Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Nov 2014, 00:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can't get pass 600.

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

Can't get pass 600. [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 22:23
This post received
KUDOS
I have't taken the real exam yet but I took Manhattan GMAT and scored around 550 on a few of them. I took Prep1 twice and I think the second time I saw some repeats so I scored better. My problem is I get stuck on a math question (or two), loose precious time and don't get to finish 5-7 questions. Verbal for some reason is better. At least I get to finish it.
I just can't believe that some of the harder questions on MTGMAT are expected to be done within 2 minutes. What am I doing wrong?
Manhattan GMAT Discount CodesKaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 1250 Q780 V540
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [2] , given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Can't get pass 600. [#permalink] New post 13 Jan 2008, 22:46
This post received
KUDOS
kamilaak wrote:
I have't taken the real exam yet but I took Manhattan GMAT and scored around 550 on a few of them. I took Prep1 twice and I think the second time I saw some repeats so I scored better. My problem is I get stuck on a math question (or two), loose precious time and don't get to finish 5-7 questions. Verbal for some reason is better. At least I get to finish it.
I just can't believe that some of the harder questions on MTGMAT are expected to be done within 2 minutes. What am I doing wrong?

I am not exactly sure on how long a harder question of MGMAT takes. but, definitely it will not be a 2 min question, as these are somewhat harder than real deal. As I see the sugestions in this forum, if a question takes more than 4-5 mins, better do an educated guess and proceed with the further questions. You can at least solve the remaining questions thouroughly. When it comes to normal practice during initial weeks, you better spend the time until you solve the question.

If you have completed 50-75% of your preperation, you can do one GmatPrep test to assess your caliber when you are in such dilamma. This will nearly tell you where you are.

Btn, I assume you have completed OG. If not, please do so.

If you like my post, please press Kudos+1

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

Re: Can't get pass 600. [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 05:41
This post received
KUDOS
Yes, I have completed OG, OG Quant and OG Verbal. I've been doing Manhattan GMAT and tests from 800.com. I can finish the problems but they take longer that they should. Maybe I'm missing some shortcuts... I don't know.
Manager
Manager
GRE 1: 1250 Q780 V540
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 49 [0], given: 15

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Can't get pass 600. [#permalink] New post 14 Jan 2008, 08:22
kamilaak wrote:
Yes, I have completed OG, OG Quant and OG Verbal. I've been doing Manhattan GMAT and tests from 800.com. I can finish the problems but they take longer that they should. Maybe I'm missing some shortcuts... I don't know.

Then it's perfect time to do one GMATPREP test now, and the other one a week before the test. Of all the tests available, gmatprep nearly mimics the actual test. If you are still encounter the same problem, then its a real problem.

If you like my post, please press Kudos+1

Re: Can't get pass 600.   [#permalink] 14 Jan 2008, 08:22