truth is not alwayd the best choice. How can one explain for his friend that friend-wife is dating with another common friend for example. This can break family and put childs in the street. It can unrecoverable situation. Another example liying can recover a broken relationship between friends. thus lying or at least closing eyes in some situation is the best way to deal with it.

In summary, While there are reasons in the both sides, it 's clear that the advantages of being dishonnest are greater than that of being honnest. The easy explanation of some situations and the harm that can be avoided whille being dishonnest are enormous reasons to choose being occasionnaly disnonnest.

Thanks.
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 281 [0], given: 11

Re: can some one have a look in my essay please ? [#permalink] New post 31 Oct 2011, 23:55
Hi medmti,

Overall feedback:
1. Work on the grammar - the sentences are broken at places and do not make sense
2. You are repeating points - the first and third reason you provide are largely similar
3. Bring out some different examples- the ones you use are not clear

Overall, I would give this a 4.0 on 6.0 at best. Some improvement needed.

GyanOne | http://www.GyanOne.com | +91 9899831738

Get a free detailed MBA profile evaluation

Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions blog

Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
Followers: 15

Kudos [?]: 266 [0], given: 20

GMAT Tests User
Re: can some one have a look in my essay please ? [#permalink] New post 21 Nov 2011, 04:52
Please refer to the attached word document for my opinion.
Attachments

occasional dishonesty.docx [16.31 KiB]
Downloaded 126 times

To download please login or register as a user

KUDOS me if you feel my contribution has helped you.

Re: can some one have a look in my essay please ?   [#permalink] 21 Nov 2011, 04:52